Need help starting the game please

Discussion in 'Archive' started by dagnarille, Dec 28, 2012.

1. dagnarille

dagnarille Member

I downloaded the full client and extracted it all to a new folder. I then launched "main". It seemed to update fine, but when I hit start, the launcher just closed and no game started. I then tried using "blizzardmu" and got the same problem. After installing the patch like the directions said, the same problem occurred. I tried connecting to the Teamspeak channel, but it kept saying that I had insufficient permissions.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem? I have tried to run both game applications as the administrator. I simple hit the button in the bottom left and the launcher disappears without a game starting up. Task Manager also shows no trace of it. Thanks for any help. I have played on other Mu servers and never had this problem.

Just in case- I run Windows 7 64 bit and have great computer specs. My video card is a Geforce GT.

2. dagnarille

dagnarille Member

Update:

I've done the DEP thing and made sure that no firewalls or virus protectors are at work. Also, I have no Trojans as far as I can find through scans.

3. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Why should you connect to TeamSpeak3 Channel? We do not provide support there and obviously you don't know how to use it if you see the "insufficient permission" message

I've met a player with same issue yesterday having same configuration. Do you have previous MU clients installed that use MuGuard and Vcorp inside?

Try installing Microsoft C++ 2008 Redistributable Package , Microsoft C++ 2010 Redistributable Package & Netframework 4.0 and let me know.

Also send an email to [email protected] with your MSN / YM or Skype ID so one of us can help you live.

4. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

Did you turn off your antivirus while extracting the client? Sometimes, your antivirus will place files in the "Virus bin" without telling you, meaning, the game will try to launch but is missing a file.

5. dagnarille

dagnarille Member

Terrafrit, I actually don't have an antivirus, so I guess the answer to your question is basically yes.

Gix- Does having another MuOnline client installed create a problem? I do have another client installed that I use. Tomorrow I can try uninstalling it and see if it matters.

As for the teamspeak thing- your main site has it as a button under the forums as "live support." If live support does not provide support, then that is misleading.

6. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

Try and mess around with your graphics settings. As far as I am aware, it's known that Mu Online has a problem with anti-aliasing. Try turning it off on your graphics control. Other than that I have no idea. I'll try think of something.

7. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

If you clicked that button then i suppose you took the time to reade the notice in bold as well right?
    Obviously you didn't

Let me know if it worked. Also have you installed netframework and redistributable as suggested?
    As i have said we had another player with the same issue and he reinstalled his windows. This has happend to other servers using muguard+vcorp as well especially on the computers with bad registry files, viruses, rootkits, incompatibility issues, incomplete uninstalls of previous MU clients or games, etc.