Server Update coming today. Opinion Needed

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Gix, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

Raise the quest drop rates .

2. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

for the one that stated a question about there are servers around with this exp ... the answer is no. I haven't seen many servers at all with 7x and after all since the marry exp will be disabled ( supposed to give 5x ) you can see most players agree with 7x so it's still a hard server. Remember after 400 you still got the skill tree (except summoner which is a good pvper already )

I haven't applied the update yesterday since i wanted to see more opinions but it's gonna be done today

PS: vote reward will give you credits for the webshop and will become active when we decide what to put inside. giving 1 lvl per day would be crazy :)

3. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

Sephiroth tell me you are considering raising the quest drop rate ?

4. Gix

yes, it will be risen

jamescicio likes this.
  5. Gix

Ok i have an idea.

I'm thinking on adding spots into stadium map but making exp 1x there :) Opinion ?

Yes / No ? What mobs , how many on spot, etc

I've already finished the file settings. Left to test the zen drop rate ( will do that while the server will be offline ) single and party. The party zen bonus will be back as well

6. Xurbus

Xurbus Supporter

I don't like the idea of "spots" in stadium, low servers shouldnt have spots

7. Kratos

Kratos Member

if its only 1x exp then you'd need 4-6 mobs to equal 3x normal spots...

my opinion...keep at 3x (when server exp raises) there and have only lower level map mobs there atlans 2/3, aida mobs, ...and some icarus...so it is somewhat of a good map to level on...but also have it so if character dies that they spawn in safe zone somewhere...no kanturu mobs because then gemstones could drop and be looted easier

8. Xurbus

Xurbus Supporter

The idea of putting spots in arena is bad, because depending on what monsters you have there like K1 will drop gemstone therefor noone will go hunting in Kanturu. Also the jewels dropped from arena spots will ruin the ingame market

9. Gix

Why the hell did i added those question? To see that you are lecturing about kantru mobs? Isn't that so damn obvious kantru mobs are not even inside this discussion?

Look on kratos suggestion about low lvl mobs such as atlans, aida max, maybe some bali but still 3x is big so only 1x should be here meaning if you wanna go afk you'll do it the hard way ... or 2x maximum.

Also i doubt jwls drop will influence the market since most jewels are taken from events, boxes, blizzpoints right? :)

Also probably in the next 1-2 week the muguard will be added to blizzardmu as well

So i still want some suggestions about this idea.

Arena having spots with low lvl mobs ( such as atlans, aida, lt, etc suggest more ) and a 2x exp and minimized drop. Yes xurbus, i can make a lame drop there like 1% and the player should only go afk and nothing more

10. Kratos

Kratos Member

will the seals work in stadium if you do this?

11. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

People , Sephiroth has said something that not even frienz mu did .

Bring arena to Blizzard Sephiroth , again an original idea :D .

Wow it would be nice to be able to do lvl 380 quest in arena hehe , not walking all the way from tarkan 2 to the place that zaikan respawns and add also the hell maine next to the spot , PEOPLE will come to the forum and say" Sephiroth f******* THANK YOU for adding zaikan , dark phoenix , and hell maine in arena" I have walked so much from aida 2 to where hell maine is , and from tarkan 2 to zaikan , at least dark pheonix is in arena :D.

Make nice spots in arena , who cares about picking up gemstones! Add kanturu mobs in arena also , but not a high spawn ( 2-3 spawn very good for mg/bk whatever who enjoys solo) , add more spawn to the original kanturu spots ! So people have more ( pff this makes me so happy) exp.

Do this sephiroth don't listen to no one but yourself ! This idea is awesome .

Don't forget , lower mob hp/attack/defense, RAISE 380 quest drop rate, add spots to arena , also include: zaikan / hellmaine in arena, raise % for soul to work ! ( if you consider so ) , bring all 3 white wizards home , kundun from kalima 7 drops good ancient items also x DK / grand viper staff , other kundun 5 - 6 drops great dragn / dragon soul / kundun excellent.

Don't forget to lower zen for moss and to raise exp to 7 . PEOPLE WILL GO INSANE. ( Btw sephiroth i made a donation to blizzardmu can you look into it ? thank you )

GO GO GO , i smell new players coming.
    Also make OFFICIAL RULE THREAD about looting whatever you want . Lets play legal.

Blizzard has the awesome admin ! Roar
    Amen !

12. Kratos

Kratos Member

sorry james but that is the most idiotic thing i have seen said here...bringing high level mobs to arena even at 1x exp is stupid...it makes lvl 380 quest easier...easier to (in your case) to autoloot gemstones etc.

sephi, i doubt if you'll put those 380 quest mobs in arena...but if you do...i know myself and a couple others will be leaving...cause then there would be no point...

