Solved Guardian Statues for Castle?

Discussion in 'x10' started by Johnny.Appleseed, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Johnny.Appleseed

Johnny.Appleseed Member

I cannot purchase or upgrade the guardian statues...is this a bug or just the way the system is set up?

Thanks for any info :)

2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Mind posting a screenshot of it? Do you get any error? Are you the siege owner too?

3. Johnny.Appleseed

Johnny.Appleseed Member

So in the first screen i try to click on the Buy button and nothing shows up... and the second screenshot i was messing around clicking the screen to see if it was somehow not mapped correctly and was able to find where the "Buy" button is located...but still unable to purchase and get the "NPC does not exist" message...and i had the zen/guardian jewels to purchase it (edit) and yes i am the castle lord at the moment

Screen(06_22-16_35)-0001.jpg Screen(06_22-16_36)-0002.jpg

4. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Are you in an alliance? It might be also because there are no opponents, thus status have no use in that case.

5. Johnny.Appleseed

Johnny.Appleseed Member

Yes i have an alliance. It hasn't mattered in the other servers i have played over the years if there was an opponent or not, you could still purchase/repair the statues in preparation of having an opponent.

6. Gix

Indeed it should not matter, I mentioned that in case it glitched on that state of the siege since well the game servers have not been restarted for a long time now.
    I've reloaded siege settings since there were some people online on the siege server, can you check again and let me know? Otherwise a restart may be required but as far as I see there are no attacking guilds anyway. Chances are they're just glitched probably due to the long uptime without a restart as they always worked fine during past sieges.

7. Johnny.Appleseed

Johnny.Appleseed Member

Nope it still is showing what i posted in the screens.

8. Gix

As far as I see no one is registering for CS so it doesn't affect anything as of now, we'll restart the Siege server if we'll need to but currently there are active players on it and no siege is taking place.

9. Offspring

Offspring Active Member

Will register for next siege when I figure out my logins :D

10. Johnny.Appleseed

Johnny.Appleseed Member

I get that there are only a few players on the server, but if one of them reports a bug or something isn't working, you would think the admin would try a little harder to get it fixed.

I get that it is summer and everyone is super busy but I was hoping for more than "it has no use right now...so we aren't going to fix it." The point of having all items working for CS/the server is so it can be ready a fun and enjoyable server and for CS...it allows for preparation and not just a quick rush when someone signs up for CS...

Well have fun @Offspring , I won't be defending, the right doors (if you are standing in front of castle) of each level will be open for you to waltz right in and take the throne.

Good Luck to whomever is still playing.

Johnny

11. Offspring

Offspring Active Member

You could make it a bit more fun with waiting before throne. Don't worry about the doors, no one was defending at all when you got it.

12. Gix

@Johnny.Appleseed, this version isn't even being developed anymore for several years now and this is not a critical bug at all as the statue upgrade won't even make a difference during a siege really, it never did not even on gmo. The only worthy purchase are the siege gates and that's pretty much it. I'm not sure how a statue upgrade would make the siege enjoyable when there is no siege at all so I don't know why you consider this to be such a big inconvenience and it may not even be a bug actually but the point is that there has not been a siege for a long time, there was no defender when you got it either.
    It's been a while since I handled this project but if upgrading some statue is that important to you then I'll have a look at it during this week and see exactly what's wrong. Thank you for sticking around.

13. Johnny.Appleseed

Johnny.Appleseed Member

It really isn't the point of if they make a difference for siege or not, it was the point of me reporting something and you kind of just blowing it off as not a problem since no siege etc...my point was i was reporting something that should be working...and it wasn't hoping for a review of the server files and possibly a fix (if possible). I am by no means trying to be mean or belittle anything you are doing on this long-term server, I am just trying to get something working, that should be working already.

14. Gix

Believe it or not, things don't always work as they should and that's the reason why games have bugs and I mean all of them. In this particular case I only mentioned it was by no means a critical bug or so that required an emergency server restart when there was no one that registered for siege in months and where a statue upgrade will make no difference at all, besides there were several people connected on the siege server as well at that time. Luckily this is one of the cleanest versions with literally no important bugs that would affect gameplay but it cannot be 100% bug free, such game doesn't exist.
    Anyhow, I tested this on a PTR server and everything went smooth and it's working properly so I'll need to login into your account and see exactly why you can't do it, therefore check your PM and let me know when your main character is offline as currently you're leveling in vulcanus with your other characters.

- - - EDIT - - -

Fixed. It seems the NPC statues were not being generated inside of the database anymore, being the reason why you were getting the message that NPC does not exist. Most likely this was glitched due to no data being generated before and after the siege event for a long time, no registrations, no damage being made on any of NPCs and large periods of uptime with no regular server reboots which somehow caused the event to remain stuck into a permanent (after) truce state period. I had to generate new statues and that quickly solved the problem. Thanks for reporting and for your patience.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Ezekiel likes this.
  15. Johnny.Appleseed

Johnny.Appleseed Member

Thanks for the fix! It does work now :)

Ezekiel likes this.