Regarding a season update

Discussion in 'Archive' started by jamescicio, Mar 29, 2017.

1. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

Hello eternal mu online , i've just decided to return to the private server scene after playing some global mu , the service on the global server is absolutely pathetic , there are currently so many hacks and abuses ( seed spheres level 10 dupes/jewels dupes) and it seems like the administration from webzen just quit on fixing it , anyway , that's why i'm here. I tried a different private server season 6 episode 3 with some crap reset system, anyway - i don't trust these mushroom servers , i just wanted to get my message out to gix and the gm community from eternal mu or as my memory originally recalls you - blizzard mu , i would love to come and play eternal mu the way it is , but the current way the client works - there are some horrible bugs that just make this season 9 unplayable ( the not being able to pot while attacking or switching skills while playing).
    I would love for the people from the phantom server that has apeared to move to eternal - because you have proven the test of time , my request is bring a more modern season with no bugs prefferably , and if we could get an estimate on what the plans are - or if you will keep this season 9 i guess - try fixing that bug that made a lot of people just quit sadly , but i believe a server wipe and a new season would be the solution .
    What about your opinion ?

Regards,

C. James

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2017
    Unigoat likes this.
  2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Hello. You could have said you are playing on a different server with no further mentions about their settings or statistics so kindly edit your post and remove the extra unnecessary info that sounds more like advertising, besides most communities fake their statistics these days so they are irrelevant, it becomes hilarious at the point when they forget to fake the hidden statistics page too and there are many who do that. It's even worse that people buy fake votes for topsites such as xtremetop100 and MU community has been educated in such a manner to migrate on every crappy new server that launches just because of the competition and stays away from lower exp servers if they missed the start by a few months.

By the way, we are not using season 9 but season 8 currently, however there are a few posts made in forum about our future progress and I'm here to tell you that we are already switched to a new team of developers for a couple months now and working on our upcoming Season 10 Episode 3 server (which is going to be upgraded to Season 12, currently still in beta, as soon as we'll consider it stable) that should be launched probably in May 2017, alternatively we'll be running a separate realm and support older seasons such as Season 6 Episode 3 that should be launched in summer. Keep in mind that bugs will always be part of this game and any other game or other software that is being developed, no such thing as bug free games exist and the annoying bug you are talking about is unfixable for the current version (season 8 episode 2) we are using but it won't exist anymore in newer versions and we are also going to have all those nice extra features such as reconnecting system, setparty, no hp/mana visual bugs or agility bugs and many others.

If there are any other suggestions feel free to post them down below, we're not going anywhere.

3. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

You musn't get mad regarding my post , i'm not advertising anything , but we all know about the official mu online server and the other crappy private one is just competition , but study what made player join them , anyway good to hear there is a better season coming out, can't wait to play it!
    Any more information we could get? exp , rates etc?

4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

I don't see how you came to that conclusion from what I said but no one is getting mad here. I asked you to remove that part simply because it sounds like an advertising text (not that you were trying to advertise somthing) and we are not interested in discussing about some other server settings, how many players they got and other similar things that are not related to our own servers. I've corrected the post.

We haven't decided yet but a x10 non-reset server will definetly exist.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Gix likes this.
  5. Gix

Gix Innovate, Don't Imitate Founder

We'll host multiple realms so we can reach a larger audience. Currently not sure what server it's going to be launched first and I'm still thinking if we should use a reset/grand reset limit or simply let everyone reset their character as much as they want but limit the stats only up to 100 resets for example and starting with 100 resets you will get a special token for every next reset that you can exchange for in-game features, items, etc. Example: 0-100 resets you earn stats (maximum will probably be 65K-100K), 101 resets you get a special token, 102 another special token and so on.

6. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

As long as there is a non-reset server currently like the one you have, all is well.

Unigoat, Ezekiel and Offspring like this.
  7. Gix

We are one of the first MU servers to use these rates (10x) that became very popular nowdays so there is no doubt that we'll host such realm.

