character migration system

Discussion in 'Archive' started by KraMer, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KraMer

KraMer Anor Nó Mille Fortis Supporter

so now that the network has grown to 3 muonline servers with different rates i thought it would be time for a thread like this

would it be possible (or rather do you have the resources to) build an automated migration system between the servers of the network?

imo the system should cover both, items and levels/resets

items tradeable for credits when moving from server to another and levels to levels/resets

like this

50resets in eternalmu = 10 resets in diablomu = level200 in blizzardmu (and for next resets 1 level per reset)

items ...give each item a certain value in credits and options multiply the value

any opinions?

Shine likes this.
  2. Universe

Universe Member

I thought this, but i think that this as a fast server, u shouldn't be able to transfer from here to the other 2. I think as it is new, you can transfer from Diablo/Blizzard to Eternal if you want, making it as a premium service like changing the nick or transfering a pj in the same server.

3. tdor

tdor Member

Hey! Here's my point of view in the matter. Please note that my opinion only reflects what I think.

Item wise"
    "items tradeable for credits when moving from server to another "​

The reason I don't support this is because of the donation system in EternalMu. Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the other servers you are not allowed to donate for credits to use in the webshop.. While on EternalMu, you do. I feel like that would cause an imbalance on the other servers, and don't support this unless the system is the same in all servers. (ex: Donation allows you to buy credits in all, OR No donation to buy credits allowed in all servers.)

===

Level wise
    "levels to levels/resets
    like this:
    50resets in eternalmu = 10 resets in diablomu = level200 in blizzardmu (and for next resets 1 level per reset)"

I don't enjoy that concept. The reason is, I think players should have to work up the ladder to greatness. So I would not like to see that be changed.
    ====

Once again, this is MY sole opinion. Thank you for your suggestion!

Shine likes this.
  4. KraMer

KraMer Anor Nó Mille Fortis Supporter

there are already vote credits, imo it wouldnt hurt if you could add your items from the other 2 servers to those. (vote system is used on all 3 servers)

true...well maybe the levels too could be converted to credits?

5. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

This is a really bad idea and neither me or Gix will ever support it. We are not competing against eachother.
    Your intentions are good but this is just not fair. Everyone would level up on EternalMu in this case.