BlizzardMU Discussions: S6EP3 vs EX702+ NEW Server Files and More

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Gix, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

I've decided to use Xenforo as our new forum platform, over IPB (vbulletin is already outdated and it would need a total recoding for me to continue using them, it was nice while it lasted) as it's created by the people behind vbulletin (before being sold to IB), it's a new forum platform created in 2014, their coding is far better than any forum software out there, lightweight, low resources, seo and user friendly, biggest active developers team, lots of free awsome resources and the most important factor comes when we are about of moving 300.000+ members on multiple forums. Example: If we would use a separate IPB/VB forum for MU, D2, CS, etc that would mean we will have to duplicate the forum database resulting into 300K+300K+300K members which is damn huge, totally stupid and the ammount of used resources would be outrageous. Xenforo has the most brilliant feature I have ever seen and you can use the same forum database on multiple domains. Once accesing a certain domain you will only see the forums of that certain game +/- a global category that we decide to be seen by any domain name. Example: If you would access the muonline server domain you see it exactly like a muonline forum, no diablo2 / counter strike / w3, etc content.

Terrafrit likes this.
  2. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

Then I would suggest opening two 9999x exp beta servers for both versions and let the players decide then. You didn't understand my wording of profitable, profitable in the sense it may not be a convenience, although when a business or a service is provided, the ultimate goal for it is to be profitable, whether it be 0.01 of your currency or 100000. You need to stay in profit to continue the service.

3. Gavileitor

Gavileitor Member

Agree 100% , i wanna play server whith minors bugs , a 99% bugless server (skills - ML - boss events) , dont care if s6ep3 or new ex700.

4. BIiZzArDK

BIiZzArDK Senior Member

Vote S7

5. KraMer

KraMer Anor Nó Mille Fortis Supporter

from a viewpoint of muonline community oldie (*wawes hands to all familiar faces*)

fileprovider: Mue. definedly right decision, having dealt with both igcn and mue in terms of customer service quality and as you put it "knowing their shit" Mue far outranks igcn.

version: While I generally tend to root for servers pursuing nostalgic, old gmo feeling and settings to go with it, this time around I would strongly recommend pursuing ex702+ files as clear as possible, having a proper beta with enought players.

If events, bosses and everything can be configured well enought and not overly many, unfixable bugs are around I'm fairly sure current playerbase, former players and gradually new players would become interested again and spark life to this network once again as the first private low rate ex702+ server with all of the events and features properly functioning and being truly longterm project.

the reason for not rooting for s6 ep3 is simple. there are MANY of semi-succesful lowrate servers running the exact version, surely fresh server would attract attention for a while, however likely the attentionspan would be limited as other lowrate servers upgrade to newer versions. So in short I personally would prefer ex702+ or even season 8 files for longevity of the server's playerbase as there is nothing worse than a good server without players to fill it.

Other: Regarding forum update I'd like to suggest a radical move. take all accounts that have been inactive more than 2-3 years and delete them before migration. makes the process hell of a lot easier. Why? because if the forums are brand new, topics dont get transferred over and format changes, Im fairly sure the ones who have been inactive for more than 2-3 years wouldnt even know this is the same community it used to be a few years ago as even the name has changed a few times, so they wont mind as likely they would instead make a new account anyway if they would stumble upon the site again. point being giving the forum an overall fresh feeling.

note: about 30 mins ago I posted in dmu sect and had not noticed this topic yet, now I feel like It might be the time to return for a little longer time to low rate servers.

6. jimini

jimini Member

I will need some opinions on these two important things: version and domain name change (diablomu and eternalmu players are welcomed to state their opinion for the name change only, not for the version)

Season6 Episode3 or ex702+ ?

I was always DiabloMu player and i will be ...

New server/domain name change to eternalmu.com ? Have any other name suggestions ? (all current domains will point to a single one and all our multiple servers 10x, 100x, etc will remain under a single name)

Diablomu.com is the domain i would go for. Most of the players played DiabloMu , 1st mu server name was DiabloMu and most players online had DiabloMu over 1000 online. Im sure most of all the players ever played Mu here refer to DiabloMu domain. Puting eternal to name domain is pointless this server allready prover its here to stay.

