Hey Gix , what are the server intentions for the long run ?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by jamescicio, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

First of all , Happy new year !

I wanted to know what is your future vision for blizzard mu ? Will there be a update soon ? ( I personally don't like ex700 -.- the interface sucks ).

I remember from season 4 ep 2 that when the wipe came you did an upgrade to the season 6 ep 3 , will there be a update to ex700 and a wipe?

Is there any chance you can keep the season 6 ep 3 interface and upgrade to ex700 :D?

Thanks man and keep up the good work.

2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

I hate the ex700+ interface myself and well, as always, Webzen didn't do shit except adding some new items and pentagram system together with some extra skill tree skills. Eventually we will have to upgrade as well but we're not planning to do this too soon though.

In my opinion and some other oldschool players, S6 EP3 seems to be the best version after S3 EP1 (yea, all seasons between these versions are crap) but unfortunately you cannot keep it's interface over the ex700+ one so once you have upgraded, you will have to stick to that one. Who knows, maybe Webzen will change the interface again in Season 20, instead of re-writing this game from scratch or improve its graphic engine.

3. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

Hm , can i propose an idea ?

As you know people were mad because certain events weren't working 100% on the server s6 ep 3.

If you ever think of making a fresh wipe , maybe you could make a new s6 ep 3 server with 100 % working everything and that would result in another 2 years of good mu online :D ( with no pentragram crap , acheron maps , new crappy sets -.- ).

I just want a major server to keep s6 ep 3 alive .. because ex 700 is really bad :(. And i know that the reset usually happens every 2-3 years but depends.

4. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

Better working files S6E3 + undying blizzard mu = best fun ever

5. Gix

There is no such thing as 100% working James, you should know it best as you played GMO as well. Each server files will have it's flows even premium files so the non-working things from here may work on other files while other stuff that work for us are going to be bugged there such as non-working BC8, CC, Raven, etc in MuEngine (just an example). If there will be a better alternative in the future we will definetly consider it. Don't also forget that MU community is dying because Webzen launches the new seasons for money and money alone and players are starting to become more and more lazy forgetting how they played this game few years ago with no minimizer, autolooter and with plenty of bugs that they could live with just fine.

Digimortal, gratz. Batman just gave you a thumbs up for your comment :D

[​IMG]

jamescicio and Digimortal like this.
  6. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

I know there isn't 100% working , that's why i say at the next reset of the server you get s6 ep 3 100 % working :D and you don't have to upgrade to ex700 :( . Do i have any chance of denying the upgrade to ex700 ^^? For the love of God i hope so . I hate ex700 stupid vault and shop option that keep moving and you must always place them to the let's call it original mu position .

I'm trying to say that yay we had like 2 years of blizzard s6 ep 3 :D , now we can get another 2 years of a fresh database s6 ep 3 with everything working and then someday faaaar in the future ex700 but like 10 years ^^ xDDD. ( i really hate it.. and global also sucks with it's crappy new minning stuff..)

7. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

League of legends become stale?

8. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

Holly snitzel , liam i forgot to give you an answer , no it didn't but you miss the afk experience :D ! And the timed battles , the events etc. This game let's you have more free time and game while you live your life , whereas league takes to much time , even 2 games of league ( 45 minutes each ) will eat more time than you play mu in a day ( check if they are connected etc.) . I miss mu :( , i hate ex700...

9. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

About the better files : MUEngine !

Cheaper then Titans Tech.
    Btw BC8 quest item is already fixed.
    Bugged ML skills : AG recovery rate , Infinite arrow strenghtener , command attack increase , pet durability strenghtener
    Bugged skills - Dark side not properly working

Even Double goer and Imperial Guardian events are working. Only with minor bugs on Double Goer !sometimes!

MUE got great custom events.

Gix, you wont be flamed about not working stuff cuz everything is working. Players won't be pissed cuz everything is working. 1 fresh start with new database + MUE files + same name BlizzardMU ( cuz trust me lots of players know that name and they also know that server is stable and longterm) + keep the low rates + you will make james happy xD.

10. KraMer

KraMer Anor Nó Mille Fortis Supporter

should there be a wipe and change of files to mue I might consider returning for a half year or so as well :whistling:

also hi everybody

11. Gavileitor

Gavileitor Member

Reset is not a solution, maybe new versión but with no reset

12. Gix

@Digimortal, It took the MuE owner about a year to fix the BC8 bug and there are a lot more glitches than you mentioned.

In case you didn't noticed my post here is a quote from one of his most active customers:

Lately he made different promos and that is a reason to see that he only plans to get more money and just do nothing.

Those minor bugs are not that minor for the flamers and haters our there as we have stuff way less important than those and they are considered "critical" by some players who will never understand private gameservers.

Also, cheaper doesn't always means better so for the moment I have no plans on doing that. I'm just not feeling safe to change everything else so the next day I see messages like the ones you can see in those prints and well .. get ignored again for something that I just paid.

Eric (MuE owner) is focusing on MuPH server as that is his main interest. Some of you may not know but he actually scammed his customers and closed MuEngine some months ago then he decided to support back the files which sometimes can take weeks up to months so everything is instable with that guy. Those files are just not a priority for him and every mu server files will have flaws, no matter the team name.

