Heaven or hell -- EDIT: Thread Updated by SephiroTH 09 Jun 2:00 AM

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Saxnot, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kratos

Kratos Member

sorry for double post...but maybe only allow 1 stat reset after maxing out skill tree or 400...so someone would have to spend quite a bit of time working on the char to make it to that point...and so they would need to know exactly what they want for the build otherwise they would need to do it again and spend that same amount of time again...

@sephi...like GR back in s3...something similar where admin would have to change...and maybe make it only 1 stat reset for an ip address so one person couldn't make pro cc char and a pro hunter and pro CSer...they would only be able to do 1

2. Karabitaz

Karabitaz Member

how you can call server populated when only zombies(afkers) are online?? and it's not going to look anymore populated , all the players gonna do is take their second account to some spot and afk forever. thats the reason i don't play servers with such a low xp. xp rather be 10+x but afk leveling banned.

I don't understand.you are talking about servers with resets, but this one doesn't have any. do you really think mu is about leveling? with such a low xp you will have only afkers playing, and that is just as bad as no one. all the players want the most is Castle Siege , active community and other events. not leveling. just to make server look more populated and more active you can increase xp 10+ and ban afk leveling , that way players who will not be afk leveling will go to lor/noria and start forming a market while they are afk , others will play active. Now really think yourself whats better 3x xp and players afk leveling 90%+ of their time. or 10-20x rates but players leveling up themself , really putting effort into character isntead of using bots?

3. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

so you don't like 3x exp because ppl afk too much but they are not afking on 10x? You must be dreaming because ppl are afking even on 9999x. Best part in MU for most players is the AFK thing.

Also banning for AFK would be totally stupid. We do have an anti-afk system but ppl won't agree to this even on a 50x server, not to mention a 10x as you say.

It seems you just don't get it. There won't be any difference between 3x and 10x when it comes to afk. If the server has 10-20x exp this won't mean ppl won't afk anymore. Another thing you are trying to say is that ppl will put effort into character on a 10xserver instead of using bots. Sorry to dissapoint you but you are wrong: ppl are using bots even on 9999x servers as well as i've told you about afk-ing.

It's all about the player mentality here. Some love afk because they are at work and etc and few of them. You are someone who doesn't even play here and you're trying to change server exp by 5x normal exp or even more.

What's goes over 10-15x exp should be a reset server. No-resets should be for all servers up to 5x just because on a 15x server you will get to 400 in 5-6 months max, same like a 200x server with stats resets as it's diablomu.

Anyway, have some good news. Just spoke with our parteners from RMSTeam and they have the new build ready. Ofc files are public on RZ but they are outdated so private builds goes only for some of their customers and for us just because of the respect that exists between eachother.

I've also fixed the party zen thing, now i'll need your opinion asap.

We should keep the zen drop rate values as for 3x rates? Meaning ...

For example, in elbeland2 i get about 600 zen on lvl 40 (this is the minimum level i can enter in elb2) from WareWolfs mobs without any +zen items. So no set or normal set, lvl 40, bk, elbeland2, 600 zen from Warewolfs

Should we stick on normal zen rate for this or should we increase it? Zen should be more valuable btw

Also party zen will be normal, no more increased value

Waiting for opinions

4. Karabitaz

Karabitaz Member

why do you think little higher rates are supposed to be with resets?...
    mu is not supposed to have resets at all. and leveling is zero fun compared to the end game. when you reach maximum level it doesn't mean that the game ends. only fun begins.

5. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

sorry karabitaz for once i agree with sephiroth , exp should go more than 5-6 , no way , max to 8 x with seals , but we gotta keep our reputation as the lowest living exp server . i agree with the marriage thing , and great thing that loot is allowed , now the server has no problem, except some time is needed to implement the server update . it will get better.

6. Gix

Karabitaz i totally agree with you here. MU is created for no-resets but it's also created for 1x

But i have to disagree with you on the lvling part. Lvling is fun because everyone likes competition an reaching max lvl gives you a better chance to experience more things but this doesn't mean you need to reach max lvl as fast as possible (no resets ofc) just for that ...

The most part i loved in MU was to be a newbie.

Also playin and not afking is again something i agree with you but thats how mu was created and you can't turn against 99% players who will afk when they are at work or doing something else. Don't compare MU to WoW or L2 and especially to WoW where you need to be online to actually do something.

Back to our discussion

Update goes live later today

7. Gix

Another thing that will need your opinion.

Happy hour event is fixed as promixed.

The event works like this.

Is not a global event. It's an event available on certain map. For example we can add happy hour event in lorencia only

Also happy hour event may have settings in terms of EXP, ZEN drop rate, TIME of event for each separate map.

I'll need your ideas here ... how often should the event be, which maps? start hours for each map, exp bonus, zen bonus and how much should it last for each map ?

So opinions needed for this post and previous one

8. Avalon

Avalon Member

I prefer normal zen rate :p
    And about that stat reset... It will ruin it! You can make fruits to lower or increase your stats. If you make a mistake, then you got to work to fix it. Or you could buy those lowering stats thing from the coin store. making Ebk and Asm is a part of the game, don't ruin it with making it too easy!

