Anti-Hack/MuGuard false alarm : HFS Http File Server Software

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raspberry, May 14, 2013.

1. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Hi guys,

Not sure if here is the right place to contact or not but I suppose it's a good start.

When I launch Blizzard Mu every time, on launch it will auto exit and send me to a MuGuard Warning page which says "Cheat detected with memory scanning method.", it closes down my HFS (HTTP File Sharing) software and on next launch I can play fine. If I manually close the software before launching then again, everything launches fine.

The problem I have is I want to keep this software running as it enables me to share out all the media files (have a big HDD on this PC) I want in a controlled fashion (user accounts with different privileges, easy setup, throttling bandwidth, works fine with all different OS in use etc. which all makes it better than standard windows file sharing) to the rest of my family. This software has nothing to do with gaming or providing me any advantages in games and I would appreciate it if it could please be white listed.

Link to software in question : HFS ~ HTTP File Server

* The MuGuard Warning page asks me to submit a "llahlog.dat" file in the MuGuard folder but that file is nowhere to be found.

** Please let me know if I can provide any other kind of logs to help you determine that this software is indeed not suspicious.

EDIT : To clarify, it is error 017

Cheers,

Raspberry

2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Hello. Send a private message to Gix with your skype id or other livechat platform so he can take a dump32 of your process and add it to the MuGuard whitelist.

Raspberry likes this.
  3. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Cheers IceHeart, spoke with Gix on MSN last week and he took some info away via TeamViewer

Gix : Hey mate sorry to bump this just wanting to check up on the current state of affairs regarding patching MuGuard to white list this particular software. Cheers

4. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Yep, took the CRC32 code but unfortunately had no time to install and check it on my own computer too in order to see if the CRC will be the same. I'll try to do it by the end of the week and probably I'll send you a separate file since there is no reason to update all library for just one exception.

Sorry for keep you waiting.

Raspberry likes this.
  5. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Raspberry likes this.
  6. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Thanks for the help mate, unfortunately my BlizzMu client still closes with MuGuard error 017 when I launch this software. At least this time there is a llahlog.dat file generated by MuGuard. Have sent email to the address provided on the MuGuard error page, hopefully that'll help you guys get to the bottom of this.

Cheers