Main not launching

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Luviae, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Luviae

Luviae Member

Hello everyone,

Sorry that my first post is a problem. I can't seem to run the client on Windows 7 (x64) neither me or my brother can (My pc: Asus N43jF Specs).

The weird thing is that a friend of ours has an Asus pc too but with windows 8 and can run the game without problems.

Here is the llalog (In zip and hosted in Mega, the attachment Wizard didn't let me upload it)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!o1ABlYbQ!bicdcVCCkbH-rlMGtFwYXgLdOjo_FRNck6asJOgnNnQ

We've tried every suggestion I know and read on the client (Deactivating DEP, Activating and adding exceptions, deactivating antivirus when installing, adding exceptions, deactivating while trying to run) I've had this problem before, I think its probably muguard, that's why I send the log, maybe a program is making some conflict.

Thank you for all the help, We're really excited to play this server.

2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Well llaglog.dat is needed only when launching the game is being blocked by the warning message.

You cannot run the main.exe at all right? What exactly happens here? Are you trying to run launcher/main and nothing happens, or you manage to get onto the loading screen?

Have you tried to change main.exe compatibility to w7 32bit, winxp sp2 and/or 2000 ?

3. Luviae

Luviae Member

Nothing happens at all... The launcher opens, I click Play and the launcher closes and nothing else happens. I've tried to run with and without admin priviledges, setting authority to all users and only me, tried with every compatibility mode and I keep getting the same results.

4. Gix

Are you running the launcher/main from my computer directly or from a software that is simillar with TC (total commander)?

5. Luviae

Luviae Member

Directly from a partition of my HDD.

I Downloaded other servers, trying to find if they work, some do, some others don't. I found one which work and replaced the main.exe from the working server into the BlizzardMU folder, the launcher works, the main opens but it doesn't connect to the servers (as expected) maybe that info helps you a bit. I'm trying hard to make this work.

Ninjaedit: Tested your main with the other server's launcher and it works too, it's just the combination from your launcher/main.

6. Gix

I would suggest uninstalling the client first and make sure the entire folder is deleted after that.

Deactivate firewall/antivirus, re-download the full client and extract it into a different partition C, D, etc but different than the previous installation.
    Try running again the game having the firewall and antivirus off.

Also, is the server that worked for you and replaced the main.exe with the BlizzardMu folder using MuGuard as well? If not try finding one that uses MuGuard and replace just main.exe but make sure the version is 1.04D Season 6 Episode 3 and it should work as the connect data is taken from main.dat of muguard folder.

PM me with your YM / MSN / Skype ID if none of these worked.

7. Luviae

Luviae Member

I downloaded another server with muguard (but different version) and it runs perfectly. I tried doing what you said (new partition, no antivirus, etc) and it still doesn't work. I'm downloading a 1.04D (1.04.04) with gameguard right now and I'll test the main. If this doesn't work I'll PM my Skype.

Thanks for all the help.

8. Gix

Your welcome. As you said, this isn't the first time is happening and you had it on other servers so yea it's quite strange but it may happen.

Btw i forgot to ask: what video card are you using? ATI or nVIDIA ?

9. Luviae

Luviae Member

I got nVidia, my brother has ATI, neither work on this server. I just downloaded another server (#####), it has the same version, muguard, etc and it doesn't work either. If I swap the main.exe from ##### to blizzar it reddirects me to this webpage (MuGuard Warning) but it seems like it runs a bit better (Gameguard logo shows and pops to that website, so its working). I tried with a default 1.04D main found on Ragezone and it runs ok, launches but show no server list.

10. Gix

How about not mentioning the other server name as you are breaking the forum rules?

Obviously the altered main.exe warning isn't better than "not launching at all"

Have you got netframework 4 installed and visual c++ 2008 redistributable packages both x86 and x64 installed? If not, install them and try again

LE: Wait few minutes as i am updating the guide a bit and also gonna offer you exactly the softwares you have to install.

LE 2: Updated http://blizzardmu.com/index.php?page_id=fixcrash

11. Luviae

Luviae Member

I will try the nvidia thing. I'll report back.

12. Luviae

Luviae Member

Nothing worked. Tried in safe mode, nothing works either. Another server with muguard works fine (but its a different version). Other server with the same version and mugard is working now and wasn't working before.

My main.exe MD5 checksum is: a40b1b0be993d8619c166f20e1a596a2
    Maybe something happened to my main.exe

13. Luviae

Luviae Member

I GOT IT

Ok, I figured out what were the real problems.

First of all... Every game that uses gameguard caused muguard to not launch the main (If it's allowed, the games I had installed were: Aion and Raiderz)

Then, I got all the error coders from muguard, I figured out I had the League of Legends replay program on. I closed and it worked like a charm.

Thank you very much Gix for your help, the dedication you showed is what makes me think this is one of the real mu where the developers care for the players.

14. Gix

Hey there Luviae.

I'm really glad to hear that it's finally working and thank you for sharing the solution with us.

There may be other playes in the future that may also have the same issue with LoL replay program on.
    I'm gonna do a bit of research on this and add the solution to our official guide.

See you ingame, all the best :)