9. Avalon

Avalon Member

Make happy hour in Devias and in a medium map like Tarkan or Aida, lasting 1 hour. Twice the xp and zen and a jwl drop rate of +50% of its original. Starting hours is kinda hard to set. But I suggest about 18:00 GMT+0

10. Kratos

Kratos Member

happy hour...should be in devias and in lost tower...if its in aida or tarkan...exp boost would be too much...if its in lt and devias newbies can get help from it and in lt it wouldn't be overpowering...even in LT7 (it would be just enough to let some higher levels be able to go there and get some exp

and zen at normal rate

11. Karabitaz

Karabitaz Member

im ok with 5-6x rates as long is server is going to live and be active , just please don't implement marriage thing , it will totally ruin gaming for players like me...just give same xp for everyone 5-6x and everyone will be happy.

12. Gix

nice thoughts here and amen to Avalon opinion about stats reset module ^^ you are the only one that thinked to what i've thinked

devias and losttowers sounds pretty good for happy hour comparing to devias and tarkan/aida

Also should the events be on different hours? And again what should be the exp bonus for happy hour (kratos you missed to give a thought about that)

Karabitaz , there are ppl that stay only 24/24 so you can marry those elfs anytime. Right? Not all ppl afford to connect two accounts so you are not the only one

13. Aaape

Aaape Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I disagree with the marriage exp boost. Why not to make the exp 5-6x permanent instead of having 2x bonus when married?

Dunno about zen rates. Hard to compare with GMO's default lower zen rate because GMO has had several zen glitches and bless dupes which have affected the zen flow heavily. Perhaps increase the zen rate to 2x or 3x from GMO's zen drop amounts. If I reckon GMO's drop rate is amount of exp +7 zen.
    Aka you get 1000 exp from mob and it drops 1007 zen. Or was it other way around, lol, too hard to remember nowadays.

If I understood correctly you're allowing spacebar looting now? If so, then please allow one bot which consist of EE buff, like chaos bot or snd bot.

EDIT: Regarding HH event maps

Atlans would also be a rather good place for HH.

14. Karabitaz

Karabitaz Member

og c'mon why do you want to have something much more complicated when you can have just higher xp for everyone.
    and there is not going to be enough elfs for everyone to marry to anyway. just make it simple.

btw, i also totally agree that there shouldn't be any stats reset. it take guts to level up ene bk/agi sm and so.

and what about renas? i heard they drop only b/jol ? why not add soul?

15. Kratos

Kratos Member

atlans wouldn't be a bad idea either...as for hours of happy hour...have them be random if possible ... which would force people to be on and active if they want to join...or forces them to afk in those maps...which may or may not be good exp for them...and as for exp bonus...just up the normal exp by 1x...because that and marriage bonus (if implemented) would give big exp even on those maps if any higher

@aaape...the zen was like what you said for gmo...you get 1000exp and zen was 1007

16. Gix

hh will be on the same time everytime, can't be random

So we should stick to devias as default ... what about the other map? or other maps ?

Karabitaz, implementing the sistem we talked about isn't complicated since it's already developed and ready to be used. Even if this increases dualbox it will increase elfs number (and why not summoner as well) also dualboxers will still give a boost when someone joins the server and see more ppl

Ok...continue with opinions about the last things we were talking about here.

Also i would say 1k for /post should be just fine or we should update it to 10k?

17. Karabitaz

Karabitaz Member

i mean it's complicated for players. i don't want to be forced to play with someone else. and who will want to play with me when i will on 1-2 hours a day maybe 3-4 if i leave char for afk...
    and why do you want to force people to play with elfs/summoners? believe me you will not atract any more people to the server this way.
    and how about souls from renas? and when will server be updated?

btw, i dont want to make any other topic so i'll ask here. when i open launcher it doesn't uptade automatically so i downloaded patch myself, after applying i still cant connect. on the left side of launcher it says connecting to update server , and Connect button never appears.

18. Gix

no one forces you to do that but if you wanna get advantage of a little exp boost it's your choice. Most ppl agreed to this and it's an unique feature.

souls shouldn't drop from rena since bless is the jewel you need more and i've already told when the update gonna go live. Later today and by tomorrow morning max. you should be able to enjoy it

About the launcher make a new thread and use search button before. This is a suggestion thread not help section

19. Gix

k guys. opinion about marry

Which level should be available from?

Should it have 2 witnesses or just you and the other char?

Should it be free or as it was until now ? (2 items - jewels)

What level requirement should you have for marry trace?

How much zen should marry cost you ? (we can add even blizzpoints as requirement but we should stick to zen and probably items as it was till now)

and b). should anything be changed in matter of boxes, drops from BlizzardMu PointShop that needs BlizzPoints

20. Karabitaz

Karabitaz Member

maybe you should add poll if there should be marry function or just higher xp? many players agree that there should be just higher xp.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.