CHANGES - DISABLE FO Items Donations - WE NEED YOUR OPINION !!!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Gix, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Dear DiabloMU Players,

Since the Season 6 is almost finished and i can guarantee it's gonna be a great success, i've also thinked on some major changes that I suppose it will bring great benefits.

So here are the changes i've got in my mind so please think before making your vote:

1. We'll disable VIP and NON-PvP servers so a PvP server and Event (Castle Siege) server will be available.
    As soon as we reach again 300+ online players we'll add a second pvp subserver

What this means? Simple ... a bigger and united community, more competition for everyone since all players will be on one server.

2. I've already established that max stats will be 32767 since 65000 brings some bigger disadvantages over all classes and the reset stats system will be the same but you will get 350 points per rr reaching max stats at 360 resets which should be done pretty fast.

The most important thing of all. I've thinked of taking out all donation items. There will be a VIP Account feature that will double your exp, increase some success rates and bring some features such as extravaults, etc
    There will also be a feature called VIP Money which you'll be able to buy on a cheap price.
    Those who already donated DO NOT WORRY. We kept our promise since 2006 and we are planning to do it now as well. Instead of a FO items +13 you'll get a +3 option items at yourchoice and probably at +15 with no additional money cost.

How will this benefit? Simple... everyone will equal when it comes to pvp and everything. I've took away some defence and dmg from the new customised items anyway since they were a bit too strong.

So there will be smth like VIP Account, FO Wings and VIP Money available for donations. No more sets, weapons, shields, etc

Some other changes have been made to bring more competition such as pack of jewels as reward in bc event, deleted plenty of custom items so there are about 5-7 custom sets for each char left and some weapons. Everything is now better thinked when it comes to new events and also this time you will be able to get all customised and old items to +15.

I want you guys to comment on my thoughts and also make a vote

tjcv, BIiZzArDK, odiesergs08 and 12 others like this.
  2. calvi1n973

calvi1n973 Member

Personally i think that the one server idea would be great, as its always nice to see everyone together.

And as it is right now not many people even use server 2 anyways. And having vips to be able to gain their benefit exp while leveling with non vips is a good idea too!

odiesergs08 and Fullmetal like this.
  3. Gix

there are also 6 new buffers integrated. 3 for normal chars and additional 3 for vip

Let's not forget S6 has the brilliant Quest System which includes about 200 quests :)

I need some opinions about 3rd point too

odiesergs08, KagulA and enm4nuel like this.
  4. eZ3kieL

eZ3kieL Member

Niceeee :yahoo: , now you can play 1vs1 whit a bk...finaly ..

i have only one question...the reset haves a exact price ?:whistling:

5. mandolinu

mandolinu Supporter

Great news, those changes as you said will bring together the community and we will not be separated in one thousand sub servers :p
    As always the team comes with great changes to make the game more interesting and entertaining. "Bring them on!!!" should be the new motto :))

6. enm4nuel

enm4nuel Well-Known Member

well all is ok but only 1 serve pvp maybe no good because here still some molest player , i prefer 1 serve (non pvp) and 1 serve pvp :)

KagulA and PreSioSa like this.
  7. andreey

andreey Member

I love the 2nd point . But as always DGN team comes with something new , interesting and entertaining . Personally i think that this is the best choices for a better community :D

8. Aaape

Aaape Well-Known Member

This sounds great. Specially the 3rd part. Would definitely balance the PvP factor and lessen the tension betweeen donors and non donors. I remember back in S3 Palos and other people who hadn't donated even single dime to buy F.O items, were able the challenges F.O donors, only with 2 option sets. Now donors having "only" 3 option sets max would truly make it interesting.

Will exce + ancient set combination still exist? Because it would be something with truly unbalancing effect in my opinion.

Dunno about the reset system. I found the S3's lower exp but no stat rr -system more comfortable. But hey, if the majority likes it the current way then I'll just have to deal with it ^^

Anyways, with the planned changes mentioned above, I guess S6 will attract quite more people online than previous season did :wink:

enm4nuel and PreSioSa like this.
  9. eZ3kieL

eZ3kieL Member

Another question... rings will be the same , 3 op only .. no ?

10. Aaape

Aaape Well-Known Member

Well if it's said that F.O item's options will be reduced down to 3 options, then logically it should be that way. Since F.O is F.O, no matter what it is.

11. Gix

enm4nuel , that is true as well but this will make you stay even more online so you can get your revenge.

My first server when i started MU was a single server pvp and i must tell you their team sucked a lot, but the thinking strategy they had was brilliant.

Anyway i've looked for some low exp servers that got success and they are not many ... max 5 and pretty much the reason of opening a new server should be just because of online players number.

As i've said ... should be a lot better by brining a continous competition among players

Also ingame items have been rethinked entirely and there will be no more exc+socket items. Max exc or socket items options available on server will be 3 but it will be pretty rare ofc.

Aaape, only those who donated will receive +3 opt sets instead. Except that, no one will be able to buy any other item exc/socketed set, weapon or shield. Only VIP Status, VIP Money and Wings will be available for donations

odiesergs08, Lisbeth, jepatu and 2 others like this.
  12. Cruel

Cruel Supporter

just 1 question, what will happen to exc + ancient set that have been bought?

sayfar likes this.
  13. Gix

i guess we'll split them in two separate sets

jepatu likes this.
  14. enm4nuel

enm4nuel Well-Known Member

yep sephi 100% true i can get revenge :)

PreSioSa likes this.
  15. Lion

Lion Supporter

Awesome

No more AFK players :weee::weee:

Great ideea, now will be more competition between players.

Lisbeth and enm4nuel like this.
  16. Ardeal

Ardeal Supporter

I'm not agree with the third proposal.
    Initially i though that a 3 opt set is a good ideea instead Fo set but let's think right.
    Players who donated for FO sets should get back FO set, not 3 opt set, as soon as the donated items are life time guaranted (as u said)

thanks

17. Aaape

Aaape Well-Known Member

Well, the items aren't going anywhere, they still will be there after S6, with 3 options. While as no new players playing S6 can even obtain 3 option sets (excluding Lord Mix). So it's pretty fair.

18. Ardeal

Ardeal Supporter

if luck and add are not considered options, then changing FO sets in 3 opt sets is not a bad ideea.
    A set with luck+add+ref+dsr+dd will looks great.
    So, this is a big question; luck + add are considerend options?

BIiZzArDK likes this.
  19. Gix

What options do you really care in a set except ref, dsr, dd? :) Items are given back and in case of smth they will be replaced with the best ones available and having all of these still give you a good advantage. Anyway our interest is to gain more players but same time i'd say we always respected and will respect our policy despite some of you that trade the items in the past and should have been punished back then

Most of you that replied here don't even play anymore and wait for a wipe or different things. Well having more online players and bigger competition will keep you more active

Lisbeth, jepatu, enm4nuel and 5 others like this.
  20. JimmyCool

JimmyCool Member

Write your opinion too, don't just vote!!! We need it!!!

Lion likes this.