Moss Merchant suggestion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DARKSEID, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARKSEID

DARKSEID Supporter

Hello Blizzard Mu! I just want to put out an idea and see what you guys think. Currently the moss merchant spawns at specific times ( 10:50 / 14:50 / 18:50 / 22:50 Server Time). Since Renas do not stack and the spawn times of moss can be inconvenient depending on when you play the game. What if admins put the Moss NPC permanently in elveland? I personally don't see anything bad coming from this and you don't get any high tier items (as far as I know). So... what do you guys think about this?

Edit: missing words :p

parrot likes this.
  2. Java

Java Member

And possibly lower the level so everyone that joins server can get their own exc weapons without having to wait until 380...maybe lower to 250 or 300...so it would be still a little harder for people to farm it if they were going to

DARKSEID likes this.
  3. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Saw the post yesterday but people rarely visit a forum when there are no problems.

Anyway, let's not turn it into a fun server. Default level is 380 and it will stay like this since getting there is not hard.

Let's see some opinions about DARKSEID suggestions, although I cannot see how the time is inconvenient since it's 4 times a day. Just like invasions and other events, it's supposed to be a competition right? And the player should be rewarded for being active at that specific time.

4. DARKSEID

DARKSEID Supporter

It is inconvenient for some players because there a 12 hour period when the merchant doesn't spawn and if those are your active playing hours then you probably wont see the merchant unless its the weekend. (This has been the case for me before when I was working a different shift.) Since you have to hold the Renas and there is limited space to do so, I think a lot of players don't even bother with holding the renas because they just get annoying when you have to wait very long periods of time to have any space in your inventory. Its only an idea. Hopefully some other players post their opinions.

V/R

5. Gavileitor

Gavileitor Member

Agree whit darkseid.

6. Gix

Just as Castle Siege, you cannot please everyone. Different timezones will always be an issue for all of us and working in shifts it's also something that few people do.

When we added the extra moss merchant spawn times we covered pretty much any timezone. We could indeed add two more spawns during 2:AM and 6:AM server time let's say.

DARKSEID likes this.
  7. Albatross

Albatross Member

I personally think this is a better ideia than adding it permanently since exe items are already very abbundant and most of them useless

8. DARKSEID

DARKSEID Supporter

If The excellents are useless what would be the problem in having moss merchant permanently? Im sure there are other players that don't think the items from Moss are useless and would like to turn in the Renas when they can. I like the idea of adding more times too so you can find moss every 4 hours or so. I Just don't see any reason why he couldn't be permanent in elveland.

Come on guys we need more opinions. Please post what you think. :)

9. Gavileitor

Gavileitor Member

î never got nice stuff from moss , maybe he hate me. xD

10. Java

Java Member

i think instead of having him permanently we should just have it every 4 hours around the clock that way there are 6 times he appears throughout the day and this would fix the problem that DARKSEID brought up...of being inconvenient times for some

11. Gix

... moss has this settings inside config files - > HateGavileitor = 1 (1 = yes / 0= no) haha

This is what i've been saying right? That makes moss be spawned 6 times a day. 6 x 4 = 24 hours and voila :)

2:00 AM and 6:00 AM server time sounds good along witht the current spawn times?

Gavileitor and DARKSEID like this.
  12. DARKSEID

DARKSEID Supporter

Lol ^

ok well 2am and 6am will do :)

13. llA2ll

llA2ll Member

Definitely keep the minimum lvl. But to have him there permanently, i dont see why as well, as there is nt a big difference between every 4 hours or permanently, just some people will struggle to get him. I play mu 1 hour a day when im not off. So there is no way i will catch moss if he is not permanently. But its up to admins to make the decision.

14. Gix

If that so then we should leave all events be permanent just for you, ||A2|| and we both know this cannot be done. Lack of time is your concern after all.

Added + 2 more spawns for the moss merchant(2:00 AM and 6:00 AM) which means the spawn time will be now every 4 hours, 6 times a day.

Changes will take place onto the next server reboot or while reloading options.

LATER EDIT:
    Done