Heaven or hell -- EDIT: Thread Updated by SephiroTH 09 Jun 2:00 AM

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Saxnot, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saxnot

Saxnot Member

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess it's no secret that many of us are considering our options. No one likes to play alone (in this case FATE vs no one). The server needs to modify it's settings to live on. Blizzardmu have been up for 4 months (launch 14th feb), and have now approx 10, max 15 (doubt it's even close) active players. I'd say there were 8 playing, but can't be sure. Why would people join now? It's a 3x XP server, people who plays servers like this one are very competitive, which means they want to be in top, and or fight for the castle.

We haven't had a castle siege for 2 months now, no even bothers to register. The only ones in Sunshine playing are Mounch and Destiny, even Kramer is gone. Not to speak of I haven't even seen our precious GM Mith for a long time.

We have been promised a update for about 2-3 months, when exactly is it coming, if ever?
    We've got a few new features a good while ago;
    - Marriage
    - Happy hour
    - Moss

Guess what, none working. Happy hour, no we don't get any extra xp, even though it's only in Lost tower. AKA bugged.
    Marriage, you can marry, but none of the benefits working.
    Moss, never appears (ended up with disabling him, what a laugh..).

We got serious bugs that needs time to be looked into, and not just pushed away. We're losing points we gain for staying online, so we can never spend them. If we're in LoT gaining points, we lose them when disconnecting, or warping, means we can never spend them. Exc items, wings and items not ever considered dropable drops, this makes no one to pvp, because they don't dare to, risking losing their items. But, since the files says it can't drop, guess it can't. Right? Same goes for moss, "It sometimes dont spawn, it shouldn't do it, but for some reason it does." Ever heard that sentence before?

So, in my eyes, to keep the life in this server you only got one option, no one likes it, but it has to be done.

Fix the bugs, slightly increase xp and wipe.

I know you're a proud man Sephiroth, and would see this is a Defeat. But be a good leader now, gather your troops and get back in there ;)

2. Kratos

Kratos Member

The thing is though...even if there were to be a wipe...that doesn't mean more people will be playing...we have few in Sunshine ally who are online and kramer won't be playing soon for at least a year and crus up and left for the mid exp here cause it was too boring here...

we have advertised, some continue to do it but something else needs to be done...

we need a wipe, no CS for awhile until the server is actually populated forcing everyone to party up on the normal server...and we need to continue to advertise...

oh and fix the bugs we have been pointing out to you and other opinions we have:

1: Moss event
    2: Marriage benefits
    3: Defense rate on gloves/boots not working
    4: Happy hour has 2 times it shows up...once for LT which doesn't give any extra exp and then in lorencia where it opens and closes within a minute
    5: Have an active GM or yourself to watch over the server or the logs to prevent autolooting/bug exploitation/etc.
    6: Wipe the server and start new without CS in first couple months so it isn't like we have a VIP server for the Castle holders...which means if people join the server then they'll actually stay here because it will show that people are actually playing the game and not just afking

Hopefully some of this will be taken into consideration and not just thrown out because i am pretty sure if that happens...you'll have very few players sticking around here

calvi1n973, Terrafrit and Saxnot like this.
  3. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

Honestly, I agree. The server needs a wipe and a re-launch. If you want to hide it, then you will have to change the name too.

And the "slight exp rise" your talking about, it will have to be 20-30x exp.

Why? Because it's in the middle of high exp and low exp, which both sides of the party will consider playing because it's right in the middle.

calvi1n973 likes this.
  4. Saxnot

Saxnot Member

Please note, in our eyes high xp is 60x => There's no such thing as mid-rate.

calvi1n973 likes this.
  5. Kratos

Kratos Member

20-30 exp would be perfect...able to get 400 in a relatively short amount of time and then actually be able to have good CS battles and hunting etc.

but really in my opinion something needs to be done whether a re-launch or something else that you can come up with sephi...otherwise within a couple weeks myself and i am pretty sure FATE will be finding / found another server and probably won't be back here

6. Zeo

Zeo Member

just fix the bugs and keep everything else NP

7. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

happy hour, moss, mariage are not critical bugs at all. Most servers don't even have that