Unigoat and Terrafrit like this.
  8. jamescicio

jamescicio Supporter

So in my opinion , for the low exp server that i am most interested in , i once played an old server called frienz mu - like in 2005 , that has 5 resets and you could keep stats , i don't know how that balances out the champions , but even in a full no reset server mg/ dl are some of the strongest characters in game , i remember that i had so much - and killing monsters wasn't that easy but in a party it was ok. What i'm trying to say is :
    1) maybe add some resets for the low exp server -2 reset -5 resets maybe
    2) many spots with a good spawn rate , so you can hunt the jewels and have fun getting items
    3) pvp server and non pvp server - although if there are many spots - but anyway there will be a crazy noob going to start pkin so its safer for people to have non pvp - we got to work nowadays
    4) soft balance champions
    5) hopefully the ruude system will be here on the low exp server - that will keep players doing events - and cap the events like on global mu - 4 blood castle/chaos castle/devilsquare/gaion
    6) try not to sell too much x shop - as for me it is not a problem but some players really hate the p2win option
    7) Please try to make the client not so ram/memory heavy .. as it would suck , and maybe add a limit of accounts per ip , maybe
    if anyone wants to add some more stuff ? maybe i'm forgetting important aspects about mu

PS. i'm not adverstising , this server was really old and was fun , now i would like it to continue here .
    Peace !

9. Gix

We are not in 2005, this game was much more popular 12 years ago. FrienzMu used to be our partner server that we worked together with (we were using the same files, logos and web developer) until it shutdown, it was a low exp reset server and that breaks the non-reset server concept. I expected for different and more useful suggestions that but I'll answer anyway.
    1) if we are talking about a non-reset server then there won't be any resets, we'll leave that for the reset server
    2) no idea what's a good spawn rate for you, we only use default spawn rates and we'll use similar spots to what we currently have because they are plenty and well organized so enough mobs and spots are available (the 4-6 mobs per spot depending on map and hotspots + default monsters spawning nearby has become a standard setting in MU servers nowdays simply because that seems to be the perfect size for a spot and provides a balanced exp. Back in the days when there weren't that many maps and subservers were not popular you could see bigger spots with two parties ksing eachother and still getting a good amount of experience)
    3) we won't split the community into separate servers (we'll have non-pvp and pvp maps) unless we get overcrowded and need additional subservers. We will however work on the pk system.
    4) you mean characters? if so then everyone has it's own theory as for "balancing" characters, like MG was never ment to be a strong character in this game but an easy alternative to levelup. It's easier to adjust characters on a non-reset server but everytime it will be different so this is going to happen in time, as for reset servers there is no such thing as balance unless limiting max stats and adjusting settings live.
    5) ruud system is a Season X+ feature, not a server specific feature so it will be available
    6) they should find a different server then which most likely won't stay online for more than a couple months because servers like that don't survive long. Things such as premium files, hosting, website, etc are not free nor cheap and just like others, we also ran at some point a non-donation server and it's the worse thing someone can do because it's the place where people give back nothing and ask for everything making all kind of dumb suggestions, give nonsense directions and disrespec administration. I've read similar posts in other communities and it's a harsh truth that I had to learn it the hard way, even though ours lasted much much longer and we are still here for over 12 years now. The p2win thing is usually a pathetic excuse used by those who can't play this game or expect to same have game progress for even less time spent in-game than someone who donates, even on ridiculous servers that sell literally everything (gmo included) a free player can easily keep up with a premium player. We'll stick to what we normally use in xShop for years., it's fair and affordable since everyone has access regardless if they donate or not.
    7) we use the client provided by webzen and our developers team so cpu/memory usage is the one that any S10-S12 MU client uses, there won't be any limit in terms of connection

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Terrafrit, Ezekiel and jamescicio like this.
  10. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

My suggestions and questions about configs

1. Will you be using the /offattack option? If so, can I ask if there is an option to limit the use? It generally, although not always, means 90% of a server is just farmers and 10% not leaving a unsociable server.

