Game Master Apprenticeship application

Discussion in 'Archive' started by PingPong, Feb 15, 2013.

1. PingPong

PingPong Member

Hello,

1. Karell
    2. 22
    3. Estonia

4. GMT+2
    5. PingPong/Joller
    6. Got to level 80 on the official, played a few private servers.
    7. None.
    8. I'm friendly, moderately unbiased, creative and active. I also like the game and would like this low xp server to succeed.

All the best

2. Hopium

Hopium Member

you might want to add more info and skills you offer to his team outside of just mu in example graphics design management experience etc. lots of info = higher success rate. if you put effort into the application it shows more interest in the position. also how long you have actually played mu might help too also favorite season and things you like about blizzardmu in particular.

3. PingPong

PingPong Member

I don't have any other skills to add that are relevant really, and to be honest the only time I've seen an Game Master/Admin online was when Dino/Nova was removed and that was like a minute. Haven't seen any other GM messages since.

Unless there's an US GM, I think the current number of active GMs is 0.

I'm just trying to help out, not get some magical power position for which I need hours of dedication.

Terrafrit likes this.
  4. PingPong

PingPong Member

I'll withdraw my application, too much shit ingame about it. Clearly we don't need any events or new GMs

5. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Yep, someone that cannot handle stress will quit as you already did even before trying :) You should know that gamers are a real pain sometimes so you have to be tough.

By the way, most GMs eventually had no time for games or they simply couldn't handle the stress but that doesn't mean the game is not monitored. As for events, you simply cannot expect for daily events on a low rate server that has pretty much everything automated and already available for the player.

6. PingPong

PingPong Member

The events are in favour of higher level players though.

A community that hates you even before you become GM, because you're on one guild. Just doesn't make me want to improve the server for people who will hate me no matter what I do.

Best of luck to all other applicants though :)

7. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

Let me just say that if you would be part of the team doesn't automatically mean you would improve it. By any means if you are integrated in game play and other activities you might fall into temptation , but thank goodness you retreated .

Peace out !

8. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Is that so? You need a high level for the Hide and Seek event? You need a high level for Golden Invasions ?
    Events are in favour of team play, thats what is this game all about. First of all you have to party with other players but most of you are too obsessed of loosing exp instead of going to stronger mobs together and getting more. Next, it's pretty obvious the purpose of this game is to gain items and get a higher level. You are playing by webzen's rules since they created this game.

Currently, all monster database is copied word by word and value by value after the original GMO published monster stats so yea, it's supposed to be harder as you grow your character and want to get even better items.

You must have caused this hate yourself right? I really doubt someone would hate you without doing anything. As i said, gamers are mainly jerks and this is available for most of games not MU. Few of them though respect other people work and spent time, but not everyone :)

Also, what if they hate you? Is that a problem? Even if you were to be a secret GM you would have been discovered anyway after some time. As i have said, you have to be strong since lots of players will never understand what respect for private servers means, they'll never understand the stress around a private server, spent time, money spent and many other things. If you cannot live with that then you will eventually break down.

9. PingPong

PingPong Member

What i meant that the events are in favor of higher level players was that golden drops are 10x BoK+5, only killable by RFs or a team with an EE. Then there is 3 BoK+4, 2 of which are killable only by RFs. Meanwhile BoK+1, BoK+2 hunting is nonexistant and I think only 2 or 3 BoK+1 drop and 3 BoK+2? Not 100% sure on BoK+1 and +2, because there is noone who hunts them.

Blood Castle, Devil Square are very hard to survive for any class without dd set +7. Of course with a team of 5-10 people it might be much easier.

Leveling up is fine, not too slow, because AFKing is allowed.

As for the hate, well there wasn't really much of it, but the players are very poisonous. So many insults and slandering going on daily. Monitoring that kind of crowd is really hard work and I don't have the energy to check for hacks/bots and still keep the community in check.

I like the server, but I'd love to see the people grow up a bit and take it as a bit of fun and hold their personal pride to themselves and accept friendly competition.