Raklion Hatchery at 100% ? Medusa ?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Digimortal, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

Since I'm fresh ML and ready for hunting I was talking with other players about Bosses and Events. I already know that Nightmare is OK and drops good items. I guess Kundun is the same. But 1 player told me strange things for Selupan. Is it true that not 1 but 3 Selupans will appear when Raklion Hatchery event start ?

My other question is about Medusa. Whats the problem with her and why is she Unavailable?

2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Well, we had two options: 1 Selupan and 3 items or 3 Selupans giving 1 item each. We picked the 2nd option to give the event competitors more chances to get an item.

Medusa is unavailable due to the fact that it works only on SIEGE server and for that we should move Swamp of Calmness as a whole map, on that server. Also, the drop would be saturated anyway since you can find socketed items in the Imperial event on Sunday's bosses.

3. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

LOL but 3 Selupans.... Selupan hit hard what if 3 hit you . Is there any chance we can go there and atleast kill 1 if we are not maxed? I dont get it why ppl chosen the 2nd option. Why not go back to GMO style ( 1 Selupan droping 3 socket and 3 exc items) ?

Offspring likes this.
  4. Offspring

Offspring Active Member

I agree with Digimortal on this one, 3 selupans are extremly hard to kill. Only way I can see it happen is with full pt and high lvl emg in it. While ago me and Knuckles couldnt even kill one selupan...

Also another thing to back this up is that noone ever does raklion event, there has to be a reason for it and 3 selupans being too hard makes sense since this event doesnt need some rare tickets, etc and also happens often.

Digimortal likes this.
  5. Gix

Alright then, Starting today 12:00 AM (server time) raklion event will have 1 single selupan dropping 3 items.

The settings will be applied together with the Halloween Tripple EXP Event and FREE Premium Coins reward for everyone :) (the event will last the whole day of 31 October)

@Digimortal, 3 items are enough. GMO drops more because there are more players and obviously more competition = more items.

Hopium, Digimortal and Offspring like this.
  6. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

I'm OK with that. 3 items are fine. The main thing were the "3 selupans". Thank you!

Gix likes this.
  7. Albatross

Albatross Member

Hello Gix,

As you can see on the SS theres more than one Selupan.
    I counted 3 but couldnt put them all together on screen.
    After the time ended, 2 stayed there and one disapeared, after a minute or so i got warped out.

SS: Imageshack - tvox.png

8. Gix

If the reload of options didn't worked then it needs a reboot which will happen at the begining of the coming week.

Thanks for the report.

9. Albatross

Albatross Member

Hello again Gix,

Today i went to hatchery 2 times and found out that it remains the same.
    When i entered, and you can see from the SS, there was already a selupan there.
    When it started, he stayed there and the event procedeed normally until a second one appeared. We didnt managed to kill any of them.
    When it ended i got warped out and then i could enter again, one selupan was still there, as you can see on the second SS.
    After the event had passed we stayed there trying to kill selupan, with full party, for an hour or more and it didnt died.
    Altough the frist time we did it we didnt noticed which selupan we were trying to kill, on the second time we made sure we were attacking the one that spawned, not the one that was already there when we entered, and still we couldnt kill it.

SS of selupan before event start: Imageshack - 54di.png
    SS of selupan after event ended: Imageshack - 0wz7.png

10. Gix

Thanks for the report Albatross

In the future, use http://imgur.com/ and try to add some understandable screenshots. I cannot see the text at all for the 2nd one even with zoom on it.

So you are saying that 2 selupans appeared right? There were not 3 anymore? In this case, the one that remained there was probably a glitch due to options reload and/or becausethe previous one was not killed. Let me know if I understood your report correctly and if yes then it seems that was the reason.

All in all, you are suggesting that we should reduce it's hp/defence correct? This can be done, ofc and if suggested by players it's going to be taken into consideration and applied as soon as it's confirmed. The same will be done for kundun boss if it's needed, even though it was not suggested properly in this thread as it should have been.

11. Albatross

Albatross Member

What i intended to show you on second SS was that i got warped out and entered again and it was still there. The text u cannot read says "Raklion Hatchery Event has failed. Selupans have retreated"

Yes, i believe there are only 2 selupans now. One of them is always there, he does not spawns with the second. Before the event begins his already there and even after the event ends he stays there, as i wanted to show you on the SS's. You can enter there at any time and he will be there(not sure if this is intended to be this way, i thought that we could only enter hatchery when the event begins). Apart from that, another one spawns and desapears if not killed, so im not sure its a case of the last one not beeing killed.

