ALWAYS DC

Discussion in 'Archive' started by focksinen, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. focksinen

focksinen Member

i played this BlizzardMU but when i log in my 3 accounts i always get DC. it only happens in this server only. but in other server that we play before we didn't experience this kind of DC. it may log me a minute then it will DC.. i hope that there is a great solution for this problem. thanks for your concern..

2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

You haven't provided use enough info so we can help you.

Do you get dc/ed when adding a 3rd account only? It works fine while playing with a single account?

Have you called your ISP? as you said that you've played another server before but it may happen to actually have connection issues that started recently

3. Gavileitor

Gavileitor Member

I have same problem , but its random main crash my problem.

Add: the problem happens when i log on 1 or 6 accounts , its random.

4. focksinen

focksinen Member

it works fine when only one account is connected, but when i open my second and third account all DC, i'm not playing in any other server now.. i mean it didn't happen to other server that i played before. i deleted the other server, but nothings change. maybe i will check my network first. then i will post here if its still the same.. by the way thanks for your concern.. ^_^

5. focksinen

focksinen Member

i already check my connection, it is stable and good, but still when i log 3 accounts, 2 accounts get DC in a minute the the remaining account get DC in another minute...

6. Selfless

Selfless Member

i had the same problem...right now i've been able to stay online without a crash...i think it may have something to do with the rundll process...i could be wrong though...if you can end that process then try it...

7. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

Simple answer.

The anti-hack here uses up more memory than other servers, making your computer to run faster.
    Making your computer run faster makes your computer heat up more.
    Computer overheats, causing lag.
    Lag causes you to de-sync, making the gameserver think you are losing connection for even a milisecond.
    de-sync causes DC.

It's the only explanation for this type of DC. Network will not be the issue if you can connect with one account, it would simply work with the others. For you to get network shortage, you would have to connect maybe 100 accounts to get anywhere near enough lag for you to DC. Mu does not need a high internet speed to run.

I would suggest you only use 1-2 accounts from now on.

Can I ask, does your fan get louder when you start more accounts? If yes, then this proves even more of my theory.

8. Gavileitor

Gavileitor Member

I play whit one account and i have mu guard DC or main crash anyway , few minutes ago i got dc.

9. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

Crash and DC are different.

10. focksinen

focksinen Member

my fan don't get loud even i use five or four accounts... 4 days before i'm using 5 accounts here but no DC.. then the day after i only uses 3 accounts but nothing after. then this past 2 days DC came up and i don't know why.. i only uses 3 accounts then DC attacks me.. it did not crash cause crash will have a message after you disconnect.. mine has a "disconnected to server" on it's screen...

11. Selfless

Selfless Member

sounds like isp problems

12. Gix

If it worked fine before and started acting like this recently then indeed there may be some issues with the ISP. And yes, small network hicups can disconnect you.

@Terra, i've seen P II users playing here with no issues and nowdays 80% of hosted servers are using muguard so your statement is not true. Also, overheat may be caused more than CPU rather than RAM usage. Also, the de-syny is as well mostly caused by CPU big usage which we all know it's been like this for ages and MU still keeps using a lame ammount of CPU.

13. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

That's what I mean, although small network hickups can DC you, it's unlikely that only 2 of 3 accounts get DC due to it. unless the network slows down to a very low speed then this would be possible. It just sounds more likely to be de-sync and overheating problems more than ISP. As I said, Mu uses 0.5% of an average persons network, for you to get DC you would notice it in any regular webpage, because it would take forever to load. Also to note, if two accounts get DC, then the one remaining account online MUST be getting major lag if the network slowed down to that point. It would be noticable. Although overheat and de-sync, you would never really know unless you downloaded a speedfan program.

Gix likes this.
  14. Gix

Since the OP probably fixed that already i'm gonna close the thread.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.