PK for spot vs pk for fun

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Royalty, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Royalty

Royalty Member

Is there a rule against just going around maps and pking any/all afk players?

2. Blaivas

Blaivas Member

First of all, ALLWAYS before u join server first time, u should read server rules, as I see, u didnt, so this is for u: http://forum.gamesymbol.com/f827/blizzardmu-server-rules-207728/
    Second, I wount say answer to ur question, read server rules by your self! ^^
    Good luck in game and have fun!

3. Royalty

Royalty Member

I have read rules and there is nothing about pking...but i have read on DiabloMU Server (i know it is different) but they are having same thing happen...people going to each map and just pking afkers or pking because they can...and people were getting punished

4. Blaivas

Blaivas Member

there is no rule against? Simple - that means, its fully legal.
    Also there is pvp and non pvp maps, so if u want to avoid pkers, go to non pvp maps.

DARKSEID likes this.
  5. Royalty

Royalty Member

reread my post...they have same type of setup on Diablo MU...and people go pk for fun and are getting punished when there is no rule against / for it either...

6. Blaivas

Blaivas Member

As Gix said, Pk is part of the game (and I think one of the best^^). So if admin said that, I dont think hes gonna do something about pk. Thats fun and many players here just for that.

7. Royalty

Royalty Member

i understand that it is part of game but when people can't afk because people have no life and want to stop people from leveling they just play game to pk others and allow no others to afk...i'm done with posting here until Gix gives answer

8. PingPong

PingPong Member

You're whining that someone kills you when you are AFK? Why don't you go play Farmville.

There are no rules against KS or PKing in BlizzardMU, in DiabloMU there are.

Blaivas and DARKSEID like this.
  9. Blaivas

Blaivas Member

wahahaha ^^ farmville, OWND! ^^

10. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Why are we even comparing BlizzardMu with DiabloMu ?

DiabloMu is a RR server where you can clear your pk on the website.
    KS is not allowed only if you don't respect the KS rules and that's because people may reach full stats and can handle the spot by themselves just fine KSing others.

BlizzardMu is Non-RR, No Full Stats and you cannot clear your PK on the website so if someone kills you he would need to spend quite some time in order to clear his PK.
    KS is allowed because by having a party you get more exp by killing higher level mobs and also you'll be able to kill them a lot faster.

@Royalty, there were 1 or 2 suspends in a whole year on DiabloMu for that but that was a totally excessive PK and harassement which is totally different. People are not getting punished because they PK for fun. As everyone said, PK is part of this game. Actually is the thing that makes it less boring since we all know those old first days of 0.94 and 0.97x won't ever come back. There was no /post, autoclicker, minimizer, pk was the greatest thing inside the game and there were hundred of guild wars per day.

Don't take it personally when someone kills you and remember it's just a game. Some may just push it too hard and forget that so keep calm :)

11. Hopium

Hopium Member

i logged in at lunch just to pk everyone on the map! :D

12. Royalty

Royalty Member

This is my point Gix...people just log in to pk and then afk to clear...the time needed to clear is only about 20 minutes per level of pk so it isn't that big of a deal to pk then afk

13. Blaivas

Blaivas Member

pkers cant lvl up in pvp maps, coz every one pking them, so u have advantage against them, u can pk them and lvl up with no problem again. So where is the problem with u?

Gix likes this.
  14. Blaivas

Blaivas Member

by the way, ure pking in vulcanus all the time u connect to the game (just for fun?), and Im pking u for that. So whats ur problem? huh?

Gix likes this.
  15. Gavileitor

Gavileitor Member

Royal have reason on one thing... pk clear time is bad , i kill 20 guys and clear all in 30 mins killings mobs.

16. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

The time is set as default and Blavais gave some nice answers.

So splitting the server into two is a bad idea
    Making everything non-pvp is a bad idea
    You want to be afk all the time in higher lvl pvp maps and not be killed

So any good suggestion over these?

17. Royalty

Royalty Member

Yeah there isn't a problem with that except 1.) people that are pking are usually the ones with master levels and us non lvl 400 master level characters have no chance to pk them 2.) if you are afk more than 30 minutes from when they pked you...you are SOL to pk them without penalty since most people are cleared because of the setting for pk

That is fine if you pk me for pking others but why you pk others besides me...when they haven't done anything to you...

Blaivas didn't give any good answers...

pk is part of game...everyone knows that...time limit is too low...see above for more answers to Blaivas so called "good" answers

SUGGESTION:

Create a couple spots (1-3) mobs even in arena with top mobs being low icarus (non queen etc that drop feather) and low tarkan/aida so that people who want to afk just for exp can get an okay amount of exp afking...along with the mobs in arena make it so sm need to teleport players in making teleport ally worth something...

although this won't help higher level characters it will allow lower characters to train hopefully with more spots that aren't taken by farmers...

18. Java

Java Member

What also could work is making one of the higher maps a non-pvp ...allowing for ksing and not just pk for spot...all it is now is pk and then clear...with non pvp it would force people to have a good build or party to ks for a spot...

ksing is part of the game but i don't see it here...just pk...