Im not suggesting that you lower its health. I find it strange that a full party of high lvl players cannot kill it, thats all. I have a feeling that it is not working has it should, and was hoping you could check it out.
    The one that's always there, if its a bug, its normal we couldnt kill it, but the second one, the one we made sure that was the one who spawned, im not sure that its a case of us not beeing able to kill it. If something is wrong with the event like having 1 extra selupan always there, maybe theres something more to it that isnt letting us kill him.

12. Gix

So it's like I said: right after the restart from a week ago instead of 3 selupans we only had 1 as it was suggested.

The one that you cannot kill or hit is blocked in a spawn mode which is something that can happen in any MMORPG game. This can be due to reloaded options or monsters settings. I logged in now and killed him myself.

Selupan is stronger than Kundun so if you're saying it takes an hour to kill it then obviously Selupan would be harder due to a higher defence value. If it takes damage then it can be killed, obviously.

I have reloaded options and monster settings now by nerfing selupan as well. You can see that only 1 selupan shows up Screenshot by Lightshot

I won't kill it so you guys can go ahead and check it out. (it's killable as I killed that blocked selupan myself in 2 seconds on full stats)

EDIT:

I've reloaded options already and monster settings.

I have nerfed both Kundun (remember the boss it's in K6) and Selupan for the moment and disabled earth seeds (can't be disabled from mixing though).

13. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

I'm watching your screenshot and i think that when u kill the eggs and coluutins thats when seluphan must appear. And on SS seluphan was already there. So if you kill the eggs and coluutins 2nd one appear ?

14. Gix

Digimortal, this was available for previous server files which were running on JPN protocol.
    On S6 EP3 and this certain database we are running on ENG protocol since the very begining so it's not a stage event like it's on JPN one.

When I reloaded the settings, the event has been auto-reloaded and both selupan and minions appeared. Once it's killed, you'll have to wait for the next Raklion event in order make it spawn which takes exactly 28780 seconds. With the current nerfed settings you should be able to defeat it as I've cuted down its hp and defence by more than half.

15. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

What does this mean? That selupan + coolutins + eggs will spawn all at once ?

16. Gix

Selupan alone respawns every 28780 seconds which equals to ~ 8 hours as the global message announces the event. There isn't a stage requirement as killing the eggs since it's going to respawn anyway.

17. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

So we must fight selupan + coolutins + spider eggs at once ?

18. Gix

No.

Anyway, got an a fix in the morning for Raklion Event but wanted to make sure it works fine before announcing it to the players.

I've been waiting for this fix since the first Raklion thread was created, I preffer not to announce when I'm doing it because I cannot give a timeframe when I get the fix from the coders. All of them will just say "looking at it, should be done in a few days" and sometimes it takes much more than that so there is no reason to announce things when I'm not sure of the result.

Tested it and now the event starts as normal, going through the minions and spider eggs stages. Once these are completed, the Selupan will spawn.

That second selupan which was spawned sometime, it's also fixed and won't appear again.

Currently, I'm logged in and set the event to start in five minutes. Testing it to make sure it works fine on live server as well.

EDIT: Runs fine now

http://prntscr.com/2a5ue1
    http://prntscr.com/2a5vi9
    http://prntscr.com/2a5w2t
    http://prntscr.com/2a5wps
    http://prntscr.com/2a5xwm
    http://prntscr.com/2a5ygw

The only thing is that Selupan may drop just one item.
    I've made a slight modification though, but didn't reloaded the event because it's not good to do it so often but I'm pretty sure it won't allow more than an item. If that will be the case then I'll just nerf selupan some more and add two more or make the event more often.

Remember that dropping socketed items is also a random chance because it's different than the excellent items drop file. However, I have increased the socketed items drop twice inside the Raklion Hatchery.

Digimortal, Albatross and Offspring like this.
  19. Albatross

Albatross Member

I think it is very acessible now, dont nerf it more. If you change anything, make it a little stronger, not weaker.

Its fine by me that it drops just one item, as it is, as i said, very acessible. (as long as it has a chance to be socketed, we've made like 7-8 events whitouth a single socketed item)

Thanks for the fix!

edit: The time it starts stays the same? Btw, what are the starting times for UK time? i know there is one at 2 am and one at 5pm. (cannot find a time frame for this, i know there is one in between this 2 but if it is 8 hours between each, the 5pm one should be at 6pm and the middle one at 10am)

Gix likes this.
  20. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

Thanks Gix. I want to try it as soon as possible.

Like Albatross said, Seluphan must be little stronger. We went there yesterday and Coolutins do more damage than Selupan.

So if we want more items droping from Selupan we must wait for a server restart or ? (couldnt understand)
    Why the system doesnt allow more than 1 item droping ?

Gix likes this.