The Points thing that you gain on 2nd server r it's kinda problematic yea but even so 2nd server is used for LoT mostly so the server 1 remains the main one

About the update i've just told you it needed to be rebuilded from scratch because it had some bugs so it was a stupid idea to release it but it's finished for about 2 days and gonna be applied this week due to some of my personal problems that are priority comparing to other times when i've let them aside and worked for the server instead

The only problem is there are so many high exp servers out server so nowdays MU is kinda a dead game. A server with 20x and relaunch it's the same thing, nothing will be changed .. probably only if i'm gonna make it for one nation only such as only for romanian ppl or so

I've said so many times, ppl are scared to join low exp and most of them are lazy of doing it while they preffer medium and high exp servers

Also a 20x server will require spots and having spots that short time will turn into totally fast time of lvling and if we want to keep the no-reset system it will gonna suck since everyone will get there in 1 month or so

-------------------------------------------
    let me finish my personal life problems and at the end of the week the update i've talked about some time ago gonna be applied since it's finally finished and it's most critical problem was fixed.
    I'll still be active ofc during this week but not so much.
    Also i'm gonna present you some of the benefits of the update and we'll decide together some bonuses rates

Zeo likes this.
  8. Avalon

Avalon Member

20xp does not mean spots. You told us that you used to have Las3r and Duke in your coder crew. Ask them how they ran Frienz Evo. That was a really good server. Lot of people played on it, and it was balanced. It included resets, but 300 points per reset and max 15resets.
    Spots were the same as here- Default. Drops were about twice as high. The mistake they did was exc 380 items that unbalances the game, and ancients +L in cashstore. Make 1 BoK drop from dragon, and make the goldens spawn more frequently so that more people are able to hunt. Fix WW which actually is a crucial bugg! 6b less on server each day because WW doesnt work. Before a relaunch. Let us all test it. Announce it, and advertise 3-4 months in advance to attract players. Increase xp to 20 (Which was the same on frienz) And lower xp seals to 25% and 50% more, not 50% and 100% more. The drop seals can stay the same, if they actually work! I haven't noticed any difference.
    And to be honest. Blocking spinners, looters, AB's,AP's and other bots made lot of people who started here leave. EE without AB is useless for AFK, AE,DL and STRMG sucks without spinner, Looters make those who only play in active in weekends or a few hours a day suffer. AP's will make it easier for guilds to party. Since the PM does not have to be online all the time.
    Fix the rest of the bugs on the list. You are saying that other servers does not have these features, well, they did not advertise with it from the start! And still several of those aint working after 4 months.
    At last I would like to say, I HATE that we need a wipe! Just completed my anubis set after 3 months of hunting! But I have to admit that it is needed :( We can't go on like this. Without people= no server. And without people, this server will cause mayor costs for you, because there are so few that donate. and you have to cover it all. So I suggest you lisen to us, the players a little. We want the best for the server we play. And we want it to run properly, without heavy buggs, and for lots of fun. I know you want to run a server in your own way and doing a wipe will not be the most professional thing to do. But to be honest. unfortunally, this server failed on it's first launch. Lets do it again. Lets do it better :)

Kratos, Aaape and Saxnot like this.
  9. Aaape

Aaape Well-Known Member

Avalon has got some really great points there!

Autopick is still something neutral, it's kinda whatever to me if it is enabled or not. But while it's forbidden, only minority of people will gain the advantage, compared to a scenario of having autopick fully enabled. That's something I don't like, because autopickers will get rarely banned and will gain pretty big advantage over people who do not use autopickers. So it's either making AP forbidden, giving advantage to 20-30% of the players perhaps, or making it available for everyone and giving the advantage to every player.

Spinners I don't see as a bad thing, leveling characters like dl, smg and elf without them is just simply pain in the ass..

Exp could be easily raised to 10-20x and reduce the exp boost from seals. It would make the game more equal in leveling wise and simply attract way more players.

The server has been up for what? 2-3 months and the online count has stayed pretty much the same. Now what does this tell? Well I see it that only the old players play, no new characters bother to start playing since there are simply no other low level characters and the beginning is really a pain in the ass in BlizzardMU.

Hmmh, I don't even remember what my point was.. Lol.

