Servers Back Online Rollback Informations / Refund Infos / VIP Infos ... Read More

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Gix, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

[​IMG]

Servers Back Online ​

Dear DiabloMu players,

The Story

First of all please read and find out what's the reason of servers being offline and the rollback by accessinng the following link: CLICK HERE

Most of you already understood we made all possible things to get back our latest data by paying a recover HDD data company. A short story description would be like this: after a simple server reboot our HDD and MotherBoard CRASHED ... don't ask me why because I don't know either and no one is blamed here since we had nothing to do with this and our primary DataCenter is one of the most famous in the world .... it just happend since server parts aren't for lifetime. After these bad news we checked our second HDD and our second server mirror where we save daily databases, but a totally badluck showed up again: SQL server saved all databases as incomplete ... thing that I cannot explain since I m a SQL expert and we never had this problem in 4 years ... again I would say it s totally badluck. For about 1 week I've discussed with data recover company and payed money from my pocket ( HDD and MotherBoard were bought from donations funds ) and they recovered our data which again seemed to be corrupted and incomplete. Did you ever had such a bad luck ? Well, I never had ... I've spent time, nerves and money for smth called badluck and I'm glad that our dear players understood that we made everything possible and continued support us. Trust me that I've did everything since I'm more than implicated into this network and since 4 years ago we build a great repuation and couldn't make it without this wonderful team and without our trumendous dear players.
    About the rollback ... we decided into a team conference the best solution to reward and make everyone happy. We used an older backup ( not too old though ) and I can assure you 100% guaranteed this was the first time and last time when this happend. Why's that ? Here are the following changes we made:

# Rewarded every player with 6000 LevelUpPoints -That's about 3 resets and is more than you made within the rollback time so no one should be unhappy about that since you gained more and more.
    # Doubled EXP/DROP for 3 days on all servers - Everyone recovers their jewels and hunt better for their items
    # Bought 2 External HDD and 2 Personal USB Data Traveler from my own pocket. The external HDDs have been installed inside datacenter and the 2 USB Data Traveler have been added to my personal home computers.
    # We are saving DB as usually ( daily ) but also every 3 days and 1 week. Also we are checking DB size everyday and imagine that DB is saved in 6 different locations: Main Server ( Dallas, TX ) , Mirror Server ( Netherland ) , 2 External HDD's and 2 USB Data Traveler
    # 5000 FREE STATS for newcomers - This is outside our subject but I'll write here. We took the decision since this feature attracts players and was a great succes on Season 3 and another reason is because even low exp lovers quit when they encounter ppl with a totally rude attidude when it comes to party. They consider that a disrespect so we are giving them the chance to be able to lvl up even if they will be refused on partyes. These players exists on all servers and all games and we can't do nothing with their attitude but now the newcommers won't be party dependents.
    # Servers Upgraded.
    # Many fixes made over the item files and new features added.
    # Arena Mobs give more experience now.
    # 10 New trumendous sets added.

Once again I assure you this was the first time and last time when this happend but let's be serious ... no one expected to have a HDD and MotherBoard crash after a server reboot, 8 impartial saved databases and corrupted recovery data ... that's pure badluck that never happend in 4 years even if we took all measurements.
    Now we are even more prepared and don't worry, the rollback isn't a big one at all ... as I've said everyone gained more that they could possible have so please read whole story, updates, posts made and you'll know what exactly happend.
    I want to thank you everyone for supporting us ... to be serious i thought some players would leave to other servers especially since we had about 1 week downtime, but i was more than glad to see everyone is still here and we have even more online players ... difficulties usually unite people. Thank you agan to everyone that helped and supporting us.

For Donators

When it comes to our donators we always keep our promises so everyone that donated withing the rollback period and their items are not on their account now please send an email to [email protected] using the refund items example which can be seen by scrolling page down, 4th news having the title " Refunds ... Get your items back ! "
    As always everyone that fake reports lost donation items, doesn't send an email with exactly form or is looosing our time maybe be IP Banned so please don't make a fun of this.
    Also i would like you to include an aproximate date when you donated through Western Union.

