Introducing Goblin Points via Website. Players Opinion Needed

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Gix, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Hello there.

As some of you suggested and we always take into consideration good suggestions we are ready to introduce the Trade Online Hours System on BlizzardMu.

What all of this means? For each online hour you are spending inside the game you will be rewarded with Web Credits that can be exchanged on our website and traded for ingame items. (a simillar system with goblin points which rewards you for staying online)

Now, we would like to let everyone that this is something you won't find on most servers so please don't consider this a default server thing and may cause issues sometime thats why we will have some instructions that everyone must follow. As long as the instructions are followed the system will be fine 100% except those times when we may adjust the script.

We would like to hear your opinion on what items should we add inside the webshop that will be able to be bought by trading your online hours. List your ideas in this thread and let everyone inside the game know about this.

Thank you

2. PingPong

PingPong Member

I would not like this from the basis of what we heard from people who have played on our server and played previously on DiabloMu. This will create just random bots that sit around collecting points and possibly afk farming every inch of the losttower/devias/dungeon. Basicly all the noob spots will be taken by afkers that are too high lvl for spots. This is already happening in Chaos farming and gold medals farming in safe spots.

Of you do this, then add PK everywhere so noobs can farm at LT or Devias and not just suffer afkers taking all the xp.

Strongly against this update.

3. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Member

I heard and know some people out there who has 7,8 accounts online at the same time, this will be a BIG, UNFAIR advantage for them, so I against this update, unless you can somehow make the credit rewarded by IP addresses, not by accounts.

Blaivas likes this.
  4. Blaivas

Blaivas Member

x2, if it could be counted 1 reward/ ip adrress or something, not by account, thats cool i guess. But still, im not sure about webshop items, what items it could be. Maybe chaos gold cards or something like that.. maybe..

5. Royalty

Royalty Member

i think it should be for exp bundles etc...except make them be for 1 week exp not 1 day like vote...that way it would be account specific and not ruin economy of game by allowing people to get free items etc

6. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

The idea is great, the process is abusable. Unless you can figure a way to go around the abusable parts?

7. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Won't be possible, this works as reward per account (s).

Thats the purpose of this thread to hear opinions and if this is a good idea to be implemented.

8. DARKSEID

DARKSEID Supporter

I agree that this can be unfair for many players. I cant say im for or against this because I find the market to be very weak in game.. its very difficult to complete exc sets sometimes. What type of items are we talking about putting in this webshop? Is this like those shops where you can choose what options are on your set? I also agree with pingpong that pvp should be turned on for most low maps. Active players should get priority not someone logged with a bunch of accnts.

9. Hopium

Hopium Member

i would think if you made it just dumb items as a bonus it wouldn't be worth logging in accounts just for it. make the hours high and it just be like the mana scrolls and basically look at what no one ever buys in the X shop. stuff that's bind on account pointless in pvp like the retain xp on death seals and maybe the scrolls. use high hours and low rewards to discourage abuse its all a bonus anyways. if its 1000 hours for a vault expansion cert im not gonna farm that on another account.

10. Java

Java Member

Its a good idea...but if the reward can be exc item...there will be plenty of people creating accounts to just afk with the chance to get the exc to be with good option....

My idea for rewards for online hours:

Chaos Card
    Exp Seals
    Scrolls
    Entry tickets for bc and ds

11. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

Although your idea is great, i'll stop you at chaos card. Chaos card leads to exc items etc.

Anyway, items that are binded to an account are probably your best bet if you want to introduce this system. I don't see any negatives about the new feature either, only plus points.

12. Java

Java Member

yes that is true...but if you look at the probability of getting one...its pretty low here

i have seen people do christmas event and exchange 10 lucky coins for a chaos card and including myself...have gotten non exc pend without option...lower/higher refining stone...and the exc i have gotten has been low level (tomahawk and pad) with bad options...so although it can lead to exc...if the points are high enough it wouldn't really be worth it...but then again it might be for some

we will have to see what Gix decides to do