Anyways, with little modifications this server could attract so so so so damn much more players online :biggrin:

Kratos likes this.
  10. Saxnot

Saxnot Member

Tom here pretty much said what I wanted to say, but there are a few other changes we can make to get the numbers up, and maybe more competitive.

We can disable alliances for a limited time. We need more competition on this server, atm there are maybe 8 active players in FATE and 2-4 in sunshine. No point in having alliances then, better disabling them. When disable it will look like more people are active, and people may get the motivation to keep playing. This is just a illusion, but it may benefit.

Most likely not all people will join the main guild of the alliance, ergo, more guilds will be around. Competition. Of course, this can swing both ways.

You're saying that server 2 is mainly used for LoT, this is correct. But it's still important that the point system works here aswell. Me and Tom (Avalon) have been in LoT for pretty much 1 week straight, and we're losing alot, alot of points. Keep in mind that the majority of this server are in FATE, and we're mainly training in LoT. But I'm sure you know this.

Marriage. Remove it. We're not playing sims anyway, make the benefits from marriage a permanent boost, for everyone.

I still think we need a wipe here. I don't want it, not at all, but I don't want to play alone either. It needs to be done, good advertising 1 week before launch after a GOOD beta test (simply implent the update, let us test it, that will be the beta.)Increase the xp to atleast 15x, preferably 20x, without any kinds of spots. Keep the spot settings as they are, the way it's supposed to be. Drop rate abit higher, and you got settings that will attract alot, alot of people.

Phobosmu had about 35x xp I think, not sure about the droprate, they had 200-250+ online, until the admin ****ed up, not really sure what happened. The xp there was abit too high, and they had spots which made it easy. So 20x XP without spots will be super. Just like the good old days on Frienz mu.

Hope you'll take this into serious consideration. It's for the greater good.

PS! 90% of the average mu players won't join a server which do not allow autobuff/autoloot.

Kratos likes this.
  11. Zeo

Zeo Member

just give the server some time ppl will come eventually and that's a fact
    also keeping the policy of actually NEVER EVER wiping will attract more players
    personally i would leave a server if i found out that they had ever wiped
    as they are alot easier to wipe again

12. Aaape

Aaape Well-Known Member

Well Zeo, it has been months now and I've seen only a couple of new faces.

13. Avalon

Avalon Member

Okey, then don't do a wipe, adjust the settings. The only ones who loose on getting higher rates is us "old" players compared to the new players that can reach our level in an extremely shorter time. And I don't think any of us "old" players mind. We just want this server to gain more people. Because I do not think you will keep this going with such a few player count ^^

14. Avalon

Avalon Member

And yes we need someone to compete with. On top 5 in the rakings I got 3 players, number 1,3 and 5. I know how we have struggled to get this high. But I believe higher rates may bring life into this server

15. Kratos

Kratos Member

we've advertised the server...i try and help any new players i see in server to keep them here but with the bugs that there are...the amount of people who are afk almost 24/7 like yourself zeo we can't do anything more so things need to be changed whether it be a re-launch or doing the updates and redoing advertising...something does need to be done!!!

16. calvi1n973

calvi1n973 Member

I agree with everything said in this thread.

Thanks for posting it

17. GiffenGood

GiffenGood Member

Hi I just joined. So I would like to know if there will be a wipe or not :). and also I will just say now that I wont play if exp is any higher than 8x.

18. Avalon

Avalon Member

Most likely there won't be a wipe though. Why do you set 8x as a max btw? After 4 months my EE is about 1/3rd to 400 (measured in xp, and its the highest ranked player here.
    And I don't even know how much xp required for 150ML which is about what you need to max out skill three. I have constantly played with 6xp because of the seal. I am glad that we got another hardcore player here. But honestly, we need more people. I really dont need higher xp. But I know several people wants it to play on a server. Lvling aint the funniest part in mu. But it should not be done in a rush either. Got any ideas on how to raise the server into glory then? ^^

19. Xurbus

Xurbus Supporter

There wont be a wipe, but atleast don't adversite bugless season 4 files.
    These are not JPN 1.03k original files

20. Trippy

Trippy Member

agree with what has been said.

And if wipe is needed to get players go for it.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.