For VIP Players

Those that that had a VIP account still active withing the rollback period or the 1 week server downtime please send an email to [email protected] containing the following data: # Username , # Transaction ID / Proof of Payment , # Date when VIP has been bought , # How many days of VIP you bought , # Date when the VIP should have expired. This way you'll help us to check our donators database faster and save some precious time.

Remember that all data about donators, vip holders or anything related to donations are stored on safe place and were not corrupted.

Again thank you everyone and have fun playing on DiabloMu, a great community server wich is active since 4 years and many more will come.

Kind Regards,
    DGN Team - 4 Years Online

ada13968, HaoS, enm4nuel and 8 others like this.
  2. Brook

Brook Member

yuhuuuu :D

sayfar, ilegal87, lolu and 1 other person like this.
  3. HaoS

HaoS Member

yep nice to be up again have fun playing guys and remember play fair and don`t cheat :p

sayfar, ilegal87 and lolu like this.
  4. GayCoW

GayCoW Supporter

Is it me or is the server down temporarily again?

sayfar, ilegal87 and lolu like this.
  5. GitaaS

GitaaS DiabloMu Assistant Admin™

SeRVERS DOWN DO SOME MISS STARTUP OF A CRITICAL PROGRAM!
    IT WILL BE SOLVED AS SOON AS SEPH GETS BACK HOME!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

sayfar, ilegal87, HaoS and 2 others like this.
  6. kentaur69

kentaur69 Member

I got the same problem, still cannot connect ...

lolu, sayfar and ilegal87 like this.
  7. kentaur69

kentaur69 Member

Ahh, got it, nevermind :)

8. akkken

akkken Supporter

@kentaur69 u could use EDIT button.. dnt spam with such posting:p.

Seph ure big mate:)) gratz ;D.

9. batejello

batejello Member

6000 stats is good, but we cant buy items for stat :((

lolu and sayfar like this.
  10. GitaaS

GitaaS DiabloMu Assistant Admin™

omg, U guys keep asking fot things and keep complaining...things like this happen unfortunetly...We still have alot of time to play on this seazon so dont worry you will make your items back again

lolu, sayfar and pukairina like this.
  11. Brook

Brook Member

that is why for 3 days double exp and double drop !

sayfar and pukairina like this.
  12. Ardeal

Ardeal Supporter

6000 stats are more than enough. As Sephiro said, all donated items will be given back. I think we just must to say what's missing.

13. Gix

once again no one came here to tell that servers went back online ... shame on you

all donated items will be returned

For those crybaby players that think about items don't worry guys , you'll make them back and even better ... it's just server begining. I think we deserve some respect after the nerves and hard work we made here for you .. not to say that we spent money and even from my own pocket ( that goes for the recover company )

I see servers are online ... maybe it was just a small ISP downtime. have fun

@just camed out from town, had a personal problem so i will make a better description within 1 hour

sayfar, kentaur69, pukairina and 4 others like this.
  14. Gix

Sry for the earlier DC guys, our hardware firewall needs some time to reconfigure so you could get disconnected till is fully self reconfigured

sayfar, LostLegend, akkken and 2 others like this.
  15. HaoS

HaoS Member

it works fine now :p tnx for u r effort

16. LostLegend

LostLegend Member

Sorry, maybe im noob >.< but i dont understand... i got 6000 points but lost resets that i had before >.> is that ok ?

sayfar likes this.
  17. r3dpuma

r3dpuma Member

yes it is ok, there was a 3 weeks roll back if you havnt read the news this past week.

sayfar likes this.
  18. LostLegend

LostLegend Member

Oh okay, thank you.

sayfar likes this.
  19. kentaur69

kentaur69 Member

What happened? Server down again? I get this: "FTP server connect failed. Try again later or dl patch manually." - which I did btw yesterday and everything worked fine this morning, when I left home.

sayfar likes this.
  20. StoneCold

StoneCold Member

Just restart you computer:D

sayfar likes this.