SEASON 6 Server Upgrade in progress...

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Gix, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Diegah

Diegah Member

Any news about the update aape? the site is down or something like that.

2. JoshuaRule

JoshuaRule Member

have patience and dont let them hurry things.

3. rodas02

rodas02 Member

Fix rage fighter character stats section

4. SpudOfDoom

SpudOfDoom Member

I noticed in the archive there was a poll about the balancing of FO items in season 6. I saw in there that you were planning on replacing the exc+ancient sets with 2 separate sets, one 3op exc and the other ancient. I'm a bit uneasy about this, having two sets really isn't useful because obviously you can only use one at a time.

Is it really too much to have a 3option+ancient set? It's no worse than having the old FO+ancient sets vs people with FO, and it seems like it's the most fair thing to do with respect to the donation refund promise that the rewards are lifelong.

5. Aaape

Aaape Well-Known Member

It would kind of ruin the long pursued concept of having balanced PvP between other characters, and donors and non donors.

But I understand where you're coming from, since you donated to buy a pretty expensive set.

6. SpudOfDoom

SpudOfDoom Member

Yeah I do understand that. Another server I play on has worked hard to stop imbalance with donors in PvP, quite successfully. Personally on this server I am not really a PVP player, and I just like that feeling that I have something to show and enjoy for my contribution to this server, which I feel has been quite well designed.

Maybe this issue could be accounted for by saying that exc+ancient sets will still be made, but are not allowed for CS? But then at the same time that will prevent those with the set from doing PVP with it at all, which I suspect most other people would be unhappy about.

In terms of balance, I honestly think that the 3 option thing is not the main improvement in the server. What will really make the difference is probably the drop to 32k stats. Because the lower stats go, the closer together the classes become and the less impact a set's options are going to have.