2. Will rage fighter and grow lancer be behind a pay card? If so, can I ask what plans you have for a level limit to create these classes?

3. I understand unforeseeable events may happen, but how sure are you to a may release?

4. Will there be a beta?

These are what I have so far, if I come up with some more that are reasonable in my opinion I will ask however, I know there is still 2 months until release so I understand if the questions I have asked may not be able to be answered right now.

Thanks,

Gix likes this.
  11. Gix

1. We won't be using /offattack, it's the most useless custom feature of this game and promotes "zombie" gameplay (happy to see that it hasn't become a trend and most servers disabled it too)
    2. We never had characters like summoner, rage fighter (and now grow lancer) behind a pay card here and it would be ridiculous to add such thing now, we're not webzen, however we are probably going to use default creation level for each class (grow lancer for example requires a level 200 character). You're thinking about creating them from level 1 or leave the default creation level as is?
    3. Should be May, there will be a pre-announcement like 3 weeks ahead anyway
    4. Probably closed beta (currently alpha), still thinking

Unigoat and Terrafrit like this.
  12. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

Great answers, thank you.

I am relieved knowing you think the same about /offtrade /offattack, in them cases people will have 10 accounts each farming spots with no parties etc being made.

No I think you are good as you are, standard configs for RF etc is best in terms of creation level.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017
  13. Gix

Pretty sure you mean /offattack so I've corrected that, as for character creation level I also agree it's best we stick with default settings, especially for the non-reset server.

Terrafrit likes this.
  14. Unigoat

Unigoat Active Member

Hello guys!
    I'm very happy to see that you are still working for the best of the server!
    As for the server settings - keep them the same as always.
    Reconnect system is a great feature. Level requirements for advanced characters is fine. It's always good to see active Game Masters online. Make us go events - server feels alive.

15. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Agreed, reconnect system together with setparty are nice feature to have but I love the ignore function most in newer seasons, it makes our life so much easier. Any suggestions regarding goldens, event bosses drops? I'd say that over the years we had one of the best drop settings around, we kept it simple and yet balanced for those playing this game.

16. NazguL

NazguL Member

season 6 episode 3 was perfect server. bring it back to life! ^^ (with same settings). if you will make jewels easier to loot, the economy in server will be broken.

17. killerkong

killerkong Active Member

Was about quit MU then i remember eternal :D:p:cool:
    so GLAD that i played here in this server the setting is GREAT and admins response fast...:cool::cool:
    played lot other server xtream100 from rank1-rank15 download them all and it S*** T_T ....even in official server the service S***:(:mad:...
    Service poor,, server obviously p2win (im not against donates they make server live)
    and now im reading this thread and saw the next season :):)I EXTREMELY CAN'T WAIT....URHHH!!!
    does this server has an FB group??

was hoping putting a character limiter per PC max of 3 account per PC;) not IP please im playing in a cafe and some of my friends also :)
    please CHANGE SEAL OF ASCENION instead of KILLING just GAIN exp.. EE does not benefit it:oops:

welp,, i'l be in SWAMP Leveling :cool::)
    ohh BTW PureSoul/james can you add my alter to guild want to farm some ancient and try to make 3rd wings :) Thank you

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Gix likes this.
  18. Gix

@NazguL, as I said before, we will be hosting S6Ep3 in a separate project that will go live somewhere in the summer. EternalMu will go for Season10 and then Season12 will follow.
    @killerkong, that is because most of those servers are faking votes, statistics and xtremetop is corrupted for years now. Glad you found us!
    - We don't have a facebook group, we got forums for that.
    - Never liked the pc/ip limits because it has always been allowed in this game and adding limits could cause more problems that may be really hard to debug, besides there are always ways to bypass this.
    - Seals cannot be changed in a different way, they work the way they are intended to work.

