New Server Update/Fixes POSTPONED

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Gix, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Since the current main version isn't accepting some new protocols and i've just found some incompatibilities with the current host ( even if the sistem used for file tests was still a 2003 server edition ) , this week server update will be postponed for the next week(s)

I've tried not to change this main version as much as i could, but MU is improving and 1.07x+ is needed for the new versions.

Be patient, we are already working on adding the anticheat to the new main and testing if everything is working fine

cronox32 likes this.
  2. Lisbeth

Lisbeth Member

gee, this is for sure very bad, bad news ... :sad:

i understood there are some incompatibilities between versions or whatsoever ... but i guess you should try and get those updates one by another, not all of a time ... because i've read the thread on the site, and there are many updates.

i can be patient, there's no big deal ... but i'm surely dissapointed :crying: i was so anxious to use my new skill tree ...

but that's they way it is ... i'll keep my hopes, 'cuz i know that you, guys, always try to make our game more pleasant and worth playing. so, thank you ! :peace:

cronox32 likes this.
  3. eZ3kieL

eZ3kieL Member

yaho ..... no skill tree :( i need skill tree on my summ :((

4. Gix

don't start such comments because i won't accept them. First of all the summoner skill tree is not supported by our current main so we need to add the new one

Be patient and you'll be pleased at the end :)

PS: Except the landoftrials bug, our Season5 i could say is bugless even if such word doesn't exist ... i dare to say so

cronox32 likes this.
  5. Lisbeth

Lisbeth Member

it's not fair, you know ... if it's a forum, you should read and try and listen to every person who posts in it, even if it's just to appreciate your work (in which case i dnt doubt you have to be appreciated) or to dissaprove with you, guys. we have the right to be dissapointed when we know we've read something that should have happend during this week. it's not our fault you give us hopes, which we actually make ...
    maybe it's not your fault either, but dnt say that changes will be made ... try and say you will try to make them, so we dnt have to be dissapointed if you fail.

6. eXistenZ

eXistenZ Member

Lisbeth how are you? You play Mu and not metin right?

7. akkken

akkken Supporter

Gesh i see ure new around here Lisa so ill tell u as a lxongterm (i gues) player here that patience against updates etc is more needfull than complaining. Sephi and other ppl than made this network are also only ppl with normal life etc so he wont spend now 56 hours without a rest just to see a smile on ure beutifull face:). If we will less complain and more support tests and other needfull things here as the upgrades will be done much faster etc.

8. Lisbeth

Lisbeth Member

noone asked anyone to spend 56 without rest to update the server, and this is not only abt a "beautiful smile on my face", Aken dear. i wasn't complaining. if you read carefully, you'll see that. i even said thanks to everyone who works for the server in order to make the game worth playing. or did i not ? :)
    and i'm not a new player. i'm not as addicted as others around here, but i'm only new on the forum.

i supposed that the forum is a place where everyone talks, asks, gives answers and so on. i only told my real feeling abt all these things. i am really gratefull for all that sephiro and others are doing for the server, for the game, for the players, i never said i'm not and never ever complained or will complain abt anything. i was only saying i'm dissapointed abt the fact that i'm not going to use my skill tree. as i said in my first post, i understood there are some incompatibilities, i didn't even said i don't. i'm pleased with all the work the admins do for us, but i guessed i had my chance to speak up too. looks like it offends ppl. i apologise, won't happen again.

cronox32 likes this.
  9. Gix

this is turning into spam so i suggest you to read the forum rules first.

When it was about tests sry to dissapoint you but only 3-5 ppl max really did helped and progress was still made. Such things can happen even if it was announced, the update wasn't supposed to be such a big deal since it's only about changing some files. Instead of releasing something that i'm not sure 100% i preffer to delay it and make sure first.

PS: Don't tell me that we're not listening to players because we are doing this since 2006

akkken and cronox32 like this.
  10. Gix

this is turning into spam so i suggest you to read the forum rules first.

When it was about tests sry to dissapoint you but only 3-5 ppl max really did helped and progress was still made. Such things can happen even if it was announced, the update wasn't supposed to be such a big deal since it's only about changing some files. Instead of releasing something that i'm not sure 100% i preffer to delay it and make sure first.

PS: Don't tell me that we're not listening to players because we are doing this since 2006

NightBlue likes this.
  11. Lisbeth

Lisbeth Member

i didn't made that affirmation, not that i remember having. i only said that everyone here seems to mess up all my words. agreed that i was dissapointed because, as i said, i was wainting for the skill tree BUT as you said, it's only a matter of time and i'm taking it for granted. thanks for caring and i apologise in front of you (and not the other players who argued with me) if what i said offended you. i'm really sorry.

NightBlue and Gix like this.
  12. Kratos

Kratos Member

just want to point out...

at times you have not listened and now players are less active and server is looking less fun from different angles so hopefully this update will bring some hope back to the server...

example of not listening to players:
    http://diablo-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15492
    (From Season 4 problems)

I just want to say that both kramer and i have been trying to give simple ideas throughout the last couple seasons of mu here...but normally the ideas are shot down...and in that thread existenz says:

well looks like that isn't happening ... i rarely see full parties (4-5 players) on a spot or anyone helping out a low reset character on this server anymore

as i remember it...at one point Sephi you stated that you had a advertising plan or something to get more people to come here...well where is it? i see rarely any new players and if they are helped by someone that is only way they stay around otherwise they leave and is the same old people and they just level up and reset solo or using 2 accounts to level up 2 characters...

All i can say is something needs to change and hopefully you have something planned or this server could start to die out...

Good Luck,

D3v

13. akkken

akkken Supporter

hows the upgrade goin'?

14. Gix

Kratos seems you are totally stupid exactly like your thinking.

You tell me about the advertising method when you don't give a shit about it ? Where is the advertising method ?

Well my question is where are the advertisers, where were the S5 testers ? You always speak non-sense

"example of not listening to players"? Lol ... funny indeed, you expect us to do exactly as players want? Go to another server where the owner does that. Once the suggestion is not good won't be taken into consideration and that's all.

And about server parties, its's all about you ... the players so stop acting like an idiot. You guys are the selfish ones or 1000x exp in party would be fine for you right ? You are pathetic and this time you are banned for being again offtopic and as always lame comments w/o helping at all. You don't even vote like others do :)

Thread closed / no stupid comments or offtopic
    The upgrade is still waiting for the main thing so as soon as we'll have it we'll start testing which should take 1-2 days ( for tests

eZ3kieL and Lion like this.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.