Also, I stopped caring about flamers. They can always choose another server which wipes their db to get money and find stupid reasons or that eventually it is going to die slow and come up with a new name to make some more cash. These is the strategy of today's server and there are plenty of live examples of that.

Unfortunately MU has become less and less popular because there are so many servers launched everyday and most of players are naive enough to split a lot among server, some of them ask just too much from a private server when even the official one is dying and has tens of other issues, just few of them know how to support a server and lately if you would check different advertising forums you will see that the low-exp servers area is starting to going down as well. We were one of the few servers that started with the concept of 10x / 30% and I've loled when I see lately that lots of server are following this scheme that brought us quite some success, but unlike us, most of the servers will eventually vanish and so will the money that donators paid for.

@KraMer, do me a favour and stop suggesting things for our low exp server. You're not a low exp player, you're not an active player on our servers and you get bored fast. Stability isn't one of your qualities.

@Gavi, the new versions sucks. In my opinion webzen is ruining this game more and more everyday.
    The last acceptable version is S6 EP3 and the previous before that is S3 EP1

For the moment there is still no better alternative (there is a thread with detailed explanation about this) but definetly, when there will be you guys will be the first to know about.

PS: James you don't have to bump a month+ old thread by repying with a "league of legends" answer. You have the PM feature.

13. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

i'd also be back :D , if gix keeps the s6 ep 3 with bigger updates :D . it would be lovely xD

Gix likes this.
  14. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

Sorry Gix for bumping it . I really miss mu online :'(. You make me proud by standing by your word ! Keep Blizzard alive and please never update to ex700 ... i wish it would die :(. Good luck Gix ! Peace

15. Gix

Well, I do have some news :)

I'm pretty much decided on the next premium server files that we will be going to use. It's pretty much obvious that Titans Tech is now dead and I doubt they will start developing again so it's time for us to move on and pick a new team. Although I am disgusted on how MU servers operate nowdays and how people start launching low exp non-rr servers using our model 10x / 30%, hopefully players will be smart enough to choose the old good servers instead of new ones that see this game as a business.

Stay tooned as BlizzardMu is going to rock the mu community again, soon enough.

Once I'll be done preparing all stuff we need we will start the tests on the new premium files. This will take a while so keep having fun on the current server and have no worries as your character is safe with us.

16. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

O.O I'm interested in your words! I'll be around for any additional information!

17. Hopium

Hopium Member

in the last 9 months ive seen prolly 130 clones of your server settings essentially 90% closed within 2 months usually after the donation rush. kinda funny :D now there are so many no rr servers but all trash non gmo. i was on here yesterday and vulcanus was empty :[ we need some spice :thumbup1: what you got coming gix?

p.s. james is a nurd :dancing:

18. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

I'm intrigued.

Gix, as my last, maybe honour of your efforts and determination, I would be happy to test the files with you. Honestly, I don't believe many people know more about Mu Online than I do on a theoretical level, so consider this as you like.
    Thanks.

19. Gix

To be honest Hopium, I am disgusted of nowdays MU Servers, but I am even more disgusted of players because even if they play on a low-exp server they still have no idea on what GMO like means, but I'm not surprised. I had a talk with different admins of some servers and they have no clue about GMO. I might have forgotten some things myself but please, some of them are pathetic.

And yea, seems the new MU fashion is to open a 10x - 30% exp server, add donations and scam fast. On the other side, I am glad to see that hoping that players will know make the difference between quality servers and lame servers or so called "business" servers which were created to take money out of people then start fresh with a new name. I won't start giving out names but one of our first "clone server" wiped their database 3 times within few months blaming stupid reasons like corrupt database, hdd failure, etc and while I can understand this happening once, let's be serious, youi would do something about that 2nd and 3rd time.

Might sound stupid or not but there were couple of guys (especially one little kid who was obsessed on us for over a year) who were ddosing all new MU servers and that was a good thing because this way, the number of servers being launched everyday was way less than today.

I am currently trying to figgure if we should go with MuEngine, IGCN or Z-Team server files. I already saw some thread in a forum where some user opened such discussion but so far, I still have my doubts. I mean, MuEngine admin doesn't give crap about customers but content is pretty nice while bugs can take a lot to get fixed, IGCN is customisable, pretty fast updates but can't tell about the content (I might hire one of their private coders to do some exclusive changes/fixes for us though), Z-Team some new guys on the market with some damn awsome features but not too many settings to be costumised and well so far just a couple of servers are using their files and I got no time for no to go inside and check them out.

Titans Tech (our current dev team) is dead for quite some time so for those haters making stupid posts in the past, I'm curious on seeing them fixing stuff on a closed source instead of acting like morons. TT were good but seems that they lost interest completly.

Terrafrit likes this.
  20. Hopium

Hopium Member

as far as which to choose no clue but whichever shows most promise for s6 support indefinitely :D and as TT you can't really blame em looking at the current mu-scape and the path retail is going its probably inevitable.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.