[POLL] Castle Siege Start Time in x10 Server

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Gix, Jun 9, 2016.

?

Castle Siege Start Time

1. 16:00 (Server Time)

53.8%
  2. 17:00 (Server Time)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 18:00 (Server Time)

46.2%
  1. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Before the first siege event is officially announced, several poll threads are created like we always do so the exact time and settings can be adjusted. The announcement thread of the first castle siege start date will be posted either tomorrow or during the weekend to see some results of the polls first so ignore any ingame npc info about castle siege until we officially announce it.

By the looks of it everyone is ready for the battle so next week should be a good time to start it, that's three weeks since the start which is usually the time when siege event starts on mu servers. Also be warned that those who abuse this event will be disqualified and I'm talking about registering ghost guilds usually owned by the same player(s) that are ment to block other guilds from participating.

Now, the most common siege day for most servers is Sunday and this is the day we have been using here as well for years so we better stick to that, however the event time has to be discussed as some might want to play both the reset and non-reset servers siege event or prefer a different time so cast your vote and let us know your opinion.

Let your guild/alliance members know about this thread too.

All start times will be expressed in Server Time that can be found on our website, at the top.
    Check this poll thread http://forum.eternalmu.com/threads/poll-castle-siege-time-duration-in-x10-server.538524/ first, before casting your vote.

If you have a different time suggestion you can name it inside of your reply but the given time intervals should be common for most countries.

For those who participated today at the running event that was never announced to be the official siege start date like any other mu server announces publicly when this happens and us included, you should know by now that we always announce first siege date and it's obvious that the event is in a trial mode just like it was the previous week as both siege day and time were wrong (should be sunday not thursday as it's terrible to have it during a working week day and the time is yet to be decided by voting) and even if it works as intended which is great, these are some of the issues that needs to be corrected before and not during the official live event otherwise there will be even more discussions about this and I'm sure everyone wants for this event to work correctly and start exactly when it should.
    These corrections can't be done with an offline siege as they need to be observed in a cs running state first otherwise the siege event might end up bugged like it happens in other servers and people will then complaing on why isn't working or why the date and time are set wrong which isn't something we want to see on an upcoming announced castle siege especially since this certain event is quite tricky when it comes to setting a correct cycle and thats why many servers get into castle siege gap issues after a couple cycles as you could have noticed by now. Considering there are servers where the event time changes constantly, is unknown a day before it starts or it ends in a minute after starting, none of these happend here so far exactly because we do things by the book and run tests without having to perform full reboots of the entire server everytime we apply corrections so always wait for our official announcements regarding the set date of first CS event and ask if you got any doubts.

Ezekiel and Ancalag0n like this.
  2. killerkong

killerkong Active Member

3. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

@killerkong, 18:00 server time = 22:00 in Vietnam and 23:00 in Philippines not as you say. We made a poll so you can vote the most popular and common hours for all countries when it comes to castle siege.

4. killerkong

killerkong Active Member

the previous CS (trial) x10 start 17:00+ at that time it was 11PM something....i googled time zone :3
    note: didn't change my time in PC
    time zone.png
    just showing it... but if more people want 18:00 then what ever XD

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  5. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

@Ezekiel forgot the daylight saving time as not all countries have it so it's +1 on what he said. I myself find daylight saving time change a complete nonsense, no idea why humans thought it's a good idea because there is no real energy saving when it happens.

You have a poll with different hours that you can guys can vote for. There are players all around the globe and some countries may have even up to 11 hours differences but 16:00, 17:00 and 18:00 should be the middle hours that allow all nations to participate. As you see there are no votes for 17:00 because people want to attend siege on server x100 too. I would rather find 16:00 a better hour but then again for countries like Brazil that could be a bit too early and in the US even earlier which is why they probably choosed 18:00.

You can let your PH friends know about this thread and you can vote for the earlier hour, it won't change things much anyway.

sarkazmas likes this.
  6. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Ups, my bad, sorry @killerkong. It is indeed an additonal hour added during DST to the time i mentioned.