[ ! ] Critical News - Must Read !!! - Why is the server offline ?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Gix, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Latest Update

Hello everyone

It's a hard moment for me since my nerves reached their limit but I'll explain you the situation.

As you know from yesterday, our mainboard crashed and we ordered a new one for replacement. While adding the new update we made a server reboot to save some settings and refresh memory and stuff. The reboot was made normally through START>SHUTDOWN>Restart with the reason of application installation. After this server reboot the HDD crashed without any error which is totally badluck.

We are making backups on 2 separate servers on 4 different hours: 1 hour / 3 hours / 8 hours / 18 hours / 24 hours ... since the HDD crashed we lost those backups but we still had the other server.

The bad news continue as the backups from the mirror server were not saved completly .... it's something i never saw and i can't understand why this happend. Instead of full save, the backups were of 8KB.

We still have a backup from 2-3 weeks ago which will represent the latest solution if we can't recover data from crashed HDD.

I'm doing everything I can to hire and try to solve with DB so we can recover only one file from the crashed HDD so we can have the latest DB, but if this won't happen ... exp, drop and everything will be doubled for certain 2-3 weeks so everyone can recover from that.

I want you to know that myself and the team are doing everything we can to recover the yesterday DB and we'll pay for that aswell if this solve the problem.

This is first time ever happend but seems every bad thing has it's beggining ... no one is to blame here. We didn t caused the HDD and motherboard crash, we made backups everytime, we couldn't predict/figgure that DB would be partial saved since 4 years ago it's working just fine.

Some of you would understand ... some wouldn't.

I'll just ask you to think about it ... So many times and since 4 years we are offering one of the best services of MMORPS and always were professional in our work. We showed everyone that WE DO CARE and never had issues like these before but as I've said bad things happen. Server/Computer Parts aren't forever. Most servers that encountered this problem already clo
    sed their server, stolen ppl money or worse.
    This network was always on my 1st plan and made a lot of sacrifices of studying time for dentistry licences and stuffs. Having some personal problems lately, then the university problems came aswell and now this so I really hope you guys appreciate our devotion.

WE ARE STILL HERE and we are doing everything we can to recover the data ( remember we still hack a bit older backup anyway )

So please be patient as maintenance will extend a bit more as I'm hoping to find a solution to our problem tomorrow.

I'll keep you updated, time to hang out with my second half and calm down a bit since too much nerves can't lead to something good.

Some encouraging posts would really help us aswell.

Translate Text

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: Seems chances are on our side and data maybe could be recovered. Trying to contact a service for data recovery and see their requirements

Update:
    I found a HDD recovery company about 2 hours ago and they started to scan it.
    Keep fingers crossed and wish them luck guys, we might get our normal DB back :)
    I'll keep you informed as soon they contact me

Ardeal, kentaur69, Rorix90 and 40 others like this.
  2. Brook

Brook Member

eh .. shit like this happens you have to move on :) we`ll wait for the problem to be fixed i trust that you`ll do a good job and fix the svr fast

DreamDemon, huaa, ilegal87 and 10 others like this.
  3. mandolinu

mandolinu Supporter

i am keeping fingers crossed, and hope that the problems will be solved well. Anyway you can count on the old players support.
    DGN is one of the best Networks i saw and bad things can happen everywhere.
    Wishing Good Luck is all we can do for now for supporting :)

DreamDemon, enm4nuel, huaa and 11 others like this.
  4. Karamatti

Karamatti Member

Sometimes the problems are coming all in same time, do not worry, take them one by one and soon all will be solved. Anyway congrats for the inner strength you posses and which I am sure that will help you to solve the issues.

DreamDemon, enm4nuel, huaa and 7 others like this.
  5. huaa

huaa Member

time [smoke and alcool] ^^ will fix problem !

don`t worrie we have patience.however patience is a virtute solve problems don`t worrie about it :) good luck and i hope to hear some good things sooner

6. Lion

Lion Supporter

as brook says "shit like this happens" ....we have trust in u .... good luck in solve this problem ;)

DreamDemon, enm4nuel, huaa and 8 others like this.
  7. Karamatti

Karamatti Member

i have a lot of time, someone want to join? :D

DreamDemon, enm4nuel, huaa and 7 others like this.
  8. jimini

jimini Member

sh!t happens...
    Take ya time, almost all ppl here are young we have time dont need to be in rush.
    Btw ppl vote...we need more ppl here when ser up

DreamDemon, enm4nuel, huaa and 6 others like this.
  9. sayfar

sayfar The Reunion Guild Master Supporter

i know that u can and that u will fix all the problems.u have all the time what u need to fix it. Good luck DGN Team

10. Ardeal

Ardeal Supporter

good luck DGN. we are all with u.

11. peteriou2

peteriou2 Supporter

good luck , lots of beers and time will pass
    all problems are made to make us stronger :)

DreamDemon, huaa, ilegal87 and 4 others like this.
  12. MythoS

MythoS Member

Sephi take your time and we are sure that everything is gonna be fine:D

Nerves are not the best way to solve a problem. Just take a break, drink few beers and im sure that all is going to be fine.:D:D

13. StoneCold

StoneCold Member

Shit happens.... We'll be here and we will patiently wait for the severs to come on again:D

Diablo Gaming Network is the best out there and we know it :D

DreamDemon, huaa, ilegal87 and 5 others like this.
  14. HaoS

HaoS Member

well u know "what don`t kills you makes you stronger" good luck in recovering those files i hope things will get back to normal ... in the meanwhile vote for the server guys and wish sephi and all dgn team good luck

15. eXistenZ

eXistenZ Member

even older players still hang by the srvr from time to time; Best of luck from all of us!!!....computer hardware allways causes trouble thats why warantys are given, and parts are replaced, sooner or later over expenses or not,....

we never doubted your devotion and sacrifices to the srvr and it's players Sephi, you and the team allways come up with a solution for problems, in no time this setback wil be no more.

.....we all support DGN, you guys are not alone eyther!!;)

DreamDemon, huaa, ilegal87 and 5 others like this.
  16. lolu

lolu dus cu pluta Supporter

well as most of the ppl just said sh!t do happen and most of us know from our experience.... so only ppl that are living in a pink world wont understand the situation ... anyways good luck

17. Roshk

Roshk Member

this problem will be fixed and this like this never know when come... great job Dgn team ...

DreamDemon, lolu, huaa and 5 others like this.
  18. ilegal87

ilegal87 DoomBK Supporter

Hey huyz we are here to stay too so "Brake a legg" with the DB ;)

DreamDemon, lolu, huaa and 3 others like this.
  19. ProDJHome

ProDJHome Member

I for one would say you put a 10,000 rpm HDD and you do not deal with such clips! It's crazy to happen and these things have happened to me once but that does not cost me more fixes:) Good luck in the future.

DreamDemon, lolu, huaa and 4 others like this.
  20. catakills

catakills Member

damn it...that is some sh!ty bad luck...i am hopin` you can recover at least a more recent backup :(

DreamDemon, lolu, huaa and 4 others like this.