Dungeon Race Event

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kamui, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamui

Kamui Active Member

Dungeon Race Event ... the event that I was reported for, the most attractive in terms of reward and the most unfair event of all times.

DLs and Fenrir owners competing against 1 or 2 players that if doesn't have a fenrir or isn't a DL will certainly lose.

The only way to compete against them was the PVP, since it is disabled now, let me give some suggestions:

1# No PET or Wings allowed; (Since it is a race, nothing more logical than run on foots.)
    2# Add more Ice monsters and Cursed Liches; (Right now it feels like a walk on the garden, no obstacles at all but at the final of the route.)
    3# Increase the time limit or remove it; (Since people will be getting slowed way more.)
    4# Add 2nd and 3rd place rewards. (It feels completely demotivating and pointless to spend 10 minutes running for nothing (Specially when I see Fenrirs and Horses))

Those are the things I have in mind at the time and I really feel like that event needs some attention. This event is fun, interesting and holds great reward, so I don't see any reason to people don't participate.

2. Sm0uker

Sm0uker Active Member

im agree but as ezekiel said before it wont be changed! so pointless to discus i think(

3. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

As it has already been mentioned, the game won't allow blocking wings/pets so your best choice is to mix a fenrir like everyone else if you're not a dl that rides a horse and play the event as is. Everyone can ride a fenrir so chances are equal. Even if this is a custom event that only a few servers may have, certain mechanics are limited by the game itself and cannot be changed. There can also be only one winner.

Vigant likes this.
  4. Kamui

Kamui Active Member

I see. Alright then.

5. Vigant

Vigant Senior Member

While I don't like the idea of the same players winning over and over again and potentially amassing not only a small fortune but a number of Fenrirs, I have to admit that it was actually fun trying to reach victory myself. First I realized there was no "window" when no fenrir or horse rider wasn't present for the event. So I had to make a DL and make him a horse. Then I realized my DL dies to golden knights with 1 hit. So I had to scour the dungeons for them with my BK before racing with my DL. Then I realized that these regular racers were actually damn good at racing. It is absolutely wrong to say that they win just because of having the best mounts. Sometimes all my effort went to nothing because I had cleaned 1 server but then decided to avoid a good racer by going to the other server where competition would apparently be easier only to be killed by a knight again... Oh and sometimes I would wake up early to make it to both races each day. I won once when I had cleaned the dungeon and succeeded in besting my rivals. I was also incredibly lucky to get a Broken horn the first time I won! But then I failed the 30% CM combination. :D Lately I've stopped going... Hopefully will attempt again... because I need to get that fenrir with my DL so I can switch to racing with my BK and not be bothered with cleaning 1 or both servers from goldens each time... So that's my story ^^

Gix, Sasuke, Ezekiel and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kamui

Kamui Active Member

I have decided that I won't comment about this event anymore. Ezekiel already spoke him mind.

In my opinion this event isn't for everyone, just for the players that did some work to get where they are and to keep raising. New players and weak characters doesn't stand a chance since they don't have jewels or ecoins to buy a brand new fenrir nor they have a character well-geared and trained to farm Crywolf.

If this is the point of the event then I understand. Although, this is such an amazing and fun event. It should be more "welcoming" to the larger crowd.

I am okay with whatever. Let's play the game by its rules.

7. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Not just this event, most of the original game events are prioritizing higher level players/rr players which is why first comes the character leveling, followed by hunting for items and rewards, it's not different than other mmorpg games. For example, if you compare a 0rr player with a 30rr one while killing kundun boss, it's obvious the later one will get the first chance. This event is for those who are able to buy/mix a fenrir, use a horse, ride an uniria or a dinorant as there is no way the game would allow restricting these but once you get there it's definetly fun to participate.

Gix, Kamui and Vigant like this.
  8. Kamui

Kamui Active Member

It makes perfect sense now.

Gix likes this.
  • Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.