Fresh air into inactive community

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Shameless, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Hi,

From the forum I see that forum is pretty inactive.

I just wanted to ask Ezekiel and Gigs if there is going to be something refreshing here? New servers, projects. Old server wipes. Marketing server more to bring players here and etc.

It's a bit shame that having these opportunities, communicative admins and stability this server lives with 200 people :(

Cheers,
    Shame

2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Hello @Shameless. These things are common in MU after a while as players get maxed, full grinded or bored and the constant migration between fresh servers has always been part of this game but there will definetly going to be more action soon. We are actively working on the new Seasons (10 and 11) and there will be new projects coming out containing those server files, eternalmu included. Regarding forums activity, when it comes to gaming, players mostly use it for complaints or disputes and focus more on the game itself if none of these two it's happening.

Vigant likes this.
  3. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Thanks for answers, Ezekiel!

We will be waiting for new seasons then :)

4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Awesome. Keep in mind that this is a 12 years old community (one of the oldest gaming communities of all) we are talking about so we aren't going anywhere, there is always ongoing activity behind the scene :)

Vigant likes this.
  5. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

I agree with you, it's a shame that MU players don't really appreciate such communities as ours and rush for every newly open server and later bitch about how bad it was or how fast it died...but hey, it's the way this game always worked or atleast it did, starting with Season 3 and up due to numerous seasons being launched by webzen instead of focusing on more important aspects. As @Ezekiel said, rest assured that we are always improving current projects and launching new ones to keep our players happy. I wish we have launched a new pair of servers running on new seasons faster but there is a slight delay, however we're trying to catch up and we'll definetly going to keep you guys informed.

Vigant and Shameless like this.
  6. Offspring

Offspring Active Member

Could you give us approximate time when we could see some later season server launch in eternal?

7. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

The biggest problem imho is that international servers do not attract people from the biggest communities of muonline. I speak about south america and asian players. Somehow, someway I would offer you to think about how could server such as yours expand and would include these lets say "markets". For example, in a complete russian server ( Even admin does not speak english) they got stable ~1k online (Trough 3 servers) . Which is not that great having in mind, that there are lots of bugs and configs are pretty terrible and unbalanced. South america has plenty of servers of their own, which have 1k and more online players. If somehow we could atract at least a small part of each region of people, this server would have 1k online players imho.

Other thing is servers with resets. Yes, finally some day you get maxed, you win cs, you got your set socketed and etc. I have an idea to do a wipe after decided time (For instance 1year) . Players who played and reached something could get credits. Top players could a get a T- Shirt with eternalmu logo or smth ( Just a food for thoughts). This idea is completely raw and I completely understand that it should much more expanded, but somewhere you need to have a starting point, right?

Of course I am not talking about financial things. Servers is business, and should provide a stable income for you guys.

Have it mind that this was only food for thoughts and some suggestions only from a long time muonline player which has never had a server. But I do understand some point of business and marketing, so at least I think, I made at least one good point here!

BTW, always nice to have a rational discussion with smart people. And it always feel great to come back into this community.

Cheers,
    Shame

Vigant likes this.
  8. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Actually international servers do attract many players from countries such as BR, PH so south america and asian players but it's a known fact that most russians players stick to russian communities simply because a huge ammount of them are nationalists and don't speak english at all, it's always been like that and it's not available only for MU but almost any popular game that has private servers. In our server we have many BR and VN players because south america players usually play low exp and non reset servers together with VN ones, while PH players prefer more high exp servers. Now, just because you've seen a russian server with bad configs and 1k online through 3 servers it doesn't mean all servers are the same and that's not so much either considering we had ~1500 splited into 2 servers here in eternalmu when databases were fresh.
    There are way more popular international servers all together compared to some russian or other national only servers that are popular and keep in mind that absolutely any server runs out of steam after a while and community is revived usually though opening a new subserver and closing the inactive one (max exp servers not so much). Few of the national servers in specific countries only tend to have some more players because there are less servers for more players especially for countries where this game is still popular (mostly due to bad connection, low infrastructure, etc) like PH, VN, BR, RU however the ammount of flaming and trolling on a national server is outrageous and this is why they usually die faster than international servers and they won't last as long in terms of longetivity, maybe except spanish communities which are more supportive. Most popular servers will always remain the international ones and while BR/VN/PH players will usually play more on an international server, russian players won't. Attracting russian players in an international server has no real strategy, it's either if they join or not and there are normally more chances for some BR/PH/VN player that knows no english at all to join, compared to a russian player in the same position and this is available for any community because of the factors I have mentioned.

Vigant, Jukato and NazguL like this.
  9. Jukato

Jukato Active Member

Well... On the other hand, not every player want to play with another. For example, im playing mu for a long long time. Every time im having chat with some other palyers about countries like VN/BR/PH i meet mostly bad opinions. That's why they stay on servers form their own countries. The thing is that its rly hard to find and unite extreamly different players who dont even speak english on one server. You have to aim players from your continent/country. If someone from the outside of your "goal" is going to create character on server like this and spend time here, you can say, youre very lucky. To the point - Its really hard to get about 1k people for a long time nowadays. People come and go, come and go and so on...
    But! We're all here to help! Lets find the solution to make it better. The most problem is end game in Mu online. Everything is okay when you can lvl up. When you earn something for lvling/reseting. When it coimes to the end (like on 100x. 65k stats was over), you start to get bored. You can say "Wait! you have Castle Siege, jewels to drop, bosses, etc.", and its a good point, but 90% of people who play this game, having the most fun from lvling/ reseting up. Making grand resets, staying afk on spots, getting stronger day by day.
    My solutution is not making some barriers (like this 65k stats on 100x) and stop. People have to get something for making Grand resets, and grand resets should definitely exist.

10. NazguL

NazguL Member

oh thats great news! i think server was killed by this season^^ season 6 was nicer and with better interface! im happy to hear that version will be changed. Best wishes to you Gix and Ezekiel and good luck to your projects!

Ezekiel, Vigant and Jukato like this.