Bunch of suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shameless, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Hi,

I am one of those people who started playing just after server reset. I am enjoying it ever since. Somehow know some things started to irritate me. We all understand that it is private server and some thing could be changed accordingly to rates this server has.
    Would be great if people who agrees on this would write there with their arguments. Cause it is been heard that some things related to drop makes people unsatisfied.

Suggestions:

- Selupan better drop = +luck +3soket items
    - Lacleon better drop = +luck+3 soket items
    - Kundun 380 exc +luck +options
    - Imperial 380 exc+luck+ options (For sundays)
    - Lord's mix 380 exc +luck +2opts

For all above things I mention, the better drop would be useful. I don't mean it should become 1 out 5. But at this moment it is kinda impossible to get +luck+3 soket. I understand that these items should be rare. But killing selupan, kundun and doing everything I can should make me able to get these rare items.

- The thing with +5 BoK drops. Sets like red spirit, great dragon, dark soul, dark master piercing and hurricane cannot be obtained from boxes. It makes these items pretty useless, cause people more likely gather a set from +5 than from mobs which takes tons of time.
    - Gaion event. It seems RF/DL ancient items are SUPER rare there (Checked it with whole ally). They should have the same procentage as other classes' items.
    - Arachangel weapons. Totally impossible to get which leaves me thinking why it even exsists if noone can have it.
    - Selupan, Kundun, Medusa respawning time. I think as for private server it should be a bit shorter than it is now. For example selupan could appear every 12 hours, Kundun 8 (Discussable thing).
    - Ranking system in webpage. It is not right for people who tried and fought for being #1 , #2, #3 and so on. How should feel YourMom,Smoke, Jukato when after a month they wont be even in top 25. Games are competitive, so ranking should be too.
    - Vip arena system. I would like to offer some weaker spots for arena. Simple example. I like this server, I buy vip, all bonuses but I can't raise level in arena cause I am too low and I loose that additional 20% of exp. Im not for pay2win but some arrangements would be nice.

Shameless :)

Vigant, cretzu and Kr1d like this.
  2. Jukato

Jukato Active Member

I totally agree wit Shameless. I tried to get socket items but its kinda impossible. Only get shield but im really surprise how i did that.
    Its so bad drop from selupan. Its quite best boss, respawn every 24h and it drop items like staff of resurrection +life? Not even 1 item socket +luck.
    Drop from monsters in La Cleon should be rise too. Now its only few players who stands in LC and look for these items, but in a month La Cleon will be overflow, and if someone will drop 1 socket item+L+3s every month, he will run far away from here.

3. Kr1d

Kr1d Active Member

Also, out of last 6 selupans that i've went to, 5 didn't drop anything at all and 1 got bugged right after spawning (didn't move/attack, had infinite hp..)

+ to the suggestions, also, gaion should have atleast a bit higher chance of getting items +L, out of 100 gaions i get maybe 1 item +L, if that.

4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

I'll start with saying that this is a long term server and it's been only a month since it started so rushing and feeding everyone with items it's not a good idea in mu as players already have a lot of items and getting latest tier sets with luck included requires extra effort. Don't forget what suggestions are, just because we took the useful ones into consideration and applied them it doesn't mean all of them are good for the long term. We understand how some people think that their suggestion should be applied and immediately if possible, but most of times it's only individual thinking and in this game once the latest sets are being obtained most will migrate towards a fresh start.

- You cannot increase the luck rate individually per item (normal/excellent/socketed 1,2,3) or only for the mentioned events that you hunt, it has to be done globally which affects everything. Selupan, Lacleon, Lundun, Imperial and so on, all of them are set to randomly provide items with luck and you cannot increase this without affecting all the other drops.

- Bok items subject has been already discussed. Items like great dragon, red spirit could be found in private servers from bok+5 on older seasons, no new season is providing these items from boks as it would make the other game events useless. Bok items are not supposed to be godly, they are for starters otherwise everyone would hunt box of kunduns and ignore other content of the game. Most servers have even lower tier items than we have, up to sphinx set for example. If you want better items you have to hunt them into the events instead of hunting goldens alone.

- I'm sure we are one of the very few servers that ever touched the config files of the imperial event by adding the rf non-exe set to the list which by default it doesn't exist here and the same goes for some other items, you won't find just any ingame item into imperial event when there is chaos castle, lot, kundun, medusa. Except this setting this event works the same way on any server and drops the same items. It's normal for the rf/dl ancient items to drop a lot less than the others, simple logic: there are many ancient sets that can be worn by multiple classes especially when it comes to dark knight/dl/rf and there are only a few sets for dl/rf class alone so it's logic they will drop less. Here is a screenshot with the event file structure so you can have an idea http://prntscr.com/arp2t5. As you see this event file config has over 800 coding lines of items, the last number you see it's the drop rate and all ancient items have a drop anywhere between 4000-4050, together with all the other items that the event drops they all must sum 1.000.000 rate so each item has a specific rate that is already set. At the same time, I don't think you know how this event fully works: the event is split by stages meaning the higher the level, the higher the defence/hp/attack rate of the event guardians but at the same time you get different drops and rates for different levels, as the screenshot shows those are the ancient items that drop for levels 301~400, the 401~600 range level drops something different and so on. There are no guides over internet on this because players have to find it by themselves and there is a reason why imperial event doesn't have a cooldown time and you can enter over and over.

- divine weapons are disabled from drops and wil be given at special events, we mentioned this quite a few times from the very begining

- there are two servers and each of these 3 bosses drops anywhere from 2 to 10 items, reducing the respawn time isn't a good idea not even on higher exp servers

- rankings depend on resets/gr/ml but when these are capped in a server like ours then all websites are ranking players alphabetically. I know @Gix discussed this with the website developer and he may be able to offer a new function in the coming web update that also records the time when last grand reset was made but I'm not sure it's a good idea to rank someone forever on the first page. Gens is not having a max cap as ranking does so we can talk about being competitive when there is no reset limit.

- the +20% exp is available for all maps, not just arena so you are not loosing anything. All spots in arena have the same mobs so there won't be any fights over the "best spot", if you want lower level mobs then you should level in a different map for the first few resets.

Vigant and Sasuke like this.
  5. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

The thing is even if it's a long-term server, it shouldn't become gmo server with a higher xp rate. And I don't suggest increasing drops dramatically. Just a bit, to make things possible to get. 90% of people won't kill selupan 1k times, just to get that one drop which they want. These won't affect the server as you think. Will only add more fun to the game. For most people fun is most important thing. And grinding 3 years to get a set doesn't sound logically.

6. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Most servers out there are using all default drops (i am talking about drop contents from an event/itembag) for a reason and you would know why if you played the official server before. GMO doesn't mean that everything is harder, it was competitive 10 years ago but nowdays in gmo if you got the money you get full option items, pay2win conquerror/angel and devil wings, discount promo every few days and much more. gmo is not hard, is a joke.

The thing is you shouldn't expect this to be done over the night and set as perfect from the first time and that cannot happen. The luck drop rate can be increased but as this is a global setting, it will take some time as it has to be increased gradually starting from lower values. When we are talking about global drop this includes every item that drops from a single monsters/boss or spots.

PS: My answers were not sarcastic so I would appreciate if you leave sarcasm aside too, unless you have a formula for your 3 years theory.

7. cretzu

cretzu Active Member

I agree with shamless , why ?
    Well , the thing is that we reach full stats and the best set`s we can farm are Dark pheonix , ancient , dark steel etc , when there are so many sets that we can`t make.
    I think that if u increace the drops just a bit , not like in 1 week from now everybody has a max tier set fully done , but just to give us the chance to diversify a little bit the gears would make things more intresesting , instead of all bk`s wearing DP , all sum`s wearing Ancient and so on.

p.s. think of us too , how frustrateing it is to be max lvl (so imperial drop is good) , and to farm 24/7 for a week or more , and dont be able to get at least 1 good item out of imperial/selupan/kundun. As YourMom did for the past week.

8. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

1. There were no sarcasm, was only an example as it could be. (I explained it in PM, and if you would like to talk to me in person, we can discuss at PM)
    2. We are not asking to do it during the night. We are more than happy to wait if you promise some of the changes.
    3. Good servers are not a comming thing nowadays. So instead we offering some of the things, which would make server a better and funnier place fore people in our opinion. That's all.

9. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

I'm sure we all know that most gamers have the wrong idea that everything can be solved/changed the same day or no more than next one and they start raging and becoming impatient otherwise. This is available for all games just nost mu. As long as you people can understand and respect that then I'm sure @Gix will take this into consideration and increase the +luck rate for items.

@cretzu, you're saying imperial drop is good then you're saying one of your alliance members wasn't able to get 1 good item out of imperial/selupan/kundun and few days ago you posted on forums that you get loaded with ancient items and such after a few runs. I can understand how discussions are being influenced in guilds when someone starts asking for more and convinces the others it's the way it should be and back him up, I've been there too, but what does a good item means in your opinion as these events have a set drop, they aren't the only events either and each event provides different type of items.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Sasuke likes this.
  10. Sm0uker

Sm0uker Active Member

i would like to say igot a ancient gloves + luck from gayon event (from 90 times going there+-) i think its ok

Ezekiel likes this.
  11. cretzu

cretzu Active Member

" how frustrateing it is to be max lvl (so imperial drop is good) " i just wanted to point out that hes max lvl so there should be the max rates seted , and the best item drop.

Yes , ancients drop almost in every run u make in gaion , but here i dont mean the ancients , i talk about exe items.
    1 good exe item in my opinion as u asked is an item +lk +1 (rarely +2 option) , but not Zen/mana/speed/life after kiling etc ( for example a dk armor + mana / bone blade + life is useles u cant even sell it to other ppl) , and again i dont want em to drop every time , but just a bit more frequently.

+ u said the GD/RS etc drop on other events , but i cant find them anywhere .
    Gaion drops DP/glorious/valian/380
    Kundun drop same
    Selupan drop resurection staff

@smouker - ancient exe items drop from bok4/5 such as DP/Divine and so on , so ur not getting diferent items , thats the point i want to make.

p.s. Ezekiel , we are not trying to be absurd/abusive/agresive or something so don`t take it personaly , we dont blame someone for it eighter , we just wanna sugest some impovements that we tought would make the things more interesting and more fun.

12. Kr1d

Kr1d Active Member

Sure it's fine for you to get 1 +luck item out of 100 gaions, but not everybody has 4 people on 1 account :)

13. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Being maxed doesn't mean you will get the best items guaranteed, compared to someone who isn't especially as the gaion drop list has over 800 lines in case you missed my previous post so this gives room for a lot of chance which is why the event has no cooldown like others. As the max exec opt is set to 2, the only important options for a reset server would be reflect, dd and hp +% but you cannot eliminate the other options completly just because they're useless as those are part of the game (certain itembags allow a higher chance for some of the exec options but not all of them) and you cannot get only different items in every event either as this isn't world of warcraft mmo to have a database of thounds of items, they are limited in a much smaller number. Some items/parts will drop from multiple events but the difference is that others items and parts will only drop in certain events and this is how the game works, we aren't reinventing the wheel here.

For items like great dragon you can browse google for a drop guide and you will discover more locations. Nightmare, balgass, kundun (currently as non-exe due the 380 lvl items being added as exe and ancient rewards too but we'll add exe ones too on our next maintenance), erohim drops it for example and you can get it from cherry mix too.

14. cretzu

cretzu Active Member

"the only important options for a reset server would be reflect, dd and hp +% but you cannot eliminate the other options completly just because they're useless"
    Again u dont understand my point , noone said to just elimiante some options and thats it, u asked me which is a good item in my opinion so i answered...

The main point is to give us the oportunity to choose which set to make , not to limit us to DP/Ancient etc , as it is now.
    I hope you and gix will try to change a little bit in the further updates , and i thank u for it.

p.s. Pls remember that u or gix said at one moment that the settings on a server cant be made "perfect" from the scratch even before the server starts , that u need players to experiment things and give u feedback , this is what are we trying to do.

15. Sm0uker

Sm0uker Active Member

im sry i didnt explained myself right i got murren stornm crow gloves + luck(ancient in my lexicon means more unical items then the summoners set !)

16. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

Nightmare, balgass, kundun and cherry mix will focus more on the medium tier excellent items such as great dragon, red spirit, etc starting with the next server reboot.

When you mention the 3 socket items drop are you refering on them having a better +luck chance or that you rarely find 3 sockets on the item?

Ezekiel likes this.
  17. troo

troo Member

I guess I'll jump in and give my 2 cents about this. From a player's perspective all we want is just a bit more fun to the game and by that I mean something worth fighting for. At this moment pretty much no one tries to fight over the bosses as they know that it there is close to 0 chance to get something even barely reasonable and it makes the game boring after you get maxed. So lets say you still have some GRs left until you reach the maximum so the best thing you can do is just powerlevel your way to the max as you benefit from this way more than looking for items and after you reach the point where the only thing left is hunting bosses you understand that it might be game over for you at this server. I understand that you want to keep this server as long as possible as it profits you more the longer you keep it but all we are trying to say give us something to be entertained with as people may leave from the boredom.

18. Kr1d

Kr1d Active Member

Regarding socket items the +Luck drop chance is not that bad (although maybe a really little boost would help), but the real problem is with getting 3 sockets - i did most of my lvling in raklion while maxing my char and haven't dropped a single +L+3socket (during 7 or 8 GRs, that's crazy), but a several +L+2/1 sockets, so i suppose the problem is in 3sock drop chance not +Luck that much.

19. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

@troo ,mu has always been an afk-ing game (even webzen realized that and added the autoclicker that includes autoloot) that becomes boring at some point as there are people that once they reached max they will search for fresh competition while others will start hunting and once they get what they want they will do the same but I suppose everyone knows that by know which is the reason why people got used to the wipe concept more often that I would like to see, but I got your idea.

PS: It's more "profitable" to start over than keeping it long-term, just for you to know why there are a bunch of 1-3 months servers out there being launched everyday, even if most of them are a total fail.

So it's the 3 socket itself. Thats fine as the 3 socket drop is indeed lower than 1/2 due to having spots and I also knew it would need to be increased at some point but it's better to start with a lower rate and increase it gradually rather than having a huge wrong one. We'll make it happen on the next server reboot.

Ezekiel likes this.
  20. cretzu

cretzu Active Member

One more thing if i may ask , can u add the quests for voult/inventory expand ?