PVP vs Non-PVP Maps

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Java, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Java

Java Member

In the past we have discussed making certain maps pvp or non pvp...well the only thing is that if you do make all pvp then you'll have people going around ruining the afk for everyone...on the other hand if you make it non pvp the server will be completely dead with just so many afk players (although it is mainly an afk game)...

My suggestion is to keep the maps as they are but make items droppable if you are pk status...this will make people think twice about going through maps and pking everyone...because if they have a chance of losing their precious items then they won't just pk for the fun of it anymore

2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

No idea if you were playing here back than, but we had the pk items drop option enabled long time ago and there is a reason why it has been changed.

With the actual settings you can see that no new players are whining about PK and this is a good thing. If you wish to level up in higher lvl maps then get ready to get killed and that is probably the best solution.

If all people would get that pvp is part of the game and we wouldn't have newbie hunters, everything should be pvp but we all know that pk will be abused no matter what security measurements we take and this abuse will make new players leave the server.

3. Java

Java Member

I would have to disagree...yeah we all know pvp is part of the game but if there was something to lose if you went full on pk...then it wouldn't be abused...it would save people from leaving server

And the bolded words...we need to prevent that from happening...because it already is by certain players pking any and all right now (from both major guilds)...we need to do something instead of just leaving it like it is...because the penalty of not moving for like 10 minutes isn't that much for pkers...

4. ajemna21

ajemna21 Supporter

Leave PK clear default like GMO 99 hours (full pk) and yes many newbies get pked in pvp maps even in devias ahaha

5. Java

Java Member

yeah we need either drop item on pk or increase the penalty...because the problem with this is you can kill 20 people...and be pk cleared in 1 hour

6. ajemna21

ajemna21 Supporter

I rember in gmo i clear max PK in 1-2 days with sm ... in a1 HS and bk need 2-3 days to clear pk :)
    I agree with item drop :)

7. Enderx

Enderx Member

Agree with the increase of penalty.
    Disagree with the drop of items.

8. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder