DMG on boss mobs

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Crys1209, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crys1209

Crys1209 Member

you must be kidding, i hit 200 dmg on ilusion kundum k7 at full ene agi and vit ?

and an summoner in 1 min killed it after we stayd 15 min close and hit the bastard. same as selupan.

if you dont fix this soon i`m afraid i will leave the server even if i play daily many hours.

Admin told that bosses are hard almoust to full stats, well i have my elf full stats allmost and you make fun on my spended time on server whit 200 dmg ??? i dont have wings tru, i have bow reign + 9 exe and i hit 65 k on all mobs and 35 k on erohim, but selupan and ilusion is way to imposible.

2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

You edited your post but I will still answer to you.

Bosses are hard to kill and this is our unique gameplayer since you need to work together to kill strong monsters. You are not anywhere near the full stats and you're complaining that you killed the boss alone in 15 minutes. I have no idea what character you play, but the main aspect of bosses is the fact they are using magic defence unlike the default value with is 0 in all servers.

The concept of having Raid Bosses just like in worldofwarcraft is something that attracts players and brings more fun instead. You will complain if the bosses die too fast and you will complain if the bosses die to slow but you forgot that this is a reset server and you get to max stats in a couple of days. What you'll be doing after that? Hunting for items has to more a bit more interesting rather than just hitting the mob once.

I have seen you on a different forum where i have advertising one of our server before and all you did there was flaming so please make sure you will keep that off from our forum. If you like it, you are more then welcomed here but if you are doing this blackmailing thing then it's your own choice.

Trust me, MU gets boring if bosses do not offer players any entertainment. And 15 min, killing a boss, alone, no full stats, no wings and not a really good weapon, is quite fast actually. Imagine that other MMORPGs got raids that last hours and with tens of players.

3. KraMer

KraMer Anor Nó Mille Fortis Supporter

actually iceheart let me clarify one thing, the player in question has 40 resets(an elf with full agi and ene)

imo raid bosses is a good idea as a concept in muonline too, BUT it requires doing similiar drop effect to them as kundun has, not just dropping 1 item, if the boss is hard to kill and requires 5-10 players to kill then there should be equivalent number of reward items dropping, otherwise its pointless and players would soon abandon hunting the bosses and focusing on goldens, going to doublegoer(which is timelimited, so you cant really increase the difficulty of klilling the bosses) and other ways of getting prices instead.

4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

You actually have to kill a boss yourself to state your opinion right? Because not all bosses are the same so know the settings first before that. And MU is a limited game, it's not so easy as you think.
    Kundun actually drops 3 items depending on your luck they may all be ancients and you cannot increase the items number as it is hardcoded inside the game.
    The pleyer said that someone else killed the boss in 1 minute and that is due to skills used and due to magic defence. You may use 5-10 players but in this case the boss will die in a matter of seconds.
    The wow raid thing, was just a simple example, but you cannot compare it entirely.

As for doublegoer event I think you are confusing it with the first version that is available on DiabloMu. On this server, it works as oiriginal and you have to stay until the end and don't let monsters get to your gate (3+ means fail).

Not all bosses are strong though. We are talking about Kundun, Selupan, Nightmare, Balgass and not all of them are that strong. Kundun has the advantage of that immunity while refilling hp, thats all.

5. KraMer

KraMer Anor Nó Mille Fortis Supporter

andrei you are missing the point, whole point of my post was that hunting the boss has to be worth the trouble, as long as there are easier ways they will be used instead

6. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

I haven't but you have to understand that you cannot get more than 3 ancients out of the kundun (this one is the strongest for now) or up to 3 excellent options. The player decides if 3 ancients are worth of killing the boss or not and until now seems it does as the kundun gets killed every respawn. We won't add full option items for a minute or two of killing that kundun. Skills used are the ones that count most.
    Also, players love the idea of hunting together for bosses since there is no fun when the boss dies in a second.

Do not worry as for now, the feedback is good enough from a lot of players and just because one player doesn't like it now, this doesn't mean we have to change everything.

By the way, reduced the magic damage a bit and should be better. I also suggest using skills like poison and penetration arrow.