19. Terrafrit

Terrafrit Supporter

Bok+1 - Leather, vine, pad, Violent wing,rings, pendants
    Bok+2 - Scale, Wind, Sphinx, rings, pendants (who hunts this anyway?)
    Bok+3 - Dragon, Legendary, Guardian, Red Wing, Robust, Light Plate, Sacred Fire,rings, pendants
    Bok+4 - Iris, Ashcrow, Eclipse, Storm Jahad, Adamantine, Storm Crow, Princie, Ancient
    Bok+5 - Dark Phoenix, Dark Soul, Red Spirit, Piercing Groove, Hirat, Sate, Demonic, Dark master, Thunder Hawk

Bok+1 - Tomahawk, Morning Star, golden crossbow, Kris, Skull Staff, Small Shield, Lapid Shield, Lapid Lance
    Bok+2 - Elven Axe, Flail, Battle Bow, Falcion, Serpent staff, Mistery Stick, elven shield, skull shield, prickle lance
    Bok+3 - Crescent Axe, Silver Bow, Great scyth, sacred glove, lightning sword, legendary staff, red wing stick, book of samut, book of neil, battle scepter, alacran shield, serpent shield, elemental shield, commocion lance
    Bok+4 - Crystal Morning star, Aquagold crossbow, Crystal sword, staff of resurection, ancient stick, master scepter, Cross shield, Grand sould shield, Pluma shield, alacran lance
    Bok+5 - Holy Storm Claw, Saint Crossbow, staff of destruction/dragon soul staff, sword of destruction, Demonic stick (not sure about this), book of lagle, Great Scepter, pluma lance, vis lance

Bok+1 x3
    Bok+2 x2
    Bok+3 x3
    Boke+4 x3
    Bok+5 x2

380 weapons to be acquired from Nightmare and Kundun, sockets and 380 armours still from iron knights etc..
    Max socket items 3-4 (let you choose)
    max socket weapon 3-4, 5 for two handed.
    Default boss drops for pentagrams with bundles of jewels etc...

Hearts of love - jewels, rings, pendants, vine, leather, pad,
    Silver medal - jewels, rings, pendants, Bronze, silk, bone, violent wing
    Gold medal - jewels, Robust, Plate, Spirit, Legendary, red wing, light plate

Hearts of love - Tomahawk, Morning Star, golden crossbow, Kris, Skull Staff, Small Shield, Lapid Shield, Lapid Lance
    Silver medal - Elven Axe, Flail, Battle Bow, Falcion, Serpent staff, Mistery Stick, elven shield, skull shield, prickle lance
    Gold medal - Crescent Axe, Silver Bow, Great scyth, sacred glove, lightning sword, legendary staff, red wing stick, book of samut, book of neil, battle scepter, alacran shield, serpent shield, elemental shield, commocion lance

20. Gix

Thanks @Terrafrit
    Your listed drops are pretty much what we already use for years now (except the grow lancer items that we need to add) on our servers, including the current running season 8
    PS: Great dragon set is also available in bok+5

As you know, imperial event is a good source of 380 weapons/armors s per default, also we set nightmare to drop 380 items aswell, together with selupan and balgass. I doubt people will find exciting hunting all the 380 items from regular monsters drop only as it used to be on older seasons where there were much less events.

Does second part refers to golden monsters number? You talking about 2 x bok+5 as a whole per invasion or per each map where goldens drop bok+5 ?

We'll stick to 2 max exc options as for socket items we're still undecided. We used to have 3 max sockets for everything except double handed weapons (5 sockets) but we could go to 5 max sockets, however tetra spheres are introduced now so this will give socketed items some boost, therefore probably it's best to stick to 3 max sockets as we always did. It's easier and safer to increase the sockets number in the future if we want to than removing them.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017