James....level 380 quest and 400 are supposed to be hard...i.e. walking to the mobs etc....you just want it easier from what you said here...i agree on raising the drop for the quest items...but putting them in arena is obsurd

mob hp etc should be changed....k6 kundun should drop exc items and k7 should be ancients like it has always been...no 380 items...in my opinion level 380 exc should be removed...+13+hp+dd or ref+hp or dsr dd or whatever opts fit your build...and with JOH and 380 opts...you'd almost be unstoppable as a bk...it would be like having a full option set

13. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

No , it's not just about me, this is about every char that will play the server , the server is made to be enjoyed not wasting time walking , BUT NO PROBLEM Kratos , i will walk to finish quest , you seem to want to make people not enjoy questing.

Yes i auto loot , ok i do it , it is wrong, i want to change my ways , that's why i want sephiroth to tell us what we can / cannot use , that's why i donated.

Spin bots ! Selective looters ! Whatever you want sephiroth make it official , make it with ban ( not forever bans , but for 1 week or something like that ) we dont want to lose new players.

To you kratos , you said that you will leave if you don't complete set by december ! So let's see . Look at you fighting against my ideas so my life doesnt get easier. Sure ! don't add mobs in arena ! Ok , But kundun 7 drops ancients from apollo to hyon with normal rate ! or add a bit higher sine you are making me a favor with quest items , and the k6 raise hp and defense rate since kratos goes SOLO to kill k6 kundun .

14. Gix

seals will work in all maps but no, i ll never add 3rd quest mobs in arena.

As i ve said ... low pvp mobs only such as seaworms, lt mobs, atlans mobs, bali and aida thats maximum. No quest mobs, no kantru mobs or any other. Probably just some low bc lvl mobs and kalima (still low lvl )

Also again, i am suggestion this idea for exping while afk only but 2x exp and a lame drop so don't hope for jewels, etc. It will be a afk map only.
    I suppose 2x exp for an afk map having lower lvl mob spots is more than enough

keep this subject. Also according to answers received here we may delay again the update by tomorrow and that would be the last delay if enough answers won't be given here.

380 lvl items won't be removed since are part of mu and no, you can't beat a socket set with that even by having +joh ( especially since i've added the seed lvl 2 and 3 as it should be )

15. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

We already have mobs running around Stadium, they just arn't organised. Although I don't really agree on stadium, on a non reset server it dooes not make a difference. Either way doesn't bother me.

Quest drop should be increased.
    Exp either 7-10 is fine, discard marriage exp but keep trace.
    Fix bugs.
    Fix monster hp settings, if you need a original monster.txt, just ask.
    Raise soul rates and chaos machine rates a little.
    Re-launch the server if you have to with a new name. (fresh starts arn't always bad)
    Raise drop rate.
    Add something unique, like party exp bonus upgrade and such.

And probably most of all, in my opinion, update the server version. People who have come to this server have come for the nostalgia effect. You are forgetting something, not everyone wants that. There is such a small part of the mu community which are hardcore players. If you aim for a small portion of the population, you will get a small number count, it's as simple as that. No, i'm not saying raise the exp to 9999 which most want.

16. Kratos

Kratos Member

could we just have the update of everything but the stadium...since that seems to be what is holding us back...and then do the update for stadium after we get more opinions?

17. Xurbus

Xurbus Supporter

I've heard Erohim is not worth taking the time & killing him, because of the drops could you check into that ? :)

18. Opapa

Opapa Member

stadium bad idea

19. jasoncicio

jasoncicio Supporter

Well honestly if the quest rate is going to increase that's gonna be great 'couse im the runner up for Lvl 3 Quest ( GodofWar ) and knowing the way James hunts really depresses me ( seeing how much he hunts and like no quest items ).

Kratos , common , stop saying things like you will take people from the server , we are trying to make the server more appealing to everyone , so don't threat the staff of BlizzardMu with such things.

As long as : - moss is fixed ( from 10 kk to 1 kk )
    -marriage is fixed
    -mobs attack / hp ( talking bout k3 mobs )
    -lvl 3 quest items higher rates
    -DSR for MG gloves ( it doesnt add the 10% )
    -server exp is raised
    -arena low mobs ( 1 exp )
    If all these are fixed then the server will be awesome ( not that it aint awesome now :D )
    And maybe Sephi you might consider Golden Great Dragon every 6 hours not every 12 just saying :D

20. KraMer

KraMer Anor Nó Mille Fortis Supporter

goldens every 6 h is BAD idea because there are already plenty, if it would be every 6 h then server would be flooded with gear from boks 1, 2 and 3

otherwise agree with your list of fixes

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.