REBEL guild logo

Discussion in 'Archive' started by PingPong, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PingPong

PingPong Member

So the rules say:

Choice of name and flag: Not to be insulting, discriminatory, or use a title similar to our staff.

Penalty: Guild deletion. Permanent suspension of the guild master.

[​IMG]

First thing that popped into my mind was swastika, which in turn led my thoughts to Nazis. While not insulting personally it does provoke thoughts of tyranny and cruelty in my mind.

Thoughts, ideas?

Blaivas likes this.
  2. Gavileitor

Gavileitor Member

its like a nazi symbol...

3. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Lots of kids and people use such sign nowdays without knowing it's true meaning.
    Also, i don't quite understand what you have to do with nazi. You're not a German citizen and not even an european one.

This game isn't reffering to politics so definetly we cannot talk about deletion or permanent bans here.

jamescicio likes this.
  4. PingPong

PingPong Member

Not talking about a permanent ban, but a change of livery would go a long way.

Wiki

And Estonia is a part of EU since 2004. Also during the WWII Nazi Germany invaded us and sent many people into concentration camps. None of my close relatives, but some relatives did meet their end with the german invasion and following "cleansing".

Being in valley of loren and seeing huge swastikas on the flags made me really want to leave the place. I don't think it would be much to ask to change their logo.

Blaivas likes this.
  5. xxane4real

xxane4real Member

A swastika is a symbol. It has many DIFFERENT associations. Many of which do not pertain to Nazi's or Germany. Obviously, this meaning is prominent to you as a European with such cultural impacts, however your assumption that this is a swastika representing Nazi's is just simply incorrect. The Swastika itself is a 3,000 year old symbol. So, take it however you please but do not threaten deletion for misunderstanding. Refer to History of the Swastika for more information regarding the swastika. Thank you.

Gix likes this.
  6. PingPong

PingPong Member

So on which version is your swastika based upon? Doesn't really matter. It's ugly, insulting and banned in multiple countries to use.

Doesn't matter that nazis didn't think of it. They tained it. Now it has become the symbol of fascism and nazism. It is used till this day in Russia.

Not so hard to change a logo to something that isn't so closely related to torture and injustice is it?

From your own link

SheHulk likes this.
  7. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Good explanation xxane4real

Anyway as i have already said, this is a game and isn't reffering to politics, civil wars and stuff. As long as you don't see them saying "heil hitler" on every action they are doing ingame in order to offed someone then you shouldn't care.

Also, if you would have paid attention i was replying to Gavileitor who is from AR and last time i have checked AR was not an EU country and was not related in any way with nazist Germany, etc.

This has nothing to do and it's not related to games.
    I haven't seen this sign to be banned even on official gameservers that hold huge ammount of players just because they reason i've been telling.

Case closed.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.