[POLL] Castle Siege Sealing Time

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Gix, Mar 31, 2016.

?

Castle Siege Sealing Time

1. Accumulated 60 seconds Sealing Time

33.3%
  2. No Accumulation 60 seconds Sealing Time

66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Hello everyone,

As we always take our players opinion into consideration, the upcoming Castle Siege event settings is waiting for your vote. I know for a fact that there are still many players out there that were considering the original CS settings a bug when they actually were not aware how the event works and I am reffering to the accumulated sealing time when the attackers were registering the seal in a few seconds by taking the castle while the defenders were calling it cheating which is totally false.

There are two main settings when it comes to Castle Siege sealing time:
    1. Accumulated 60 seconds Sealing Time which is the default castle siege setting and the way on how the event originally works ; those who played the official server should be ware of it
    2. No Accumulation 60 seconds Sealing Time which is a setting we have it available for our server and it may be turned ON or OFF

I guess it's pretty clear that 1) accumulates the sealing time, meaning each time you try to register the seal and move away from the crown the 60 seconds value will decrease and it will take less the next time when you'll attempt another sealing registration while 2) will require you to register seal for 60 seconds on every attempt in order to become the lord of the castle so in case you're moved away from the crown you will require 60 full seconds to register the seal on every attempt.

Two other important notes that you must be aware of:
    - damage is reduced by 40% during Castle Siege and in Duels , this is the original setting and we will keep it that way as it makes the pvp a lot more interesting.
    - you deal 20% damage to alliance members which again is the original setting and keeping it would make the Castle Siege event more real and the same as in the original server (we can disable the alliance damage attack and set the pvp damage to normal but both settings are intended to work as the original event and as I mentioned, it will make everything a lot more real and fun for everyone).

Now, about the sealing time we would like to hear some opinions so cast your vote and reply why you decided for that.

2. Bozkurt

Bozkurt Supporter

1 is the best i guess.

3. Gix

Vote and give arguments of your choice.

4. Bozkurt

Bozkurt Supporter

it will be nice to fight for it. other wise it will be easy to get it. just make it as how it was last time.

5. Gix

I can't understand what you're trying to say and what last time? This is the first castle siege.

6. Jukato

Jukato Active Member

I think it will be much funnier and harder when you'll have to wait 60 sec every time you try to attempt seal. When you want to become a King of the castle you have to be good. Lets think that way: When any guild will attack the defenders, they have to show that they are better, and they must show they are worthy. They didint get it by an accident. This system will show that the guild that will be the new king really deseve it. This is just my opinion, you dont have to agree :)

vipi, Kr1d and kristin3l like this.
  7. Bozkurt

Bozkurt Supporter

i mean like last seasson. and dont turn it off that 60 sec think is good. keep it like that. or did i missunderstood the subject?

8. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Totally agree with Jukato.

9. kristin3l

kristin3l Supporter

Same, I vote for setting number 2: No Accumulation

10. Bozkurt

Bozkurt Supporter

then most of guilds will wait for the last munit.

11. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Those who take the castle on the official server or other servers using default settings do it by accident? Here is how I see it: if the timer resets to 0 everytime you are pushed away from the crown the defenders won't care as much when the attacking guild is trying to register the seal because they know they can interrupt the process anywhere between 0-59 seconds while an accumulated time will make the defenders to be more careful during the sealing process and overall during the castle siege battle time as the opponent will require less time after several successful attempts.

12. Lion

Lion Supporter

No Accumulation !!!

There will be frustrated allies which will go to take the crown for 50sec when siege is starting, after that they will wait for last 3-5 min to take it ;) ( this happened last season and the ppl lost their interest of participating at siege ).
    SO in my oppinion if you want to be the castle lord you must fight every second of siege .

Extazy and NightBlue like this.
  13. Gix

While @Ezekiel has a point my personal vote goes for the No Accumulation as sooner or later people will go for the dirty short ways sealing at the begining and then waiting for the end, not that they couldn't do the same without accumulation but it will a hell of a lot harder.

donpuia and Lion like this.
  14. Jukato

Jukato Active Member

Now i have mixed feelings. This NO acummulate time will be much much harder. Even harder than i expect on the beginning, and i have to agree with @Ezekiel, but i always wanted to make it hareder. Anyway, we can make 1st CS on one of the options and see if players will like it, then change if they will not. Everything is trial and error method at the end :)

Gix likes this.
  15. Gix

Agreed, we can always change it and make it fit for the future coming sieges.

16. cretzu

cretzu Active Member

I vote 2nd option because it can`t be abused as the 1st one.

17. Extazy

Extazy Active Member

No Accumulation!
    Because ppl will wait to take it in the last 5 min,and ppl will lose their interest of paticipating at castle siege.
    The hard way is the best :D

vipi likes this.
  18. vipi

vipi Supporter

I totally agree with Gix and Extazy and Lion, good points of view

Extazy likes this.
  19. Gix

It's been decided: No accumulation

If needed we can make adjustments for the future coming sieges.

vipi, Extazy and donpuia like this.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.