MU Server Reborn - Season 8

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Gix, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

SERVER MAINTENANCE
    Season 8 Work In Progress ...

Dear MU Players,

You may have noticed that the www.blizzardmu.com and www.diablomu.com are now redirecting to our www.eternalmu.com domain. We shall merge all our three servers into a single one having subservers with different rates, settings, features etc and we decided to use ETERNALMU as our main domain name since it suits us best due to being one of oldest muonline private server.

After nearly eleven (11) years online we are ready to bring the servers down for a general maintenance and take our time to work over our Season 8 premium server files in order to bring our mu servers back to life.

As you already know, our servers have always been popular and full of players, however due to lack of time and personal reasons we didn't found the dedication to continue managing them during the last year therefore we haven't performed any wipe or updates and the players slowly left which is totally normal and understandable in muonline.

We are aware that a lot of you have been waiting for a fresh start during the last year, all the emails and forums posts being a perfect proof for that so the announcement of our server reborn will definetly make a lot of happy people. Please keep in mind there is no estimated time or an exact date on the server reborn so no pressure please, it may take a couple of months and while we were planning to use a S6 Ep3 version we decided for a Season 8 version instead since our premium files are the best.

Lion, Vigant, Fineas. and 9 others like this.
  2. evilro

evilro Supporter

A small maintenance

Manny players spend a few years , like 7-11 , in this server , including me , i was here from the start of this server ... Just asking...wher are the old players ( C3nt, Raptor , axNebunu ,Tito , Akapunto etc.) ? I know the answer : thei are not playng anymore ! Why ? Bcz : DarkSide its not here anymore ! Maybe you gonna do something to see your old players on your server , Gix !
    Till then..... :spam:

SERVER MAINTENANCE Season 8 Episode 3 Work In Progress ...

Gix likes this.
  3. Gix

Well just because you still play his game 11 years later it doesn't mean all of them got the same passion for this game and it's not like you can put a gun to their head and force them to play :)

C3nt, Raptor and Tito actually logged in few months ago and talked to them on skype as for the Akapunto or ax well those played like 2-3 years, I doubt any of them still playing mu.
    If any of the old players are still playing this game then for sure they'll join the server.

Fineas., saruman and romanul like this.
  4. romanul

romanul Senior Member

I am still there :peace:

saruman likes this.
  5. evilro

evilro Supporter

Gix...with all my respect for you and for your work on this server, i didnt put a gun on someone head, thei join to play on YOUR server bcz thei like old friends , not bcz of me or someone else, i didnt force no1 to play here...After some manny years you didnt see theat ?WE love this server and maybe we do something to keep it online like you do, ofc you work more thean us , but we all try to stay next to you and we try to return on YOUR server to keep history alive! DiabloMu well live with/without his old players, but lets be onest,what you really need? Respect , longevity or manny players? Nvm , i wait you to start on this new season , and i well join like a new player , with the same name,with the same guild. DarkSide rules!!!!!!!!!!

saruman likes this.
  6. Gix

@evilro, my friend, that english needs to be improved. That's not what I said so don't miss interpret things. The gun thing it's an english expression, don't take it literally. It reffers to the idea that we can't oblige someone to turn back and stick to a game he is not playing anymore. Whoever still plays mu will most likely join back and who isn't will just stick to the games he is playing at the moment or he might not be playing any.

PS: Respect for others work is a rare thing when it comes to online games and our mu servers had quite many ungrateful people, a lot more than many other servers which don't care much about their players at all and this is why I'll go hard on those who will keep that kind of attitude as for longevity, we are one of the oldest servers out there. Probably there are no more than ten mu servers world wide that launched in 2005 and still exist.

Fineas. likes this.
  7. Digimortal

Digimortal Active Member

So "THE DAY" has come ! :D . I'll be also here for the great server reborn. I wish you no problems during recreating the server. And I'll hope for a sooner launch.

BIiZzArDK and Gix like this.
  8. Bozkurt

Bozkurt Supporter

im also waiting for the fresh starting :) get readdy for my elf bk dl and bk :)

Gix likes this.
  9. CoolHair

CoolHair Active Member

Il ya beaucoup qui attendent :) +1

10. KraMer

KraMer Anor Nó Mille Fortis Supporter

hoo, so it's finally the time.

If the timeframe till launch is couple of months i might actually have a shot at playing for atleast few weeks, as i have some time off at february.

count me in!

Vigant and Gix like this.
  11. Tazar77

Tazar77 Member

At last !! Really good news, I hope to see old fellows. Greetings from Taghart

12. CoolHair

CoolHair Active Member

I'm so glad to hear about the wipe, and would be more interesting to have a maximum of 100 000 points and each one distribute them as they please. It would be more interesting to see a str bk vs agi/ene bk or str mg vs agi mg. This is true MU, not full vs full, there's no fun in that !

Either way, I'll be glad to play again in this awesome server!

13. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Member

Lol ? Are you as confused as I am ?
    If you want to play "true mu" then wait for the non-reset server because resets servers are intended to be full stats and in full stats there isn't agi elf/ene elf except the very first resets. The 25k stats per attribute is no different than the 32k one.
    I myself will join the non-reset server and the low-medium one.

14. CoolHair

CoolHair Active Member

You have right, i forgot abot non-rr server (blizzard), Unfortunately is very low populated if i remember correctly.

15. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Member

The non-rr server had few hundred of online players last time I have played and that isn't low. Maybe you played before the wipe and then it's normal to see less people online.
    Your example is really bad for a resets server (except if you burn stats after rr), unless you are a bk player that wants to see only bk characters being created. If you want characters that are dependant of their build then you play a non-rr or maximum 5 rr server, not a medium server with resets otherwise it makes no difference from a server with 99999x exp and resets limit. Trust me, you don't want to play a medium exp server with a reset limit just to get max stats in a few days because stats are limited, you will need a burn stats system to sustain your idea.

16. romanul

romanul Senior Member

Still wait !??

17. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Member

Read the first post !??

18. Fineas.

Fineas. Member

Can”t wait for the opening :)
    I hope this new server will have some weeks of strong advertisement before the opening.
    Can you provide some information of the premium server files?

19. Gix

So currently we pretty much finished working on the event bags drops. Since mu private servers brought such a lame concept over event drops and makes this game so boring and fast ending we will go with full retail drops. For example, boks aren't supposed to drop the latest exe items, neither only exe items as his kind of stuff makes the rest of the events being useless. Most people sticked to the old 0.9x versions where indeed boks were the best items but nowdays with new goldens that drop 5 boks+4/5 and with lots of invasions would be crazy to get an exe item per each bok alone.

Also you see a lot of crap settings and nonsense exc items as a reward for events because most mu server owners are too lazy to change all their configs to match the gmo drops because this requires a lot of reading, watching yt videos, testing and playing.

I'm pretty sure we can make this game be exciting again and when it comes to low/high exp the main differences should be non-spots/spots and exp rate. I'm confident people will want some challenge when it comes to global drops as well as limiting exec options and socketed to maintain ingame ballance. A maximum of 2 exe options for example should make items a lot more valuable as a 3 exe opt item would already be considered full option for any exp higher than 1x since the pvm options are kinda useless anywhere besides a gmo like exp rate.

Vigant, NazguL, BlindGuard and 2 others like this.
  20. BlindGuard

BlindGuard Senior Member

^ Seems like a good time to come back home.

Fineas. and Gix like this.