Soul Barrier

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Ridgeback, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Ridgeback

Ridgeback Member

I would like to know how the SoulBarrier skill really works. It's telling that absorbs certain amount of damage, but it's not absorbing what shows on the description. It works only on pvp? Or works different vs monsters ?

The stat used to increases the amount of absorption is only Agility, or it increases with energy too ?

Wich is the difference betwen Elf defense buff and Soul Barrier ?

So many questions, but they're relevant to me. Hope someone can answer, lol.

Sorry about my bad english. Thank you, peace.

2. Arch0n

Arch0n Member

Soul barier is working find both pvp and pve, agi increase it more but ene increase the absorb too.
    elf dont give you absorb %, just increase defence i guess

Ridgeback and Ezekiel like this.
  3. Offspring

Offspring Active Member

SB reduces damage in percentages. If you have 49% absorb and dik hits you 1000 then you take 51% damage of that 1000 which is 510. Not sure how defense exactly works but damage decrease/absorb is much more useful when numbers get high.

Ridgeback, Arch0n and Ezekiel like this.
  4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Both skills are good, however keep in mind this is a reset server so do not follow blindly the values written inside the soul barrier skill icon as the game has been designed for no resets and the client text follows the default pattern. Having xxx% (3 figures) damage absorb would mean you will never take any damage, from anyone, which makes no sense.

Default formula is (10 + (agility÷ 50) + ( energy÷ 200) = [%] but this only applies to our x10 server. On the server you are playing, x100, we use a different formula since it allows you to reset your character and all similar servers normally use a different formula for balance purpose to avoid 100% miss scenario. The formula should tell you that you will get more % damage absorb by increasing your agility stats compared to energy. Once you get maxed (65k stats) you may test several builds during your last grand reset and pick the one who suits you best.

Ridgeback likes this.
  5. Ridgeback

Ridgeback Member

There's no way to redistribute the points ?
    I mean, i have to test my final build, because when i'm at 30/10 resets i will not have the possibility to distribute my points again ?

6. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

You can redistribute your points for free every single reset until you reach max stats.

Once you maxed your character you can still redistribute your points as many times as you want by purchasing the "Stats Adjustment" package from xShop (can be found in Special category) using eCoins that you can obtain either by selling in-game items, voting or donating but doing it for free during the ~300 resets should be more than enough to find your preferred build.

Ridgeback likes this.