Add an Edit option to the forums?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by PingPong, Feb 12, 2013.

1. PingPong

PingPong Member

Either that or make a developing forum for guides, because it's hard to work out all the problems in a single post vs editing your post 100 times.

No edit button makes me just not want to improve my guide, since all the info that was incorrect/changed cannot be altered by me.

So either an make the forums editable after 1-2 hours or add a subforum where editing is possible.

Hope this can be done.

2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

We will not make a permanent EDIT button simply due to security settings. Any big forums will tell you the same.

There are plenty of guides already but if you wish to contribute just quote your first post, edit what you want to edit by previewing a new reply, save the CODE content into a .txt file, upload it and send it to me. I will edit your main post with the extra/edited info.

3. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

Gix could there be a option added for the Sale section with permanent editing ? So we can make 5 sections BK - SM - etc . ?

4. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

As i said, permanent editing is out of question. Just bump your thread whenever you need it - it won't be considered spam.