Website problems while Happy Hour Event

Discussion in 'Archive' started by PRESENTER, Jul 10, 2013.

1. PRESENTER

PRESENTER Member

Hello folks.

I have noticed that the website is sometimes not working properly while the Happy Hour Event is running. Sometimes it is not working at all, and sometimes (like today) its loading really slowly. (saw people complaining in the /post the past 2 weeks)

The reset window popped up after 3 minutes of waiting. Lucky this time, most of the time my browser tells me the Website is unreachable after a few minutes of trying.
    At other Events, e.g. Summer event I didnt noticed any issues, so it has to be related to the HH Event.

Just wanted to let you know, hope you can fix it asap.

Thanks

2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Is this only during Happy Hour? It shouldn't be related at all since the event has nothing to do with the website and we are having them hosted separately.
    I will look into it today and try something so report back if you noticed any slow loading moment during today's happy hour event.

3. PRESENTER

PRESENTER Member

Hmm, seems to be that the Happy Hour Event has nothing to do with it.
    2x Website speed issues today, no event was running. The issues are up to 5-10 minutes, after that the website is running flawless again.

You could check the Webserver Logs/Statistics, maybe something is ****ed up. I had almost the same problems with Apache back in the days when i had my Server running, my host told me that my traffic was too low. (dont think you have traffic problems nowadays) :p

4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

It could be on your side also or someone is trying to ddos the website and it's load a bit slower though this is not the reason since just checked the monitoring websites and everything is fine. However a 5-10 min slow loading moments in a day can't really harm anyone.

5. PRESENTER

PRESENTER Member

Mhh, never noticed any problems with my internetconnection.
    Happy Hour Event just started, again not working.

HostTracker [Website Uptime Monitoring Service] [Result during the HH Event]

As you said, nobody will die from 5-10 Minutes downtime. Just wanted to tell you guys.

6. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

host-tracker doesn't always gives accurate information especially when we are under cloudfare's ddos protection.
    Try doing a tracert next time you notice it.