Disconnect problems

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kayden, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Kayden

Kayden Member

Hi i have a disconnect problems. When i play mu and i am not AFK i have no problems. Game is running all the time. BUT. When i am going afk, in less that 1h i have disconnect. I tested it many times. Today i have even when i am not afk disconnects but ill wait till morning to call it problem. Right now i need help with afk disconnects, as i know not only me have it. I am using win10 and ESET NOD32 AV.

OK Now i have every 30 minutes disconnect. I counted it few times from morning till now. Its really annoying

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Your internet provider is probably experiencing issues as everything is stable on our side (we run automated scripts that check the network status and there are no reports), otherwise you would have seen other similar threads or news from us. Give it time as this is something that can be solved only on their side and you may also give them a call if the problem persists.

3. Kayden

Kayden Member

I checked folder with mu and i have crash reports while disconnects came, so i think its not all from provider :)

4. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Nothing to do with this, you can delete and ignore those crash dumps or the muerror files inside your client. If this problem started for you recently and you get a normal disconnect message ingame, not a client crash (client closing without any message) then your provider is having some difficulties unless your network card is close to it's end but most likely it's the first. See if it happens tomorrow too and call your provider if it does.

5. Kayden

Kayden Member

Strange because i play in the same time in another online game and i dont have single lag... and i am playing with latency window

6. Gix

If that game it's hosted in your country then only external connections may be affected, otherwise it may be on a different routing point which in this case the upstream of your provider is the one having a maintenance and as @Ezekiel said you can only wait to get fixed on their side. If it's not the internet then check for computer cpu spikes or high intensive frames during the disconnect but since you were fine so far and no one else reporting this I'd still bet on the connection and time should confirm it.

7. Kayden

Kayden Member

Ok ill wait a few days and notice all of strange disconnects.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 25, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 22, 2016 ---
    So. I had all the time problems, but sometimes was from my provider (1 second cutted off internet), sometimes i was playing other game with latency frame and was no single disconnect but in mu still throwing me out from game. To get a clear vision i downloaded another mu client and leaved it on night. When i woke up ive been in game all the time, even when i leave download on steam. So what i think its too much restriction or smth on server that single lag can disconnect you. Well... i did my best

Ezekiel likes this.
  8. Unigoat

Unigoat Active Member

1.MU is really sensitive to bad internet - so if you lost connection for even less than a second it may result in DC.
    2.Maybe Eternal MU gameguard is not friendly to that other game you are playing.
    3.This another MU you downloaded may have reconnect system and that's why you were online in the morning.
    4.If you are playing from laptop (or even Desktop maybe) you must check if your system is set to fall asleep, turning off the hard disk, hibernate and such in the power options menu. This actions may cause your DCs.
    5.Or simply you are far away from Eternal MU host server and experiencing lags.

Gix likes this.
  9. Gix

@Unigoat is right especially on the 3rd part. If you get a disconnect message and not a client crash then you can ignore 2nd point that @Unigoat mentioned, also 5th point can also be ignored as you are in Germany so distance is not a problem.

- Your internet may spike quite a lot (I see you have DE telekom so that's a mobile internet company and mobile internet sucks even if it's a DSL connection) and the other game you are playing is not as sensitive as MU is when it comes to lost packets.

- Try updating your video drivers to latest version and watch your CPU/RAM memory, if you notice there are spikes there while mu is running then you could experience low frame rates lagging which will result into ad isconnect. If playing from laptop follow @Unigoat advice.

- If you don't have anything against a fresh operating system reinstall, do that.

- You can PM me with your current ip address and turn off the firewall so I'll add a monitor over your internet connection and see the moments when your connection experiences lost packets.

10. Kayden

Kayden Member

My computer is new, bought it 20 days ago. Ill check drivers. Later ill read about turning off firewall in win10 nad send you my ip. Its really good to see that u take care of players, ill fight with this problems :)

Gix likes this.
  11. Gix

Yes, this behaviour is really weird considering only you got this (checked the logs and didn't saw any drops from other german players) but we will get to the bottom of the problem and find what's wrong. By the way after installing latest drivers try to uninstall eset32 antivirus and install avast/avg instead and let's see if there is a difference. Also turn off the windows firewall & microsoft security essentials (you can watch youtube on how to do that or you can PM me your skype id to take a look later on through teamviewer)