Client updater doesn't work

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Batanaka, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Batanaka

Batanaka Member

I downloaded BlizzardMu-Full-Client.zip, unpacked it, then unpacked BlizzardMu-New-Patch-v2.zip into the game folder. When I start main.exe, the game begins to update, but it never finishes. After several hours of work (at about 50%) I get a blank error message saying "MU" and updating stops. Upon restarting main.exe I get this message: "FTP server connect failed. Try again later or download patch manually from right side menu." I tried unpacking the game and the patch anew, and it again begins to update, and again I get "MU" error message, etc.

Wasted two days for this already... Can somebody please upload the full client that I won't have to update before playing? Cause update apparently is broken, and thus I can't play the game. Thanks in advance.

2. Enderx

Enderx Member

Hi, delete the unpacked folder, and unpack it again, download the patch and apply it, and use BlizzardMU.exe to join in the game. Main.exe no.

3. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Why wasting 2 days when you could come here and write us directly?

We have no FTP updater for now so check Enderx method. If it doesn't work, disable your antivirus and firewall or add the MU folder to exceptions.

4. Batanaka

Batanaka Member

I didn't realize I have to use BlizzardMu.exe instead of main.exe. Anyway, it's working for me now, thanks.