Sup. Problems with launching the client.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Aaape, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Aaape

Aaape Well-Known Member

My problem is the following: Absolutely nothing happens after clicking the "start game" button on launcher. I can only see some kind of temp file being created on the MU folder and getting deleted after trying to launching the game. I've set main.exe and launcher on DEP exceptions, and done the same thing on my antivirus client. Running launcher as admin, and main.exe also is supposed to run as admin. I've read all the readme text files on the game folder, and tried all the fixes for my problem. Main.exe doesn't even show up in task manager after trying to launch the game.

I'm running on dual-core laptop, with intel 4k HD grapchis and my OS is w8.

Any help, plop?

PS: Don't know why, but haven't been able to launch any of the clients after S4 either on DMU or Blizzmu (on my desktop PC, though). Perhaps the spirits of mu don't want me to play on this server never ever again :whistling::whistling:

PSPS: Is user ID and account login name separate now or what? I should have 3 acc's registered, but everytime I try to login it says the user ID doesn't exist.

2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

No idea when you registered an account but use the account exactly how you wrote it upon registration.

Check Case 4

FIX Game Crash

3. Aaape

Aaape Well-Known Member

Took a look at the possible solutions, only thing I hadn't done yet was to download the fresh main.exe, but still, no luck. It's quite odd I think. Maybe could have something to do with w8 and intel HD graphics, hard to say.

4. Gix

Oh, you got windows 8. It still has a lot of incompatibility issues so go with windows 7.

Try changing compatibility of main.exe, mu.exe, blizzardmu.exe to windows 7 or xp. Next, make sure you got netframework 4 and redistributable packages 2008/2010 installed

5. Aaape

Aaape Well-Known Member

Hmm both framework and packages were up to date. Problem must be the w8. I'm just going to run MU through virtualbox with xp and see if it works ^^

6. Gix

Tried to change compatibility?

I've heard lots of complaints that MU is like a lottery on W8.

7. Aaape

Aaape Well-Known Member

Yeah. I ran MU with all the different compatibility modes, no luck though. I'm running the client through virtualbox right now. It's better than nothing ^^ Anyways, if there's someone running MU on w8, please post here and enlighten me how to get it running.

Thanks for the help seph.

8. llA2ll

llA2ll Member

Delet ur Mu. Turn off anti-virus. Re-install ur mu while Anti-virs is off. Also if u r dowloading frew IE, make sure u dowload the full game (its actully happen to me on Chrome and IE). It did work with my C.S. 1.6 before and this way im telling u, worked. Hope it will work for u.