Still getting random DC's

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Avalon, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Avalon

Avalon Member

I am still experiencing random dcs! I think we all are. 1st I can get dc on my elf, then 5 mins later I can dc on my sm which is on another pc, then 5 hours later I can dc on my Asm who is on the same pc as my elf. And then 4th account can stay on who is on a 3rd pc. As I said, totally random! Sometimes the elf dcs but not the rest, sometimes the sm dcs but not the rest.

There is something wrong with the connection to the server because on other servers I could stay on for 2 weeks without any DC's.

I am also experiencing mayor lags even if I am using 1 account or 4. I have used 4 accounts on other servers before without lagg so this is created by the server. Why do we have these laggs? Maybe you should change to a better dedicated server with a better connection? I am sick of loosing time that I bought seal for because I get dced by the server! How about spending some of the money we donated to change dedi?

2. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

True that, the amount of time I have lost, meaning the amount of seal time I have lost is staggering.

It's weird how I can get DC on one charecter, but not the other (2MU's, 1PC). .

I am also fed up of not being able to AFK for the past....what, 2 weeks?

3. Aaape

Aaape Well-Known Member

Humm. 8 hours afk today with 3 chars, 0 DC's. Same story yesterday, and day before that. Last week there were some horrible lags, though.

Maybe the problem is with your ISP.

4. Wasabi

Wasabi Member

I've been afk more than 24hours with three characters.
    I don't think it's the server :p
    actaully, I did get one yesterday... but that was the reboots n' such

5. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

the dedicated isn't the problem ...most server won't even afford such server or connection + I'm keeping constant ping over the server and if there is a small downtime from connection then i'm getting notified so the problem is not on our side.

I've checked this even in gs and gscs, joinserver and cs and if it was a global thing you would get disconnected.

You've stayed here afk for hours and hours as well and you can see other players opinions as they got no problems so the problem doesn't come from server.

I want a full report from you on times when you get dc (make sure you list them as server time)

Also go to START > RUN and type cmd then type tracert blizzardmu.com and after this give it a go for tracert forum.gamefobia.com and print screen the results

enm4nuel likes this.
  6. Avalon

Avalon Member

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

7. Avalon

Avalon Member

Oh, and how can it be on my end when 1 of 2 users on 1 pc dc? If the net disconnected then both should dc...

8. Gix

then how it could be from server when 1 of 2 users dc ?

if you got a decent pc then yes ... cpu heavy loadins may cause the dc sometime

Btw you got some little isp problems as well .. see 21+

Try this : tracert google.com

9. Avalon

Avalon Member

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I got a decent pc yeah, so its not CPU's fault!

10. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

Same problem like avalon. 1 character stays online and the other account disconnect .
    Avalon is from norway and i am from romania . So i guess these 2 countries top connections are failed which is impossible.

11. Gix

a server connection problem would mean entire disconnect not random. The problem should be your system specs only ! What's a decent PC for you Avalon ? Because 2 opened mains on a quad core goes to 100% :)

A dual core can cause such random dc's if two clients are used.

Make a simple test ... open just one main.exe (one acc) and stay online. If it doesn t get dc-ed then i guess it's pretty obvious

There are plently of players using multiple clients and i can still see their accounts online and running

Here are yesterdays packets logs pinging google.com

And that 1 lost packet was more than sure a failed response time

enm4nuel likes this.
  12. Avalon

Avalon Member

Acer Aspire 8943G, Intel core i7-740QM processor, 8gb ram ++
    Cpu runs at 29% with 2 Mu's online, and I sometimes even dc if I got 1 user connected.

13. Gix

i've got no idea then. If it was a general thing it should have been for everyone or atleast 40-50% of players but on the other side there are players with no problems and the stats shows clearly isn't any connection problem from the host

enm4nuel likes this.
  14. Kratos

Kratos Member

i have had it couple times where i'll be walking on one of my characters and then the game will just close down for no reason...and normally only once on a character...not both...but it doesn't happen all to often

15. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

everyone is going through the same problem.. i don't see a way how to fix random d/c..

16. Wasabi

Wasabi Member

It's probally jsut mlitpul accoutns,. I got d.ced yesterday once... only once on one account. No big deal at all though. i really don't see a probelm with these d.c's

NOTE: im using a iBuypower desktop with and AMD phenom (tm) II x4 964processor, with a 3.4GHz. and a 8GB ram, and windows 7 64 OP. and two ATI radeon HD 5700 series graphics cards...

17. Avalon

Avalon Member

Well, the weird thing today was, I was afk 2 hours, and when I returned 3 out of 4 had dced , and one remained on the computer which were running 2 accounts. It does not look like a connection problem, its just that the server kicks me out. I get a normal dc screen, the window did not close.

Any clue about the laggs? I know others have experienced it aswell, just ask people who participated on PK event....

18. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

Just to clear something up.

If it was computer specs related, the client would close. You would not get a disconnect message. That will ONLY, and I mean ONLY, be a internet related problem.

19. Gix

Wrong

if the cpu goes too high and pc can't stand processes you will get a dc message exactly like you were either lagging or someone would close the server

Also Avalon lag and dc are two different problems especially if some of your chars still stay connected

And no jamescicio , not everyone.

Kratos, that happens to any client and it happend to me as well even if its a rare thing ... it's exactly like that bug from arena 8-8 when your client closes w/o any notice and it happend to me on other servers as well. Thats just a client thing and no one knows the cause since isn't a persistent thing

Some just use too many acc

Anyway remember that cpu processes goes crazy even when you open a mozilla page or smth simillar

About dc Wasabi, you prob got one today due to a reboot where i've fixed a glitch with feather drop level and ofc the maintenance that just finished

enm4nuel likes this.
  20. Avalon

Avalon Member

Does that mean the feather does not drop from Mutants anymore?