We all start off somewhere, right? - Game Master Apprenticeship Application.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by tdor, May 5, 2013.

1. tdor

tdor Member

*Name: My name is Italo. It's quite an odd name, considering I'm Brazilian. Well, I guess it could be considered odd in general. o-o

*Age: I am eighteen years old. (Recently turned 18! May 1st of this year.)

*Country: I currently reside in the United States. I moved here from Brazil several years ago.

*GMT: -4

*Ingame Name: I will be on Sasuke for most of my time as a regular player.

*Mu Experience: This has a bit of background story... I first started playing Mu (global) when I was around nine or ten years old. (Not quite sure.. It's been SOOO long.) I'm also not quite sure what version it was, so pardon my vagueness in that area. After a few months of playing on global, I quit. Then I came back during season 3 and have been playing Mu (on different private servers and at times global) ever since!

*Mu GM Experience: To be completely honest: I have none. Like my thread title states, "We all start off somewhere, right?"

*Reasons you feel that would qualify you as a good Game Master Apprentice:
    I will be seperating a few sections of my answer to facilitate the reading process of this application.

*My work ethic:​
    First, I'd like to clarify something very important. I am not the kind of person who attempts to exaggerate their skill sets. I'll be very straight forward with you. What I lack in experience as a GM, I make up in double with my effort and hard work. I am a very fast learner. Little side fact about me: I was born in Brazil, but moved to the US when I was around 10 years old. When I got here, I couldn't speak a word of English. I went to school that same year- I knew no one, and couldn't even communicate with them. One year after the tedious move from Brazil to the US, I was the person with the 2nd highest GPA (grade point average) in my class. If I put my mind to doing something, I can usually do it very efficiently. I am very willing to learn, so please take that into consideration.

*Bilingual:​

Having moved from a country that speaks Portuguese, I can understand the language fairly well. Although I must admit, I do not write in Portuguese as well as I do in English. I can also read/write quite a bit of Spanish. I'm currently taking a college level Spanish course which is helping me improve my language skills.

*Criticism, communication, events / forum assistance:​
    Over the years, I've learned that everyone needs to be humbled by criticism. The character of a man, or a woman, can be very clearly seen through the way they react to being criticized. I try my best to respond to criticism by listening, running a "scan" of myself to detect what could be changed for the better, and applying what I've learned. I cannot promise I will always respond correctly, but no one will always say or do the right thing. I will assuredly learn from my mistakes, though. Next, communication is an important part of any system. There must be a reasonable amount of understanding through the chain of command. I have teamspeak, ventrilo, MSN, and various other forms of ways that I can be reached. If it is necessary, I will be sure to obtain whatever program is needed to facilitate communication between my peers and I. Events! I can't think of many players who do not squeal in excitment during event times. It's a way to keep the game entertaining and to develop a good player-staff relationship. Since I have a TON of free time available, I will be easily able to achieve any quota for daily or weekly events given to me. (More on time on the section bellow this.) Last, the forums. As with any other responsibility, I believe the forums are very important. I will be sure to browse through the forums daily looking for questions that I can assist with, along with keeping an eye out for any statements / posts that need to be reported for further action. A huge part of being part of the staff, in my opinion, is forum interaction. I will do my best to present myself in a way that can reflect respectably toward all of the staff.

*Free time:​
    I basically have 5-6 hours a day (during the school year. I have around 8-9 during the summer.) where there's nothing for me to do. What do I normally fill this gap up with? Games! The Diablo series, COD, Battlefield, Mu, Maplestory, Digimon, Pokemon, Ragnarok, Tibia, Gunbound, etc. The list could go on for PAGES. The point is that gaming is an outlet for me. It's something I love to do every single day after a hard day of work. All of that free time I have can be pooled into doing my best to make Mu's experience as entertaining as I am capable of doing.

----

If you made it this far, then thank you for reading! I understand that I was not necessarily concise in my application, but that's because I wanted to be clear about how I work. If you have any questions, feel free to post them bellow! I will be keeping a very close eye on this thread.

2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Thank you for your interest, you will hear from us soon. Also I must say this is a really detailed application.

3. tdor

tdor Member

Thank you for taking the time to look over it! I don't like to do anything with half of an effort, so I put much thought and time into the application. x]

4. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

I've also enjoyed reading your application. Good luck

tdor likes this.
  5. KraMer

KraMer Anor Nó Mille Fortis Supporter

+1 from me, very good application

tdor likes this.
  6. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Accepted

tdor, send me a private message with your msn, skype or yahoo messenger id.

tdor likes this.
  7. tdor

tdor Member

Thank you very much! My information has been set.

8. Netheous

Netheous Member

That is a great application, way more detailed than mine.
    Good luck to you.

9. Raikan

Raikan Member

Great application my friend! Believe it or not we have a lot in common. In fact, everything sound what I would describe myself as with minor details changed. Welll *cough* not the Free time section...you have too much time on your hand (quite jealous of this actually). I'm glad that you're part of our team, and truly hope nothing but the best for you.

Best wishes
    -Raikan

tdor likes this.