Couple of issues

Discussion in 'Archive' started by LeoSPQR, Oct 2, 2013.

1. LeoSPQR

LeoSPQR Member

So i decided to give blizzard mu another try, last time i gave up because of issues i'm still having. I really like this server because it's the hardest one i know, imo servers are way too easy nowadays.

Anyways here are my issues:

-Every 20-30seconds my games freezes for 2-3 seconds. I had this with my old(strong) computer & now i have it with my brand new top notch computer again. This is somthing i only experience on this server and i have played over 40 server in the last 8years.

-Client auto close, so often when i'm afk the client just closes & i don't have any error message.

-Lag spikes, this one is kinda weird too because i have good internet. But honestly i can leave with this one, the 2 above are my main concern.

That's it thx :)

2. LeoSPQR

LeoSPQR Member

live support?

3. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

The problem is that you are afraid to use that search button.

We have no idea of your computer specs, we have no idea what you are running on that computer and we have no idea if it has an antivirus, if it's infected or if your registry files are messed up.

Personally I would recommend you a clean OS reinstall. If your client closes with no warning there could be a bad video driver or a rootkit. As for the freeze thing, this has nothing to do with the fact that you played over 40 servers in the last 8 years since you probably had a different OS, maybe it was not infected and the list goes on.

Read the FIX Crash guide on the website and if nothing works, I strongly recommend a fresh OS reinstall. Make sure you install just your drivers and our client afterwards and this way we can be 100% sure that other programs or issues caused this.

4. LeoSPQR

LeoSPQR Member

Not really, as i stated i have the same issues on 2 computers. 1 is a XP 64bit(old one) & the other a brandnew w8 64bit so no virusses/malwares whatsoever. The xp one i have for almost 7 years, so yes almost every mu i ever played was on that computer. My antivrus was AVG now its Avast didn't make a difference.

5. Gix

Windows8 sucks by default. IT still has a lot of incompatibilities with old games and MU is an old game.

I totally recommend you to switch back to W7, especially since you're saying it's a fresh install, you have nothing to loose if you try my way.

6. LeoSPQR

LeoSPQR Member

I do agree that w8 isn't great, but i had exactly the same problems on xp so i'm not sure if its the windows.

But like you said i don't have much to loose, ill think about it, thx:)

7. Gavileitor

Gavileitor Member

When i install w8 some months ago i got lot of troubles playing bmu , the solution rollback to w7.

Gix likes this.
  8. Gix

Let me know how it turns on as it would be a shame not to have you as a player because of these issues.