Main closes, Account and player connected

Discussion in 'Archive' started by jasoncicio, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasoncicio

jasoncicio Supporter

First of all I would like to state that although i am users jamescicios brother with similar names on this forum, i am a completely different player than him.

Admin, i and other people on this server are suffering from main crashes resulting in a "waiting game" in which we have to "wait" for your so called automatically disconnects.
    I know you said than James and I should check our IPS service provider so we did , and they say everything is fine.
    Now here is the twist, people in other parts of the world are having server crashes and having their characters connected, so this means it's something to do with the main or other things.
    I currently use COMODO antivirus which is top notch so i do not have nay viruses that affect my main.exe
    I hope the other people will also see my thread and be able to tell you this is a issue, quite a annoying one if i may say so, which needs to be solved somehow.

Also on a higher note my character GodofLife has been awaiting his automatic disconnect for more over than 1 and a half hours, if that's not a problem i don't know what is.

DARKSEID likes this.
  2. Blaivas

Blaivas Member

Yep, sometimes main.exe crash'es with no errors or something. It just closes and u're waiting for ur char auto disconnect from few mins to few hours. Many ppl know this..

3. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

First of all your brother already explained me your issues while windows freezes and stuff. If thats not a problem on the player side then definetly we do not cause freezes directly to your computer.
    This is not normal and is not related to us. Since i have already replied to him there is no need to open a new thread.

Test both normal downloaded client w/o applying the new patch and the client + the new patch separately

Also, some players get this only and it's not into our hands to solve different issues related to your own side. Indeed you can get account already connected if it crashes.

I will try to see if TCP accelerator has anything to do with this so be patient.

PS: Make sure you're not crossing the line and become arrogant with words and attitude while writing a post as we are not gods or fortunetellers or a huge company like blizzard, webzen, etc to have hired workers all over the place and stuff. I personally offer a better support than my other servers that curently exist so respect that. As for COMODO, it's definetly not a top notch antivirus at all. It was created as firewall which also is quite lame.
    Oh...and i've worked with your RDS ISP for couple of years and make sure when the isp says everything is fine it isn't 100% true. Infact to tell you the truth, RCS&RDS had issues for quite few weeks already win random losses, external downtimes, upstream downtimes and simillar things. May not be noticeable by you but may be one of the reasons.

PS2: When you get this, connect and enter the password 3 times until the client closes and then connect again normally.

4. Gix

By the way, the account is not connected

5. jasoncicio

jasoncicio Supporter

Not once did i say something about computer freezing, that's my brothers problem not my own.
    Second as you can clearly see i didn't state that my pc gets frozen but the main closes and someone even has the same problem as i do. As for the cockynes as you so clearly put out there, i didn't shout for your immediat response, all i do is have patience considering i waited for almost 2 hours for automatic disconnect.
    All i am saying is that many server have client and exe problems, i wanted to know if this is a clear case of such a problem.
    I apologize if it seemed that i was disrespectful in my last post, those were not my intentions, my intention is to try to bring to the server staff issues that might be able to get fixed in hope of helping you guys in making a even better server.

6. jasoncicio

jasoncicio Supporter

Also me and james are with UPC now not RDS, RDS is bad very very bad

7. Chronical

Chronical Member

sir.

i similarly have same problems.. not regularly but when my net is unstable i too try this sometimes.

i think its based on the net.. it leaves the I.P connected to the server when (net brokes accidentaly and your account still connected in game)

its not that a big deal.. but it really matter for some players, coz mins/hrs spent in this game is gold.. =) and being disconnected for no reason is lost of profit in game..

i have tried it 10-15 times since i registered in this sverver.

all bec. my net is based on signal. =).. thats why i conclude its based on the connections..

8. Agape

Agape Member

sry but I have to ask, if my account is already connected and I attempt to log in 'til the main says I typed wrong pass 3 times, it will dc? ^^

9. Gix

You have the answer in my previous post.

Alright jason, no worries. I've submited a ticket to our hosting company in order to disable TCP Accelerator for the ip address that BlizzardMu is using. As soon as i get their confirmation we'll test it for a few days

10. jasoncicio

jasoncicio Supporter

Thank you

11. Gix

It's done

Let me know how it's going and i'm reffering to the few others having the same issue as well.

DARKSEID likes this.
  12. Gix

Gonna close this thread

I will wait reports through PM