Elf Soldier quests only count for killer, even in a party. Support Chars can't quest.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Sarsha, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Sarsha

Sarsha Member

Hey !

So i am using 5 clients to play.
    2 of my chars are support chars (EE and A-SM)

I started doing the elf soldier quests but ONLY the actual killer get the quest kill.

Am i not able to quest with my support chars ?
    I mean, i get that it's probably to prevent from other high lvls to farm those quests.
    But what about a situation like mine ?

Thanks.

2. Hopium

Hopium Member

no one is gonna waste their time fixing elf soldier quests.

3. Java

Java Member

There are servers out there where you are able to get kills with support characters...here you are unable to do that, if you want make support char, then in my opinion you should want used to the hard work they are to level and do quests and be used to having trouble...

It is the same way for level 400 quest, although if you think about it, you are able to use a character and bring down the hp alot and then kill it with the support char...making it easier to do the quests

4. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

yup all the quests are done up so only the killer gets the credit. makes the 380/400 quests fairly painful for some chars (especially support types). it's difficult but you also get back a good feeling when its all done.

5. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Fix what Hopium? Elf soldier quests are the default ones according to S6 EP3 official server. How can you fix something that it's ment to work like that?

As Raspberry says, quests are mostly for killers. Each char has it's own place in this game and thats why you call them support chars and killers, right?
    It is possible to finish everything with support chars as well, it's just that is going to be a little bit harder and you need to know the game.

For 380/400 quests i was using my killer character to damage the mobs and then camed with my support one and finish him. This was my strategy for my support characters against strong mobs.

6. Hopium

Hopium Member

thought he was talking about the ones that didn't count the kills period. he must have not found those yet ^^

7. Gix

But I have fixed those long time ago :p. All i needed was a proper report with screenshots and if I remember the player, Agap3 did that and the fix camed about a hour later or so. And no, he was not referring to that. It's about the high level mobs quests given by the elf soldier and I doubt there is any server that consider itself low exp and changed that. If so, then those are not the original quests anymore.

8. Sarsha

Sarsha Member

Even in global, the quest count for all party members (assuming they all have the same quest)
    Why make it harder then gmo ?

9. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

yeah this is one of the few things which i found to be strange here. i at least all class change quests on gmo including in s6ep3 worked with parties but for whatever reason, people here insist the opposite. on the plus side, all quests which require item drops have very high drop rates. took me roughly 2~3 of each boss to get the respective drops for 380 quest for example which is a massive improvement over gmo.

10. Sarsha

Sarsha Member

Yeah, but still, even tho this is considered as a hard server, it's still need to be a bit easier then GMO (In my opinion).
    And by being a hard server that means support characters are important here (Correct me if i'm wrong, i didn't got even close to hunting here)
    But the server is configured (Quest wise) againts those type of chars.

To tell the truth, as soon as i noticed that i stopped playing here since i love training support chars along side with my killer ones.

11. Gix

You're confusing this. GMO is not Season 6 Episode 3 and things have changed into eX702+ so don't compare S6 EP3 with eX702+

The currenty Elf Soldier quests are exactly as they were on GMO while Season 6 Episode 3. Neither we or the devs made this harder, it's just the default setting of MU S6 EP3 when these quests where introduced. I don't get it why people are playing this game but they want to change it completly. Wait for MuX in this case and maybe you'll like it more.

If the elf soldier quests are too hard for you then don't do them, simple as that. You got mobs to kill and gens quests to complete if you want jewels and since multiclient is allowed, there shouldn't be a problem.

Making elf quest easier, means changing all default mobs stats so you can easily kill them with your support chars, stats that are 100% GMO like since I have created them by hand in notepad, gathering exact data from each mob that exists in this game and I can assure you no other server did that.

After all, thats why you call them support chars and not killers. It's pretty logical.

12. Sarsha

Sarsha Member

Quests on GMO was always (almost) shared, even on Season 4.
    And i didn't ask to reduce the monsters strength, will never ask that.
    Just wanted to make the quests shared among party members, as it is on GMO.

PS.
    I'm playing another S6 server where quests ARE shared. (hard GMO like)
    But since that server prevent game content from non VIPs i'm looking for another alternatives.

13. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Might want to read that again mate, no one made a comparison with GMO in its current state. We know it's not S6EP3 anymore, where comparisons were made the server version was explicitly stated. Cheers.

14. Gavileitor

Gavileitor Member

Im gonna ask Gix if quest can change to make in party.

DARKSEID, Sarsha and Raspberry like this.
  15. Sarsha

Sarsha Member

Thanks.

16. Agape

Agape Member

There's nothing to fix on that, quests are meant to work like that... Also I don't really see the need of doing those quests since they give useless items for a server like this where you can get/make better item than those really easy, those were meant to be helpful for oficial servers where things are way harder... And the exp, oh! The exp! So useful at oficial servers, so useless here :)

17. Sarsha

Sarsha Member

It doesn't matter, all quests including class change (lvl 150, 220, 380 and 400) was always do able with a party.
    So if you were a support character you can do those quests with a party.

I didn't really got to a high enough lvl to get jewels (stoped at about 120 because of this issue)
    But at that lvl i felt that those +8 drg \ leg etc sets could really help me.

18. Hopium

Hopium Member

you can't stop at 120 because you don't have jewels, that mentality will get you no where in mu, if you are having trouble at 120 when 350 hits and you need an actual set ot get get xp you're gonna be in a world of hurt. what you need to do is farm a decent set out of medals. you gonna grind to 150 and prolly not do your 220 quest till lvl 300 unless you manage to guild up and get some gear. those quests are wasting your time... make a macro asking for pt or noob items and your class and post it but don't spam it maybe i'll catch you online.

Agape likes this.
  19. Sarsha

Sarsha Member

I didn't stopped because of the jewels.
    I stopped because of the quests behavior.

20. Enderx

Enderx Member

Well, about the quest's i think the same, they should be working on party, but if they not, that's not a reason to stop playing so please.