7. Hopium

Hopium Member

i vote to stick with s6e3 for as long as possible. and vote for evolutionmu.com but wow thats expensive so no chance :D

8. Gix

Thats a premium domain, no sense to pay $2000+ for a domain name :) Stick to the current ones for an opinion.

Also, whats the reason behind your pick?

9. KraMer

KraMer Anor Nó Mille Fortis Supporter

by the way is there any estimation schedule of this planned change over to ex702?

10. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

We still making decisions over S6E3 and ex702+.

11. Kratos

Kratos Member

Think about it this way...S6E3 was tried here already (missing a few events / bugs) and it was fun for a little while until everyone reached ml 200...if you can fix the events that weren't working and get that season as bugless as possible then i say go with it ... otherwise ex702+ has a bunch of new things and would attract new and old alike and even though there may be a few more bugs etc...i don't think it would take away from the overall feel of playing the newer season.

Terrafrit likes this.
  12. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

The new files won't have that much critical bugs. I don't mind to experience S6E3 again , but without bugs.

13. Kratos

Kratos Member

Any updates?

14. Gix

Did you ever seen updates being made into this community without posting them ? No updates for the moment, we will post them when we are good to go.

ajemna21 likes this.
  15. Gavileitor

Gavileitor Member

Im checking topic all days too for news of update , patience bro!

ajemna21 and Gix like this.
  16. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

It's been a month and there is no activity so I'll go ahead and ask.

How close we are to test the new files? Staff decided if they go with s6 or s7 ?

Shall I go play something else or shall I wait lil bit more ? I want to play , but I can't be patient if I don't know an estimate date of launch.

17. Gix

Do you really don't play anything because of us? Go ahead and play any games you want, when there will be updates we will post them here.
    Currently this is pretty much a dead period for everything as holidays are coming fast and most people are busy with spending X-Mas or New Year's party. As for the version, we want our best for the players and while S6 has good anticheat options, S7 is quite lacking that. I know some other servers are having huge problems with the anticheat and although they got online players it's not that fair for others to cheat like hell so I'm waiting for some updates over the S7 anticheat in order to be patched. I've also mentioned I'll be quite busy due to a personal project that I have finished few days ago and which thankfully it was a great success for me.

All servers are still online ofc and there are quite few players playing around. In BlizzardMu there are about 60-100 so thats not bad at all.

PS: Thanks for the addiction.

18. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

Yes, I play other games, but I'm not that serious cuz I have in mind that I'll move here when things are ready.

So you are going for s7 ?

19. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

While reading your opening topic Gix , i saw it was posted on the 1st of september and now we are somewhere in december . I would like to know if you have made any decision ?

Also after actually reading your post carefully i realized the amount of money that must be paid to get the files,then setup the server and maintain it. I would like to say regarding the name or domain situation , i once played a server that had 1 main name ex: " Bread server " and when you would open the game you would choose " bread server " 10 xp / 100 xp / 1000 xp. It was a bit annoying and didn't make me trust the site but while i type i know that blizzard is a serious server. You seem keen on keeping the domain name " eternal.com" or something like that , i like that idea but could you then call the servers like they have been called : blizzard mu and diablo mu ? .
    Also you would have to think of the webshop so that it wouldn't create a huge gap between the regular players and the donators , like there shouldn't really be items from "rare tickets " or even seperately sold ( i know you probably know this stuff but i'm just stating my opinion in a bigger manner ) , i personally love to donate i would go as far as to wish that i get huge advantages but i would also like the server to have hard working players from whom i could buy stuff with jewels .
    Regarding the season , i swear i can't stand that ex700 , why ? : when you want to chat many times you push enter and start chatting and it doesn't type in the chat window but it opens your vault and character etc , when you go to your storage and open it , it may pop up on the left corner of the screen or middle and when you trade someone the trade window can open over the vault one :)) .( i get so mad thinking about this ex700 ) it has ruined mu ...... and my last hope is you opening a great season 6 ep 3 server for a couple of years and when there is no choice left ... ( because i don't own it ) we could move to a perfect ex700 or whatever will be newer then ...

I personally hope it will be season 6 ep 3. Let us know Gix what's happening with your thoughts!

Have a nice day ,

James

20. Gavileitor

Gavileitor Member

I see lot of new ppl on server this days and some old ppl too , maybe are waiting for good news!