[In General] AFK PK problems

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sarkazmas, Jun 17, 2016.

1. sarkazmas

sarkazmas Senior Member

MU = afk nowadays. No afk - no game :D Even GMO has non pvp and pvp servers to solve such problems:p I think server should either have one pvp and one non pvp or just one PVP :p What we currently have is hybrid and the purpose of server can be abused and that's where Jerks come in :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

GMO is different, your items drop there, it's the official server, etc and hybrid is always better than pure non-pvp which is why most servers use it

As I said, on x100 server we have a /pkclear fee in zen + 2 jewel of creation which obviously couldn't be applied here within the first few weeks and the same thing happend on x100 too, for the first week or so we only had a zen fee then we added + 1 jewel of creation and final we added one more as we wanted to from the very begining.

We had the same intention for x10 from the very begining, we started with a lower zen fee because people couldn't get creation within the first few days and increase it gradually together with adding the jewel tax, this way it makes the pvp fun but not that abusable. I guess this will please both sides, right?

sarkazmas likes this.
  3. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

Gix , our father ^_^.
    At the guy who pk's our alliance , just wanted to mention that i was called a troll as well and i donate , so trust me no one is excepted from Gix's judgement.
    Anyway , just wanted to say hello to my biggest fan in eternal mu :D , he made his own guild against me , names 2 champion after me ^^ , good times !

Peace peeps

4. Gix

We all have our troll moments and I don't make any differences, no matter if someone donated or not, that's how you keep things fair. And "troll" is by no means an insult, friends troll each other as a joke too for example. Anyway let's stick to the subject and would like to see you guys working together so you can find an agreement instead of hating each other.

5. killerkong

killerkong Active Member

<<<<Don't Mind this guy :p:p
    just posting what im thinking if the server grow :)
    "The community here is small(true) and some players are already arguing in PKing (lol :p:D:D) hmmm...what will happened if the community GROW.... lots of players (new member) will afk and sure their are player love to PKing who will be joining IN...thinking now maybe the forum will be full of PK reports XD "

not good in english MY BAD

6. sarkazmas

sarkazmas Senior Member

Well it's a problem that can not be actually balanced, even in non-pvp server the problem would still exist, luring strong mobs for example. But mostly the problem would actually be sorted out, not asking to make it though. But that fee for pk clear definitely solves the abusing of it!
    Well troll is not an insult, but what that guy was doing, was totally intentional and insulting, it actually made me laugh when he said he was defending himself of PK from us which was just an excuse to hide behind the truth. I thank-you for solving this out and we could never have done this without you, not that we didn't want but because of that guy. There were a lot of PK afk wars between 2 guilds but both needed to exercise so we sorted it out friendly in the end of the day - everyone satisfied, had some pk war and ended it peacefully, and the next day I was even hosting a party with one of the guys from so called 'enemy' guild. But that guy he just didn't care about anything. There is a line between being an animal and human.
    Well that hybrid kind of server is more friendly for PK, me personally don't like the way it's handled in MU, I would prefer Lineage 2 way, but then again there is no such thing as Lineage 2 Helper to support afk either so it can not really be compared :) The mu helper saved LOW RATE servers from becoming an ancient legend, but rewarded afk players which is really not good if you think about it, but it's really good on the other hand.
    If community grows I'm sure there would be some adjustments to PK rules or either server choice of pvp and non pvp or Admins would just have to deal with it all like he had today. And Special thanks to @Gix.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    Offspring likes this.
  7. Gix

The /pkclear gradual increase fee is inevitable anyway as we are using the same concept as we did on x100 server and I even thinked on adding it last week but since there were no problems I didn't applied the update. Now obviously we have no intention in forbiding pk/pvp but there are two ways of doing it in a non-reset server: either no /pkclear command at all like we used to have back in the years or a balanced /pkclear command and this way people will still be able to pk as they want but at the same time it allows us to prevent it from being abused up to the point people don't enjoy the game anymore.

The idea is to find a middle way, I understand your point of view but I also understand @Ancalag0n's point of view even if it might seem a bit exagerated, we don't want to ruin the fun for any of you. Clearly some players have more time than the others to be online and pay attention to what is going on inside of the game, but I'm sure he would have done the same if the scenario was reversed.

Unigoat, Offspring and sarkazmas like this.
  8. sarkazmas

sarkazmas Senior Member

Off Topic:
    Seems like it was the most active discussion in some time! Thumbs up to that! :D:D