Vulcanus Spots and spots in other maps

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Java, May 16, 2013.

1. Java

Java Member

Just was thinking that there are a few mobs in vulcanus who just roam and it is a big map so why not add more spots to it? The only reason to go vulcanus is to level so there isn't anything on the downside for adding more spots for people to level up in.

It would be a good idea to just have open spots (not just vulcanus) when people join server so they aren't scared away by not being able to level up since all spots are taken by high level char

So what do you all think?

2. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

Well , i guess it wouldn't hurt , but it's up to Gix i guess. Regarding the new comers , there are plenty of spots i guess , in swam of calmness but you have to work your way to the top.

3. Java

Java Member

Yeah there are plenty of spots in swamp but if you take a stroll through tarkan, many if not all are taken...same with icarus and vulcanus...

lower maps like lost tower 3-7 are filled with 2nd char farming medals/box of heaven

so if we added more spots to any of the higher maps (tarkan/icarus/vulcanus) it would allow for people to level up and not be pked/ksed out of spot by stronger char as easily since they could go to other spot on the maps

4. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

i reckon it's kind of not such a big deal in vulc thanks to mu helper since it has a great range and can move you around if you set your self up in the right spot but certainly wouldn't hurt to add in a couple more spots in the area - not super spots or anything just even 2~3 mobs in smaller areas would be cool. anyway i don't think that'll ever happen since it sorta conflicts with the servers way of things, it's supposed to be hard and all things on default. having said that, i found the respawn times are much better than that of GMO so even the lamest of spots is better than usual.

also agree that its pretty annoying to see high lvl players take up low spots for sake of farm or what not, prefer the GMO system where master lvls didn't receive exp nor drops (except very rarely) on mobs below ~lvl83. at least that way there was incentive for them to try fight in higher areas that were made for them and leave the low places for newbies.

5. Java

Java Member

i was thinking just 2-3 mob spots with a couple of the mobs who just have 1-2 of them roaming in areas...i.e. the mobs next to the flame golems and if you look at where all the spots are they are around the spawn area...if we added some further away from warp it would be better also just to keep things spread out since most of the map is nothing but open space

6. Hopium

Hopium Member

the mobs in aida are screwed up as well i think there is 1 spawn on the entire map for the default centaurs not the bloody ones.

7. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

By default, a GMO monsterdatabase has no spots. The fact that some mobs spawn close to each other makes you call them like that.
    The server isn't that overcrowded so we'll add more spots as we are using a default monsterdatabase and we should stick to our original settings right?

Also, vulcanus it's being used mostly for duels and most servers don't even got spots there simply because you can get inside on lvl 30.

The current levelup places should be enough. When the server is going to become crowded then this wouldn't be a bad idea at all but for now this isn't quite necessary unless you're thinking to see 1 player per spot only.

8. Java

Java Member

that is the problem...noone is ever active to create parties...and many spots are just taken by one person (one char or multiple) so in other words spots are already being taken by one person leaving few if any spots open

9. Hopium

Hopium Member

im saying the default monster database is wrong from the beginning. aida vulcanus and karutan are a good example of this. i know its not possible to clone it exactly. but logging onto global and looking at the maps, you would cleary say to yourself "yeah my mobs are wrong". now that its s8 on global i haven't seen any changes to those maps so they are identical to the way they were populated in s6e3 atleast as far as i noticed. i haven't been on swamp in global so i can't comment on how well it is done.

10. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Well Hopium, you are free to clone the GMO monsterdatabase but i guess you won't be the first one who tried that, right?
    Our MSB is probably the best you're going to get so far for a non-rr gmo like MSB. Cloning a MSB is not like you're just going to log in and check coordinates of each mob even if this would take A LOT, thats far from cloning a MSB since many things are important here such as monsters range, position, movement direction, etc.
    Oh, and MSB is different from S6Ep3 to S8 but if you think it's so easy to replicate these then good luck doing it yourself. Coders and leechers couldn't do it so maybe you can. If there is no GMO MSB replica, that doesn't means that "mobs are wrong", that means you're expecting way too much from a private server vs original creators and maybe you should stick to GMO then.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a full replica of MSB but thats pretty much an impossible task. We've replicated manually lots of things such as monster file which contains attributes and such. It took days to build that from scratch, taking official data published by GMO on different locations. Spell formulas and stuff are also made by us and not by coders. There is no private coding team that actually has default GMO settings for lots of things just because it takes days, weeks and even more to build that from scratch, number by number and word by word.

Probably a better MSB replica will be available sometime but there's no ETA over that.

@Java, there are enough spots for now. Adding extra ones won't change things related to ks/pk and you should know that already.
    There will be people that will ks and pk no matter the spots number.

Usually, servers are actually making players to compete for spots and since as you said, there are plenty of 1 players spots around, then there is no reason to add even more than that.

I suppose a new player joins here because he is already accustomed with the non-rr system so obviously he will expect things to be harder than a RR server. An extra spot won't do any difference if that player can't even levelup on that spot. This has to do with old players, helping out new ones and we all know some will do it and others won't, no matter what.

11. kurzel131

kurzel131 Member

Original vulcanus have 35 spots in gmo, meybe add here some in bloody assasin a medium spot.

12. Hopium

Hopium Member

so if i go in game and write the coords on the completely empty half sections of swamp of calmness and the barren sections of vulcanus you'll populate them? and add the mob id's and coords for mobs missing from aida.

13. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

GMO has more default spots than Blizzard MU. Its strange but mobs here have different spawn locations than GMO. Thats why we dont "see" this default spots.